Can Somalia become wealthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the only country on the equator that is semi arid. If that is not the worst of luck I don't know what is.

Somalia lacks most natural resources, but we have some. We can become self sufficient in fish, and we can also produce at least half of the food we need to feed our people. We will not become wealthy anytime this century, but reaching middle income status is not out of the question for us in the next 40 years. If I were in charge of a regional state like Puntland, I would speed up urbanization and basically ignore all non urban areas. In essence getting the process of urbanization over with instead of having it drag out over decades, and simultaneously lowering the fertility rate so that productivity gains are translated into increased incomes instead of more children.
It's semi arid because our ancestors didn't farm and let nature take back the land. We can easily resolve this and make the whole country green again just ask @Factz . How we dod this depends on whether somalis get their shit together and seek out good leadership, however with poor leadership no country can progress.

It is the only country on the equator that is semi arid. If that is not the worst of luck I don't know what is.

Somalia lacks most natural resources, but we have some. We can become self sufficient in fish, and we can also produce at least half of the food we need to feed our people. We will not become wealthy anytime this century, but reaching middle income status is not out of the question for us in the next 40 years. If I were in charge of a regional state like Puntland, I would speed up urbanization and basically ignore all non urban areas. In essence getting the process of urbanization over with instead of having it drag out over decades, and simultaneously lowering the fertility rate so that productivity gains are translated into increased incomes instead of more children.
How do you know we lack resources when no one really conducted research into this matter? our recent ancestors didn't go mining and i don't see any mines around from the colonial era so i doubt anyone knows for sure whether we have some resources beneath our ground.

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
Can somalia become a wealthy country one day? is it possible if it is how will we achieve this

Yes, we can! But we are now too divided fighting over bullshit to use our resources to rebuild our country.

We need to use our natural resource (Oil, etc) to rebuild our infrastructure. Build roads, ports and an electric grid. Somalia is located perfectly for renewable energy. We could use our position to create industrial zones and lure investors with free energy(Solar, Wind). We need to diversify our economy and not become dependent on oil like the Saudis.

Yes, we can! But we are now too divided fighting over bullshit to use our resources to rebuild our country.

We need to use our natural resource (Oil, etc) to rebuild our infrastructure. Build roads, ports and an electric grid. Somalia is located perfectly for renewable energy. We could use our position to create industrial zones and lure investors with free energy(Solar, Wind). We need to diversify our economy and not become dependent on oil like the Saudis.

Yes. :dzmxmmb:

Wealth & Glory beckons in your lifetime

Play your part, fear Allah, love your country, and take care of your fellow Somali :nvjpqts:

Mashallah!

Building up my hopes of going back to somalia :banderas:

We have iron ore. If we mine it to produce steel. We can make high rise buildings, cars, railroads/trains. Boats/ships. We can sell it to Arab countries and China who are buying it like crazy to build cities. This Industry alone can produce about $200billion for somalia per year. Plus it will indirectly create jobs. I was interested to start a iron ore mine but i will probably have to be apart of a big group to invest in it as processing the mineral is expensive and dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts