Can Somalia become wealthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Somalia lacks resources, only human capital can make it "rich" which is lacks too. I don't believe Somalia will ever become "rich". The civil war happened at the worst possible time and countries have leapfrogged it so much that it is destined to become subservient to its neighbors.

Somalia lacks resources, only human capital can make it "rich" which is lacks too. I don't believe Somalia will ever become "rich". The civil war happened at the worst possible time and countries have leapfrogged it so much that it is destined to become subservient to its neighbors.

Somalia has much resources

Least developed regions are without doubt those I mentioned. Puntland is doing ok for what it is, 2 and a half gobols with one and a half large cities Bosaso + half of Galkacyo.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Majerteen Sulatnate became rich purely from trading with the outside world. If we can effectively utilise our ports and coastline located in such a strategic place, we can benefit.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

It is the only country on the equator that is semi arid. If that is not the worst of luck I don't know what is.

Somalia lacks most natural resources, but we have some. We can become self sufficient in fish, and we can also produce at least half of the food we need to feed our people. We will not become wealthy anytime this century, but reaching middle income status is not out of the question for us in the next 40 years. If I were in charge of a regional state like Puntland, I would speed up urbanization and basically ignore all non urban areas. In essence getting the process of urbanization over with instead of having it drag out over decades, and simultaneously lowering the fertility rate so that productivity gains are translated into increased incomes instead of more children.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
If only a council takes over

Yep.

Unfortunately democracies leave too many loopholes open for our competitors next door.

Dictatorships won't work because holding on to power would end up being more important than the nation's welfare.

Council would be perfect but figuring out who to pick and how to prevent the same corruption that you see with MP's need to be looked into.

4.5 shouldn't be used here.

Also they need to be contained to a single short term so it's less of a position of power than it's a public service like the jury duty.

Only then could we get our priorities together and focus on building up the only natural resource that we have and the only one worth developing: human resources.

With a bit of value add processing; we could sell them off as premium lamb meat to the Arabs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
It is the only country on the equator that is semi arid. If that is not the worst of luck I don't know what is.

Somalia lacks most natural resources, but we have some. We can become self sufficient in fish, and we can also produce at least half of the food we need to feed our people. We will not become wealthy anytime this century, but reaching middle income status is not out of the question for us in the next 40 years. If I were in charge of a regional state like Puntland, I would speed up urbanization and basically ignore all non urban areas. In essence getting the process of urbanization over with instead of having it drag out over decades, and simultaneously lowering the fertility rate so that productivity gains are translated into increased incomes instead of more children.
Don't forget the abundance of solar energy in PL, installing solar panels & windmills can enable us to become self sufficient in energy which in turn lowers its cost. The first thing i would do is create the Galkacyo - Garacad road.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
And why is that?:gucciwhat:

"Somalia" barely exists on paper today, 20 years from now not even that will be the case. We will split up into tiny clan states, and in turn forever remain under the influence of stronger nations.

Don't expect anything else from brain dead Somalis.

"Somalia" barely exists on paper today, 20 years from now not even that will be the case. We will split up into tiny clan states, and in turn forever remain under the influence of stronger nations.

Don't expect anything else from brain dead Somalis.

Stop being delusional that will never happen:noneck:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Stop being delusional that will never happen:noneck:

Nothing i have said is far fetched, but you can remain wilfully naive. I on the other hand can clearly see the writing in the sand. "Somalia" is on life support, won't be long until that damaged corpse gives out.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP

Much of the lands outside the main towns in Garowe, Bosaso and Galkayo have been marked which means they are private. The government should have made a limit for land hoarders that if they want to purchase the land, it must be constructed. You will see random houses way outside the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts