Brunei to punish gay sex and adultery with death by stoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new law which comes into effect from next week will punish homosexual sex and adultery with death in the small southeast Asian kingdom of Brunei.

Beginning on April 3, any individuals found guilty of the offenses will be stoned to death, according to a new penal code. The punishment will be "witnessed by a group of Muslims."
The country's strict new laws were announced in 2014, and have been rolled out gradually. The latest phase of implementation, including the brutal new provisions, was quietly announced on the Brunei attorney general's website on December 29, 2018.
Human rights groups were quick to express horror at the penal code, which will also order amputation as a punishment for theft.
"Brunei must immediately halt its plans to implement these vicious punishments, and revise its Penal Code in compliance with its human rights obligations. The international community must urgently condemn Brunei's move to put these cruel penalties into practice," Rachel Chhoa-Howard, Brunei Researcher at Amnesty International, said in a statement.

There was a broad international outcry when Brunei became the first country in the region to adopt sharia law in 2014, an Islamic legal system which outlines strict corporal punishments.
The tiny, oil-rich kingdom of just over 450,000 people is located on the island of Borneo, close to moderate Islamic nations of Indonesia and Malaysia.
In comparison to its neighbors, Brunei has grown conservative in recent years, including banning the sale of alcohol.
The new penal code was announced in May 2014, by the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah, who also acts as the country's prime minister. In announcing the change, government's website quoted the Sultan saying that his government "does not expect other people to accept and agree with it, but that it would suffice if they just respect the nation in the same way that it also respects them."

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
:it0tdo8: A thousand Mashallahs for Brunei :it0tdo8: :2tjlv3e: I knew Brunei was already a beautiful country, but it must be amazing if they've actually got the guts to incorporate a diin-based government. I hope they succeed and exceed and don't give leeway to corruption.

This kind of agenda must be kept out of Africa. The west is for degeneracy, everywhere is can have their oen strict laws.

:nahgirl:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
I love how most media outlets are overwhelmingly reporting only on the gay sex and stoning bit. Shows you where their agenda lies :bell:

psyche

To each their own
Interesting step forward for the nation of Brunei. I have to say I am more than happy for the nation to implement laws like these if it is done in a justful manner.

But how are the non-Muslim Bruneian going to react to this new legislation?

Only time will tell how successful this new law is for the kingdom of Brunei.

:farmajoyaab: Homosexuality is not universally practiced. There are societies around the world where it is absent. I don't know why they leave that out from human sexuality textbooks?

@sophisticate

Africa is a good example where homosexuality, by consensus, is viewed unfavorably. Aside from certain countries that have significant Western European populations like South Africa, most Africans abhor and are not so open minded concerning homosexuality...

Having said that, there is significant political pressure emanating from Western countries attempting to dictate to African countries and 'force' them in changing their laws on homosexuality with the threat of sanctions and withdrawing aid.

Also take into consideration the militant, aggressive and unorthodox approach by LGBT groups to force their way into mainstream discourse to the point of lobbying politicians to force children as young as 5 to learn about the wonderful 'diversity' in sexual expression. Muslim parents recently removed over 500 children from a school in Birmingham, with a joint statement that unless the school stops 'indoctrinating' their children, they will keep their kids at home... The parents won.

Point is, there definitely is an agenda. I believe that communities around the word must work hard to make sure that this degeneracy is never normalised.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@sophisticate

Africa is a good example where homosexuality, by consensus, is viewed unfavorably. Aside from certain countries that have significant Western European populations like South Africa, most Africans abhor and are not so open minded concerning homosexuality...

Having said that, there is significant political pressure emanating from Western countries attempting to dictate to African countries and 'force' them in changing their laws on homosexuality with the threat of sanctions and withdrawing aid.

Also take into consideration the militant, aggressive and unorthodox approach by LGBT groups to force their way into mainstream discourse to the point of lobbying politicians to force children as young as 5 to learn about the wonderful 'diversity' in sexual expression. Muslim parents recently removed over 500 children from a school in Birmingham, with a joint statement that unless the school stops 'indoctrinating' their children, they will keep their kids at home... The parents won.

Point is, there definitely is an agenda. I believe that communities around the word must work hard to make sure that this degeneracy is never normalised.

There certainly is this desire they have to superimpose a largely European concept on to people that disapprove and with divergent beliefs. I will agree with you there. I wonder why they care so much?

I just wanted to state the truth. That it is totally absent from some African societies. And rarer in SSA countries than in Europe or Asia.

I see your point. They have tried changing the curriculum here, as well. But there was significant push back from religious communities. Nonetheless, a change in power prevented the go-ahead for sex-ed reform.

Apollo

VIP
Brunei's economy:

614px-Brunei_Export_Treemap.jpg

Not rich because of their brains.

How come diversified advanced economies never do such barbaric things... hmm think about it.

This man speaks for all africans. May his flaw be forgotten for he has claimed the position of representative of africa from the great Idi amin dada.

:lawd::rejoice:

Apollo

VIP
Judging from this thread one can conclude that Somalis are fake leftwingers/liberals.

They are at heart like the Republican/Conservative whites who want them out of the country and only vote leftwing for the gibs.

Judging from this thread one can conclude that Somalis are fake leftwingers/liberals.

They are at heart like the Republican/Conservative whites who want them out of the country and only vote leftwing for the gibs.

Man don't tell me you're gay?

Lol saxiib i firmly believe that there is no law other than the law of Allah.

Does anyone find it hypocritical that Saudi Arabia/Brunei are allowed to rule by sharia law...whereas other muslim countries are threatened with invasion and labelled terrorists if they try to rule by shariah?

Guess the west keeps quiet when there is the benefit of free flowing oil.

halwa

✨🌙

You wouldn’t understand even if we tried explaining it to you. You’re not one of us.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
homosexuality is a sickness and a evil practice that must be shunned in the muslim world and never be accepted. and with Brunei new law it will prevent these perverted people from influencing and spreading their filth to other vulnerable males and become like Lut people. Is only right what Brunei is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.