Breaking news: SOMALILAND TO GRANT MILITARY BASE IN BERBERA TO EGYPT!

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
How can we still help each other when somaliland hates reer somalia and discriminates migrants from Somalia? If somaliland becomes independent they will be like Eritrea vs Ethiopia perpetual war between archenemies.
But Ethiopia and Eritrea are very ethnically diverse countries. I personally think if Somalia and Somaliland were to officially split they’d be much closer than that for the simple reason we’re all Somali.

But Ethiopia and Eritrea are very ethnically diverse countries. I personally think if Somalia and Somaliland were to officially split they’d be much closer than that for the simple reason we’re all Somali.
I think even Puntland should be given a seat on the U.N. The Somali republic is a colonial project built by outsiders and not Somalis.

Som

VIP
The tigray people live in both ethiopia and Eritrea. Memes Zenawi was tigrigna speaking like Afawerki but the countries still hated each other. Actually peace between Ethiopia and Eritrea came only when the TPLF lost power and the oromo Abiy Ahmed became prime minister. This only proves what I was saying

Som

VIP
I think even Puntland should be given a seat on the U.N. The Somali republic is a colonial project built by outsiders and not Somalis.
It's litteraly the opposite. When somaliland and Somalia united to form the somali republic our country was the first in Africa to openly reject colonial borders to form a unitary state for all somalis. Somalia also tried to annex Ogaden and campaigned for Djibouti independence which shows that our country was committed to somali unity and rejected arbitrary colonial boundaries to divide our people

The Somali Caesar

VIP
It's litteraly the opposite. When somaliland and Somalia united to form the somali republic our country was the first in Africa to openly reject colonial borders to form a unitary state for all somalis. Somalia also tried to annex Ogaden and campaigned for Djibouti independence which shows that our country was committed to somali unity and rejected arbitrary colonial boundaries to divide our people
The civil war permanently crushed the greater Somalia dream. We all need to accept that.

Last edited:

Som

VIP
The civil war permanently crushed the greater Somalia dream. We all need to accept that.
I'll never accept colonial borders. Even if SL gets independence I would consider all of somaliweyn as my homeland since my ethnicity is somali.
If SL separates fine, but this tit fro that attitude will undermine future relations with somalia. If we are going to be separate countries we should at least have good relations, ther are millions of Somalis who have roots all over somaliweyn.

Som

VIP
i agree we should put greater somalia on the shelf for the time being and focus on establishing peace and moving forward
When SL rejects innocent somali refugees it shows that they want more conflict. How can we trust SL when their leaders are rejecting innocent muslim somalis for political reasons? This is the recipe for a long hostility between SL and Somalia

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
When SL rejects innocent somali refugees it shows that they want more conflict. How can we trust SL when their leaders are rejecting innocent muslim somalis for political reasons? This is the recipe for a long hostility between SL and Somalia
in politics humanity has no place unless it serves to further ur own goals this fucked but it is what it is

The Somali Caesar

VIP
The root of the hostility is Somalia not wanting to let go of Somaliland. I think the longer this goes on the hostility will increase by both sides.

How did that work out? Are Somalis better off today or 1960? Who or what is keeping Somalis from thriving?

in politics humanity has no place unless it serves to further ur own goals this fucked but it is what it is
Then we as a people should work on establishing a system of justice. What is justice? Guarantee that no person is mistreated and a guarantee that the person who needs help the most, gets the most constructive help.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Then we as a people should work on establishing a system of justice. What is justice? Guarantee that no person is mistreated and a guarantee that the person who needs help the most, gets the most constructive help.
i agree however we as people don't really regard each other as fellow people but as members of a qabil hence if we cant see each other as equals than justice doesn't really mean shit

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent
How is somalia siding with Ethiopia? The Nile river flows through Somalia to the shabelle they have the power to control how much water we get which isn't good. Somalia should alley with Egypt in this one.

because firstly Somalis from Somalia are completely retarded and 2nd Somalia is actually an Ethiopian colony. Since the 80s when Abdullahi Yusuf was pledging his loyalty to habeshi for assistance fighting Siad Barre. Again in 06 Abdullahi Yusuf/ Ethiopia invading Mogadishu. Marehans pledging their loyalty for assistance with controlling Kismayo. Failmaajo being Abiy Ahmed boyfriend. Ethiopia having thousands of non amisom troops inside Somalia. Somalia is a damn Ethiopian colony

These idiots want to be Ethiopians so bad. A certain clan has a major Ethiopian fetish and that needs to be addressed

i agree however we as people don't really regard each other as fellow people but as members of a qabil hence if we cant see each other as equals than justice doesn't really mean shit
If that is the case then we should not lie to ourselves and tell the truth to the outside world. We are made up of clans that cannot produce justice between ourselves so please help us find the best solution that would produce peace for our people.

Trending

Latest posts