Brunei to punish gay sex and adultery with death by stoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except you have the option to get married and live your so called halal life. Gay people don't get that option with Islam. Why do I have to be celibate the rest of my life but you're allowed to get married? If I don't believe in the religion you follow, it should not be able to dictate the way I live my life. So many Muslim people fail to see that. Could you imagine if in any of the western countries there was no separation of church and state and you were punished for things that are haram in their religion which you do not adhere to? It's absurd.
How did you realize you are Gay? Did you grow up around gay people/see gay propoganda?
I find it hard to believe that people are born gay without influence, why would Allah make them gay? but at the same time, I don’t see why anyone would choose to be gay considering the abuse they go through, and all those gay conversion therapies they used to do didn’t change their sexualities.
I read some studies that said Gay people were more likely to have experienced child abuse, however idk how true that is.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
How did you realize you are Gay? Did you grow up around gay people/see gay propoganda?
I find it hard to believe that people are born gay without influence, why would Allah make them gay? but at the same time, I don’t see why anyone would choose to be gay considering the abuse they go through, and all those gay conversion therapies they used to do didn’t change their sexualities.
I read some studies that said Gay people were more likely to have experienced child abuse, however idk how true that is.

I actually use to be really religious. Prayed 5 times a day, read the Quran was close too finishing it. Went to the Masjid and so on. My mothers has always loved me and treated well. Never been abused.

I knew I was gay from early age. I'm talking like age 6. Ignored it for a long time. All my friends were into girls and always talked about them. Even "dated" one in elementary...lol but I never felt any sort of sexual or emotional attraction when I looked at girls.

It sucks growing up knowing your family would disown you if they were to ever find out you were gay. It ruins the intimacy you're suppose to have with them. I have accepted it at this point in my life but I wish I could be honest with my mother...

Like you said why would anyone choose to go through the mental anguish of being gay in a conservative household/society. Who I fall in love with does not have any impact on anyone's life but my own. So it breaks my heart when I see stories like this or when people like @jamal9 have 0 regards for other peoples well being just because they are different.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Except you have the option to get married and live your so called halal life. Gay people don't get that option with Islam. Why do I have to be celibate the rest of my life but you're allowed to get married? If I don't believe in the religion you follow, it should not be able to dictate the way I live my life. So many Muslim people fail to see that. Could you imagine if in any of the western countries there was no separation of church and state and you were punished for things that are haram in their religion which you do not adhere to? It's absurd.

:browtf:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

People don't also "choose" to get addicted to heroin, I'd like to add. Like homosexuality, they choose to listen to the evil whisperings of jinns and destroy their life.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
I actually use to be really religious. Prayed 5 times a day, read the Quran was close too finishing it. Went to the Masjid and so on. My mothers has always loved me and treated well. Never been abused.

I knew I was gay from early age. I'm talking like age 6. Ignored it for a long time. All my friends were into girls and always talked about them. Even "dated" one in elementary...lol but I never felt any sort of sexual or emotional attraction when I looked at girls.

It sucks growing up knowing your family would disown you if they were to ever find out you were gay. It ruins the intimacy you're suppose to have with them. I have accepted it at this point in my life but I wish I could be honest with my mother...

Like you said why would anyone choose to go through the mental anguish of being gay in a conservative household/society. Who I fall in love with does not have any impact on anyone's life but my own. So it breaks my heart when I see stories like this or when people like @jamal9 have 0 regards for other peoples well being just because they are different.

If you were born and raised in Africa, you wouldn't be talking like this, I guarantee you. Wallahi, I blame Western media for corrupting an Allah-fearing soul like you. Get better soon, bro.

You have never felt any attraction to a woman, ever?
When did you learn what “gay” meant?
Do you plan to get married in the future?

Aaegal

If you were born and raised in Africa, you wouldn't be talking like this, I guarantee you. Wallahi, I blame Western media for corrupting an Allah-fearing soul like you. Get better soon, bro.

How did the media corrupt my soul? I liked boys years before I ever saw anyone gay on television.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Oh you know what the worst part of it is? I'm trying to reconnect with my Somali roots, I have even been thinking of ways to help progress Somalia but then I'm quickly reminded that there are a lot of people who would hate me just b

How did the media corrupt my soul? I liked boys years before I ever saw anyone gay on television.

Why don't you just suppress your desires, like those monks in Tibet who don't engage in any sort of sexual contact. That way you can go to Jannah and save your soul from Hellfire.

Aaegal

You have never felt any attraction to a woman, ever?
When did you learn what “gay” meant?
Do you plan to get married in the future?
Wallahi I have never been attracted to women. I have tried to find them sexually attractive but I feel nothing. I learned what being gay meant maybe when I was like 13-14? By that point I had already had crushes on the boys in my school but was still religious. If I were to fall madly in love with someone then sure I would like to get married. The unfortunate side is I would have to either cut ties with my family or hide my relationship. My mother is old school and I don't want to break her heart . Even though I don't agree with her views I still love her. I rather she leave the world in peace not worrying about my eternal damnation.

Aaegal

Why don't you just suppress your desires, like those monks in Tibet who don't engage in any sort of sexual contact. That way you can go to Jannah and save your soul from Hellfire.

I'm agnostic. The idea of a god obsessing over my love life doesn't sit right with me. There are far too many egregious things going on in the world for that to even matter.

I deserve to be happy and I deserve to fall in love and spend my life with someone. So no thank you to that idea.

I'm agnostic. The idea of a god obsessing over my love life doesn't sit right with me. There are far too many egregious things going on in the world for that to even matter.

I deserve to be happy and I deserve to fall in love and spend my life with someone. So no thank you to that idea.
How are gays going to reproduce? If everyone becomes khaniis what will happen the population.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

Were you raised in a <50% Somali environment?

Aaegal

Were you raised in a <50% Somali environment?
I grew up around a Somali/Arab community. I went to an Islamic school for a few years and after we moved went to a religious/ethnic mixed school. Mostly Chinese, Arab, Somali, White

Why leave an entire religion just because of the view on one thing
Your homosexuality is just one part of you
You obviously had something in Islam you liked since you were seemingly devout
But you’ve let your sexual desire overpower it
You can view your homosexuality as your biggest trial/fitnah
Resist it and be rewarded in Jannah

Keo

VIP
You guys are not helping with the stereotype that far-right white people put out about that even milquetoast moderate Muslims like Sharia Law.
Most of these far-right don't care about gays but they will use this to fit their narrative.

Aaegal

Why leave an entire religion just because of the view on one thing
Your homosexuality is just one part of you
You obviously had something in Islam you liked since you were seemingly devout
But you’ve let your sexual desire overpower it
You can view your homosexuality as your biggest trial/fitnah
Resist it and be rewarded in Jannah

Me being gay wasn't the only reason I no longer consider myself Muslim. There is a host of things I do not agree with. The concept of enteral damnation being number one on my list of reasons.

Around 78% of the world population is non-Muslim, of the percent that are Muslim how many of them do you think will go to heaven? That's billions of people who now end up in hell for eternity. What for? Most of our lives are spent sleeping, and trying to survive the day. There are little pockets of happiness for most of us who are fortunate enough to live in good countries but what about those unfortunate souls who barely make anything, who are born and die in poverty? All the wars throughout history, the natural disasters, the diseases, the injustice of it all.

In Islam, god can lead people astray or he can guide them. He can answer your prayers or ignore them. He can cause disasters upon a people. The concept of god putting his hand on a scale to help some and doom others is messed up.

The prophets. Some were fortunate enough to live among them and witness their 'miracles'. Why is it they were given proof of gods existence but we have to take it on faith.

If the goal is to live a good and moral life why must a believe in a specific god be the only way to be granted entry into heaven? Morality doesn't come from religion.

Aaegal

@911 you seem like a great person. Thanks for the understanding and questions instead of just outright bashing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.