Breaking news: SOMALILAND TO GRANT MILITARY BASE IN BERBERA TO EGYPT!

Ethiopia and Somaliland have a long term friendships in so many fields and I really don't think Somaliland would allow Egypt military base. This is all sessional news but when it comes to actually allowing Egyptian base near Ethiopia, I highly doubt any neighbouring country would do so unless of course it wants to declare war on Ethiopia. A neighbouring country that allows Egyptian military base is seen by Ethiopia as a declaration of war and I am very sure Ethiopian army would do something about it even before Egyptian army arrives. Luckily though, all of Ethiopia's neighbours are friendly countries. We have no hostile or enemy neighbours and I am very sure Egypt will go empty. This is a last desperate attempt by Egypt.

It is though mind-boggling for me why Egypt never tries to be a friend of Ethiopia. It instead tries only the negative path. Somebody tell Egypt, it will benefit way more if it tries the friendly path for once. Otherwise, it only loses and never gains anything. Egyptians always accuse Ethiopia of close ties with Israel but they never try to have such ties. Egyptian mind is something else, it is full of conspiracy crap. :ftw9nwa:

Countries can choose to support or not support any countries they want. Somaliland allowing Egypt to build a base in their territory is not a pretense for war lmao.

Ethiopia is a poor african country, you are talking like they are russia lmao, with the ability to just terrorize neighbouring countries:mjlol:

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Somaliland can NEVER break up with her longtime boyfriend Ethiopia. The Habashas are what's keeping this fragile fruitless enclave together. They wouldn't DARE. Impossible.

Good I wanna see the downfall of Ethiopia, but also I don't want a war or a civil war yet because it will mess up Somalia beyond recovery. Ethiopia is literally gog and magog compared to Somalis. 100 million vs barely 30 million. We too weak to secure or Somali region and secure the border. A war and a civil war should never happen anytime soon.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
How is somalia siding with Ethiopia? The Nile river flows through Somalia to the shabelle they have the power to control how much water we get which isn't good. Somalia should alley with Egypt in this one.

Last edited:
Countries can choose to support or not support any countries they want. Somaliland allowing Egypt to build a base in their territory is not a pretense for war lmao.

Ethiopia is a poor african country, you are talking like they are russia lmao, with the ability to just terrorize neighbouring countries:mjlol:

Well, any country can choose and support any country but it should never expect to live in peace while declaring war on Ethiopia. That is not just supporting any country but posing a serious threat to Ethiopia and honestly stupid af :ftw9nwa:. Why do you think Egypt wants a military base near Ethiopia? To expand its trade? :ftw9nwa: Give me a break. It is exactly because it wants to pose a serious threat. Do you seriously expect Ethiopia to just seat idle and watch while it is being threatened long term by Egypt from its neighbouring country? If you think so then you have no clue about how geopolitics works and need to go to school :ftw9nwa:. You can't declare war and threaten your neighbour in the name of "we are independent country and can do whatever we want" crap. Are you crazy?

Any neighbouring country that hosts a military base and by that declares war on Ethiopia must also be ready that Ethiopia will pose a serious threat to its existence. That is not an if but it will be executed even before the threat becomes reality. Why do you guys want to declare war on Ethiopia while we had so many relations and cooperations in so many sectors for decades? If you guys think you can go away with it while even the bigger countries like Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Djibouti, Eritrea etc. refused to do so, then I can't help the stupidity but warn you also to be ready for a war that will start even before the Egyptians arrive.

This is mind-boggling and crazy. How can a neighbouring country thinks it can threaten Ethiopia and live in peace? What are you smoking? Believe me, Ethiopia will make sure this country will never live in peace until it stops threatening Ethiopia, that is a no brainer. Even for smaller threats, our Army is known for constantly crossing borders into Sudan and Kenya and I am very sure for such a bigger threat, it will never seat and watch idle. My advise is, cooperate with Egypt in whatever field you want but never threaten and declare war on Ethiopia. Be smart like our other neighbours. "We are independent and can do whatever we want" doesn't apply here. This is a declaration of war nothing else.

VIP
This is highly unlikely to ever materialize but I like SLs new aggressive approach. Throw anything against the wall and see if it sticks :mjdontkno:

According to some reputable sources @musebiihi stated that Egypt can only build a military base if these conditions are met:

• They must recognise Somaliland and push for other countries especially the Arab states to aswell
• They must pay Somaliland $100M annually
• They must train 15,000 Somaliland troops.
• They must always remain a strong ally of Somaliland and stand beside it on all matters.

Only once those conditions are agreed upon will the base be built.

Even if that 100m annually i doubt it would be used to put back into the economy or build infrastructure .. most of it will disappear sxb

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Horta stop @ me if you dont know the fucking specifics of the Berbera port deal. I have to correct you all the time nigga. Go read up before you write your fake news posts nacas ka tahay wase :pacspit:
You mention it, so you have to explain, if it was true of-course :win: .

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
What will happen in case war breaks out between the two nations? Ethiopia would turn hostile against SL.

@Lordilord your take?
A war breaking out would be an extremely bad situation, Ethiopia could literally annex parts of Somaliland if they wanted.

I am personally not sure if it is in the best interest of Somaliland to let Egypt build a military base. Ethiopia can serve as a good trading partner.

Recognition from the west serves us better because with Ethiopia there's just to much conflict of interest.

Last edited:

Som

VIP

Results of the Egyptian delegation who visited Hargeisa yesterday. This is good news, and quite strategic one from Egyptian point of view aswell. They are about to go to war with Ethiopia, and Xarmaajo and Abyi Ahmed are boyfriends. :drakekidding:
Somaliland does stuff only to harm or go against somalia, they don't even care about how it's going go benefit their country. If separatists lander had a rational leader who cared about SL they would stay neutral, this shit won't bring any ictiraaf for SL but only more problems
This is a ridiculous way to do foreign policy

Som

VIP
Somalis are obsessed with the word “mindnimo” we can still help eachother and be there for eachother as separate countries. But these people are obsessed with midnimo.
How can we still help each other when somaliland hates reer somalia and discriminates migrants from Somalia? If somaliland becomes independent they will be like Eritrea vs Ethiopia perpetual war between archenemies.

Trending