UPDATE Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Somalis are the onlybgroup that can fight TDF but we are not cannon fodder.

Amhara is more evil than Tigrayans.Lets put their lies to test they brag about Menelik let them use those skills left by their ancestors to fight agames.
How do you think cagjar will respond, do you think the people are gonna listen to him if he coons out and ask the people to fight.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP

Amhara kilil president asks for help from somalis claimming they should come and join fight against TDF or they will be next once TDF humbles amhara.

@Calaf
@Gadhwayne
@Ferrari
:russ:
:ahh: amhara tears. Sweet yet sour. Somalis should not and EVER help Amhara, tell them to use the Royal Air Force of UK again if they fail to get them by themselves the same way Halie Selassie did. Let them kill each other, if they dare step into Somali territory, no matter the clan, its a straight declaration of war.

How do you think cagjar will respond, do you think the people are gonna listen to him if he coons out and ask the people to fight.
Cagjar is more axmaaro than somali he will definatly try send Aomali.liyu polis to but it wouldnt help because Aomali Liyu Polis are only 40K and have been unnderfunded and even Cagjar was suggesting that they are decomissioned.

You saw how Liyu lives were lost in Sitti because they didnt have the necessary supplies and weapons to counter Afar who had support to both ENDF and TDF.

Also cagjar was very cold to the somali Liyu polis fighting in Sitti.So the somali population will chastise him if he tries to respond to help Amhara.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Cagjar is more axmaaro than somali he will definatly try send Aomali.liyu polis to but it wouldnt help because Aomali Liyu Polis are only 40K and have been unnderfunded and even Cagjar was suggesting that they are decomissioned.

You saw how Liyu lives were lost in Sitti because they didnt have the necessary supplies and weapons to counter Afar who had support to both ENDF and TDF.

Also cagjar was very cold to the somali Liyu polis fighting in Sitti.So the somali population will chastise him if he tries to respond to help Amhara.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can someone explain to me what’s happening in detail? I’m interested, also how can Somalia benefit from this? Can we take back Ogadenia?

digaagjecel

How united are the clans in the region because that will determine who will choose what. Which zones/clans are pro-abiy and which are just pro-somaliregion(meaning they only care for their region).

American mainstream foreign policy thinking:

Chairman Menendez Calls on UN to Prohibit Ethiopian Troops in Tigray From Serving as Peacekeepers | United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations

Bob Menendez is the foreign policy chair in the Senate. Senator Menendez supports a more energetic American posture compared to Democrats. His thinking is well within the mainstream. Menendez is not calling for humanitarian intervention against Abiy, yet. It looks like Abiy is becoming a pariah because of Tigray War

The liberal internationalist establishment are trying to weaken Abiy in a some sorta unity government that also accommodates Tigray autonomy/subsidies. The more hawkish minority in America want to anathematize Abiy.

@xabashi @Sheikh Kulkuli @Abba Sadacha @Calaf

Biden is from multi-lateralist establishment. He wants TPLF/ENDF ceasefire. America favors Axmaara kilil withdrawal from disputed Micrabawi zone. Maybe also UN peacekeepers take over Micrabawi.

Blinken Calls for Indefinite Ceasefire in Call With Ethiopia's Abiy | World News | US News

Blinken is calling for negotiated indefinite ceasefire. That means Abiy accommodates TDF. TDF take back their old territories.

Will Tigray keep getting kilil subsidies from AddisAbaba and would TDF keep fighting until subsidies are restored? Or, excommunicatedTigrayans unexpected demand secessions

Things are changing

digaagjecel

American mainstream foreign policy thinking:

Chairman Menendez Calls on UN to Prohibit Ethiopian Troops in Tigray From Serving as Peacekeepers | United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations

Bob Menendez is the foreign policy chair in the Senate. Senator Menendez supports a more energetic American posture compared to Democrats. His thinking is well within the mainstream. Menendez is not calling for humanitarian intervention against Abiy, yet. It looks like Abiy is becoming a pariah because of Tigray War

The liberal internationalist establishment are trying to weaken Abiy in a some sorta unity government that also accommodates Tigray autonomy/subsidies. The more hawkish minority in America want to anathematize Abiy.

