Can Guys and Girls be just friends?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If a guy has very close friend he will refer him to a good girl that he knows and has no feelings for.
This is ok.

But a guy will never ever refer his friend to a girl that he couldn’t crack. That is insulting to the male ego

Hypothetically, what if the guy doesn't stand a chance? And his friend is the better match. Or is that too much for the male ego to handle? :icon lol:

Hypothetically, what if the guy doesn't stand a chance? And his friend is the better match. Or is that too much for the male ego to handle? :icon lol:
Its too much for the ego. Even if he doesn’t stand a chance, he will never introduce you to another man. Most single guys won’t even mention another single guy in your presence, because they fear you asking too many questions and you may become interested in him (could be or not). This is with Somali guys I’ve seen.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Its too much for the ego. Even if he doesn’t stand a chance, he will never introduce you to another man. Most single guys won’t even mention another single guy in your presence, because they fear you asking too many questions and you may become interested in him (could be or not). This is with Somali guys I’ve seen.

Sis, you have so much insight. I'm learning a lot. TBH, my friend told me about this phenomenon. There was a guy she knew for years and not once did he ever introduce his more eligible friends. Instead he would give her the runaround.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It is way too much. You’re admitting defeat, and setting yourself up for more comparison of your “better looking friend”. Eventually all you’ll do is look up to him and ruin your self-esteem. This is exactly what women do, sometimes having an ego that you protect is better than a crippled self-esteem.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It is way too much. You’re admitting defeat, and setting yourself up for more comparison of your “better looking friend”. Eventually all you’ll do is look up to him and ruin your self-esteem. This is exactly what women do, sometimes having an ego that you protect is better than a crippled self-esteem.

Why does it have to be an appraisal thing? The guy the girl knows might be good looking with something going for himself but he might have a totally different lease on life. Hence, why he's not in the running. While his friend could be more compatible. It's just a thought.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Why does it have to be an appraisal thing? The guy the girl knows might be good looking with something going for himself but he might have a totally different lease on life. Hence, why he's not in the running. While his friend could be more compatible. It's just a thought.
Not a thought that comes to mind when you have any semblance of self-worth. No one thinks “oh I’m not good enough for her, I know someone that’s more worthy of him. I’ll try and match them up!”

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
Yes but only if its a platonic relationship. I dont befriend girls that im sexually attracted to even if we click
Y’all already beat your meat to your female friends

Or so I’ve heard :damedamn:
What kind of friends do you have?
:damn:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Not a thought that comes to mind when you have any semblance of self-worth. No one thinks “oh I’m not good enough for her, I know someone that’s more worthy of him. I’ll try and match them up!”

That sounds very ego encapsulated. Why does an introduction mean trampling over one's sense of self-respect? It doesn't have to be that deep. The girl might not be a match for the guy. It doesn't make him less worthy just different. :bell:

Sis, you have so much insight. I'm learning a lot. TBH, my friend told me about this phenomenon. There was a guy she knew for years and not once did he ever introduce his more eligible friends. Instead he would give her the runaround.
Absolutely. It’s because he wants you for himself. Even if you never gave him signs that you’re interested, he still might think there’s a chance between you two.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Absolutely. It’s because he wants you for himself. Even if you never gave him signs that you’re interested, he still might think there’s a chance between you two.
Exactly. If a guy’s a “close friend” with you, then most likely he would rather be more than just friends. Especially if you’re pretty.

If you’re ugly then you he just wants to stay as friends

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Exactly. If a guy’s a “close friend” with you, then most likely he would rather be more than just friends. Especially if you’re pretty.

If you’re ugly then you he just wants to stay as friends
Na, I can separate women from women who I'm attracted to. I find it easy to make those conscious decisions. Plus, attraction fades

Trending