"Can't turn a hôe into a housewife" now had scientific backing lol

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
The argument you just presented is absurd. "If you don't support feminism then you are sexist", this is you basically trying to make someone sexist, because of them having different ideals. The fact that Islam doesn't believe in feminism doesn't mean that it's a sexist religion. In Islam, men and women aren't equal in social/political/economic settings, doesn't that contradict with what you've just stated?

I've literally studied the idea and history of feminism and what it is perceived as in todays day and age. Feminism is the idea that women should be fully equal to men. We don't believe that in Islam. We believe that we are equal in value, however each gender has it's traits and roles.

What you have to realise is Dr. Zakir Naiks definition of equality is different to a western feminist. To think Dr. Zakir Naik would agree with a western women on feminist ideals is mad. Besides, I find it funny that a gaal women likes your post. It shows that what you're saying goes hand in hand with what she believes instead of what we as Muslims believe in.

Tread carefully when you're putting 'feminist faraax' in your bio bro. The shit these gaals believe in contradicts our religion.

How stupid are you, I clearly said I am not talking about Western feminism.

Let me repeat what I originally said:

Islam may not believe in what Western feminists believe in but it does advocate for equality and its not a sexist religion

But denying women and men are equal in Islam is against the principles of the deen.

Women and men are equal but not identical.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I have clearly stated that I am not referring to Western feminism, so don't use that in your argument @Caadi iskadig

Islam believes women and men are equal but not identical.

I have seen numerous members on this site claim that women and men are not equal in the Quran which has been debunked by numerous scholars.

Stop using the deen as an excuse for misogyny.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Are you pro-choice or pro-life? Once you answer this one simple question, you've essentially chosen your side.

I have the same opinion @Nak-Muay-Kru on this. In that its haram unless its rape/incest or the mother's life was at risk.

However, I would add that I feel like abortion is up to women and not my place to say unless they are my wife, daughter or mother.

I also think that women should not face jail terms for their choice though. That is harsh.

I have the same opinion @Nak-Muay-Kru on this. In that its haram unless its rape/incest or the mother's life was at risk.

However, I would add that I feel like abortion is up to women and not my place to say unless they are my wife, daughter or mother.

I also think that women should not face jail terms for their choice though. That is harsh.
Prison time is nothing compared to Allah swt' punishment for killing another human being wallahi.

The idea that men need to stfu about this particular topic and that it's 100% a woman's choice is fucked given the fact that men have some skin in the game. This is exactly why I'd stay single forever if it meant I couldn't find a Muslim girl, the avg gaal woman's mind is warped beyond repair.

Last edited:
How stupid are you, I clearly said I am not talking about Western feminism.

Let me repeat what I originally said:

But denying women and men are equal in Islam is against the principles of the deen.

Women and men are equal but not identical.
Here we go with the name calling.
:snoop:
Feminism is western. It's based on full equality you moron, hence why you shouldn't associate it with Islam. Men and women are equal in value, but not equal in every sense of the word. Men have certain priviliges as do women in Islam. Feminism means that no man or woman shall have any priviliges. Get it?

In Islamic marriage the man is the provider and the woman is the carer. We pay mahr, provide for the wife and children, while the wife takes care of the children and raises them properly.

Feminism doesn't advocate for that, it advocates for full on equality. So instead of name calling, educate yourself.

Misogyny is that I dislike or hate women. Where in my posts have you read anything that suggested that I hate women?

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Prison time is nothing compared to Allah swt' punishment for killing another human being wallahi.

The idea that men need to stfu about this particular topic and that it's 100% a woman's choice is fucked given the fact that men have some skin in the game. This is exactly why I'd stay single forever if it meant I couldn't find a Muslim girl, the avg gaal woman's mind is warped beyond repair.

I never said men should shut the f*ck up, I said that I will shut the f*ck up unless it’s my mother daughter or sister.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Here we go with the name calling.
:snoop:
Feminism is western. It's based on full equality you moron, hence why you shouldn't associate it with Islam. Men and women are equal in value, but not equal in every sense of the word. Men have certain priviliges as do women in Islam. Feminism means that no man or woman shall have any priviliges. Get it?

In Islamic marriage the man is the provider and the woman is the carer.

Feminism doesn't advocate for that, it advocates for full on equality. So instead of name calling, educate yourself.

Misogyny is that I dislike or hate women. Where in my posts have you read anything that suggested that I hate women?

Saying feminism is western is like saying racial equality is western because MLK was American.

My comment about using the deen for misogyny is aimed at those who think women and men are not equal in Islam.

If the shoe fits wear it.

:2n2:

Saying feminism is western is like saying racial equality is western because MLK was American.

My comment about using the deen for misogyny is aimed at those who think women and men are not equal in Islam.

If the shoe fits wear it.

:2n2:
Where did the term feminism come from? If you don't even know the history about feminism, then I suggest you stop and look it up, before making dumb statements like this.

By the way, you choose to respond to only one sentence, while I've made a coherent response to your comments.

Do you agree that feminism is based on full equality and that it doesn't correlate with Islam? Our ideology is that men have certain priviliges and that women also have certain priviliges. Feminism doesn't believe in that.

You're trying to change the definition of feminism. It's clearly based on equality in every factor.

All of the definitions of feminism are:

-The advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

-The theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes.

-The belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities.

Now tell me, is this what you believe Islam advocates for? There is a reason why feminists hate Muslims, it's because they believe that Islam has misogynystic beliefs. One of them being polygamy for example. A feminist would say why can a man have multiple wives, but the woman can't have multiple husbands? Why would she ask that question? Because feminism would advocate for equal opportunities/rights (socially, economically and politically). Polygamy being allowed for the man in Islam is a clear example of why Islam doesn't correlate with feminism.

Men and women have different opportunities/rights in Islam. They're not equal socially, economically and politically. They are however equal in value, because both genders bring a lot to the table.

It's amazing that you can't understand what I'm telling you.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
:i83dwbv:
I'm not getting involved in this gender-war, dick measuring bullshit sxb lol. Just here for the bants :samwelcome:

100%. Islam acts as a shield against a lot of this filth wallahi. The moment we cave in and allow the dofaars pushing for "Islamic Modernism" to get a foothold, it's a wrap.

Religion was designed for women far more than it was for men. It's irony more women will go to hell than men however.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Where did the term feminism come from? If you don't even know the history about feminism, then I suggest you stop and look it up, before making dumb statements like this.

By the way, you choose to respond to only one sentence, while I've made a coherent response to your comments.

Do you agree that feminism is based on full equality and that it doesn't correlate with Islam? Our ideology is that men have certain priviliges and that women also have certain priviliges. Feminism doesn't believe in that.

You're trying to change the definition of feminism. It's clearly based on equality in every factor.

All of the definitions of feminism are:

-The advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

-The theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes.

-The belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities.

Now tell me, is this what you believe Islam advocates for? There is a reason why feminists hate Muslims, it's because they believe that Islam has misogynystic beliefs. One of them being polygamy for example. A feminist would say why can a man have multiple wives, but the woman can't have multiple husbands? Why would she ask that question? Because feminism would advocate for equal opportunities/rights (socially, economically and politically). Polygamy being allowed for the man in Islam is a clear example of why Islam doesn't correlate with feminism.

Men and women have different opportunities/rights in Islam. They're not equal socially, economically and politically. They are however equal in value, because both genders bring a lot to the table.

It's amazing that you can't understand what I'm telling you.

I understand you clearly, the reason I’m not as committed to the argument as you is because you’re not willing to hear people out and trying to mould a narrative.

As for your points, I finished a degree in policy studies and economics so I know about the definitions of feminism.

Feminism is equality according to each woman’s definition of equality. A Muslim woman has a different interpretation to a white woman. Many people see the hijab as a feminist material or not, it depends on each individual.

There are many research articles that discuss this fundamental topic. Very basic social sciences my friend.

Also, you make a broad brush statement claiming feminists hate Islam. This is like saying all white Americans hate blacks, based on polemic rather than substance

I am currently using my phone and its 1 am in my country but I am willing to share reading material in DMs that highlight how feminism differs for each and every woman. I can do that for you in about 8 hours time.

However, if you’re not willing to see where I’m coming from then I guess it is what it is.

:samwelcome:

I understand you clearly, the reason I’m not as committed to the argument as you is because you’re not willing to hear people out and trying to mould a narrative.

As for your points, I finished a degree in policy studies and economics so I know about the definitions of feminism.

Feminism is equality according to each woman’s definition of equality. A Muslim woman has a different interpretation to a white woman. Many people see the hijab as a feminist material or not, it depends on each individual.

There are many research articles that discuss this fundamental topic. Very basic social sciences my friend.

Also, you make a broad brush statement claiming feminists hate Islam. This is like saying all white Americans hate blacks, based on polemic rather than substance

I am currently using my phone and its 1 am in my country but I am willing to share reading material in DMs that highlight how feminism differs for each and every woman. I can do that for you in about 8 hours time.

However, if you’re not willing to see where I’m coming from then I guess it is what it is.

:samwelcome:
I'm not trying to create a narrative, all I'm saying is that feminism and Islam don't go hand in hand.

As for you having a degree in policy studies and economics, good for you. My sister has got her Masters in Psychology diploma and she has a minor in Sociology. She literally studied about social problems, hence why I like to discuss about these topics, I always discuss with her about social problems.

She agrees with me that feminism has a definition thats black and white, so what other people interpret as is irrelevant. Why? Because feminism is the equality that women strive for in all aspects of life. So the fact that some muslim women have a different understanding of feminism doesn't change the definition of it. They just chose to interpret something that is black and white in their own way.

I didn't mean to say that every feminist hates Islam, however in my experience most feminists don't like the ideals in our religion. I should have clarified that.

I get what you're saying but you can't say that based on what other women interpret feminism as, that its an idea that can co-exist with Islam. These women have literally come up with a new social concept, and they should use a new name for it. We can not change what feminism means.

That's all.

Trending

Latest posts