@xabashi @Sheikh Kulkuli @Abba Sadacha @Calaf

Biden is from multi-lateralist establishment. He wants TPLF/ENDF ceasefire. America favors Axmaara kilil withdrawal from disputed Micrabawi zone. Maybe also UN peacekeepers take over Micrabawi.

Blinken Calls for Indefinite Ceasefire in Call With Ethiopia's Abiy | World News | US News

Blinken is calling for negotiated indefinite ceasefire. That means Abiy accommodates TDF. TDF take back their old territories.

Will Tigray keep getting kilil subsidies from AddisAbaba and would TDF keep fighting until subsidies are restored? Or, excommunicatedTigrayans unexpected demand secessions

Things are changing

Do you know anything about China’s stance on this and have they spoken out about this as well?

I don't think the Tigrayans have the resources and the manpower to expand the conflict out of their killil border, remember they had lost in last year war thousand of their soldiers and most skilled military high ranking guys.

However they are very capable of getting back full control of their region and they can kick Amhara out of the Welkiyat,I don't think Abiy will send the Endf to save their ass here.

The real test for them will be the fight against Eritreans forces, but here again I don't think Afewerki will be stupid enough to loose thousand of his soldiers for a war that even Abiy is not willing to continue.

@Calaf
The next move for TDF is to capture Afar region then cut off the Djibouti-Addis Ababa railway line which is the lifeline of Ethiopia.
Expect Sitti region to be affected in this war.

If TDF captures the railroad then its game over for the Addis regime.
The railway is not that much relevant yet for Ethiopia as it is moving limited portion of their import&export goods.

90% of the goods are move by trucks throught the Galafi border then it goes through the Afar region , this is where the Tigrayans can badly hit Ethiopia if they want.

But this supply road is too vital for Ethiopia and most likely Abiy will send thousand of Endf troops to secure in case of troubles.

I don't think the Tigrayans have the resources and the manpower to expand the conflict out of their killil border, remember they had lost in last year war thousand of their soldiers and most skilled military high ranking guys.

However they are very capable of getting back full control of their region and they can kick Amhara out of the Welkiyat,I don't think Abiy will send the Endf to save their ass here.

The real test for them will be the fight against Eritreans forces, but here again I don't think Afewerki will be stupid enough to loose thousand of his soldiers for a war that even Abiy is not willing to continue.
If they have no manpower how did they capture 7 K soilders and parade them like clowns.Its not expensive to sponspor guarille warfare.TPLF knows Ethiopian terrain well they ruled for 30 years.

The only thing I would advice them is to leave Eritrea for the moment as they are not igu so caraar but are battle hardened.
TDF needs to focus on the road and railway line that links Djibouti to Addis Ababa. A mere hit and run can disrupt or even make drivers shun from going back to work.

The railway is not that much relevant yet for Ethiopia as it is moving limited portion of their import&export goods.

90% of the goods are move by trucks throught the Galafi border then it goes through the Afar region , this is where the Tigrayans can badly hit Ethiopia if they want.

But this supply road is too vital for Ethiopia and most likely Abiy will send thousand of Endf troops to secure in case of troubles.
The more Abye send 1000s of ENDF to Afar region the better its not like he will send troops thatbare more battle hardened than those captured POWs that are being paraded like clowns.
You have to know TDF just destroyed 7 divisions of 16 or 12 divisions of the army of Ethiopia.

If they have no manpower how did they capture 7 K soilders and parade them like clowns.Its not expensive to sponspor guarille warfare.TPLF knows Ethiopian terrain well they ruled for 30 years.

My point is that they have enough manpower, weapons and determination to get back full control of their region, but not enough to expand this conflict to other regions and eventually conquer territories.

I think they will see a negotiated settlement they can't fight Amhara and Eritrea at the same time.
I thinknthey should abort fighting Eritrea all together unless they have allies like Sudan / Egypt willing to get involved.

I do beleive destroying curting of the supply chain route from Djobouti to Addis should be top priority only then would Abye come to negotiating table.