BREAKING NEWS: Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and (possibly) UAE cut all diplomatic ties with Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does Somalia even have to pick a side? :cosbyhmm:
just stay quite and let the Ayrabs sort it out between them. it's not like us picking a side will make any difference

We were forced to choose a side in the first gulf war and recently with SA vs Iran. This is looking like the 90s again When Barre chose Saudi and lost funding from Qatar. They want us only for "show of support".

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
We were forced to choose a side in the first gulf war and recently with SA vs Iran. This is looking like the 90s again When Barre chose Saudi and lost funding from Qatar. They want us only for "show of support".
Other than some short term gains, Saudi Arabia offers nothing to Somalia.

They made us cut our ties with the Soviet Union, promising to replace everything if we allied ourselves with the US. We trusted them, and they betrayed us.

Why would Somalia's support even matter to them? What will they gain from Somali support?

so either way we lose:bell:

we rely too much on these damn Arabs, their conflicts are our conflict :snoop:

Wait, so he thinks Qatar-Turkey are the axis of evil because of somaliland?

UAE is linked with the Berbera port and SL may hold a grudge against Turkey because they view them as biased negotiators in favour of Somalia. They didn't kick out any Gulen linked facilities to spite Turkey. I don't know/understand his beef with Qatar unless he views them as his enemy for funding Somalia?

Last edited:
Us choosing side would make no difference at all and i don't understand why we would this has nothing to do with us cuz we're not one of them hairy people mind our own business waryaada. This will be interesting to follow tho

Why would Somalia's support even matter to them? What will they gain from Somali support?

Strength in numbers in the diplomacy arena. I mean look at what happen tonight, the shock value of all these nations going against Qatar. That's all there is to it

Those hairy sand don't get involved in our HOA disputes, so why should we get involved in their Bedouin fights.

Qatar fund the Ikhwan shit. A very dangerous ideology even in Somaliland. Many folks who subscribe to it are secret unionists like Xirsi Gaab.

I support the crackdown on the Muslim brotherhood cult.

The Qataris and Saudis are both funders of extremist groups. Like Al-Nusra in Syria or Hamas in Gaza . The UAE on the other hand is very anti-islamist the most of any Muslim nation I would say along with Egypt.

If both Qataris and Saudis are funders of extremist groups, why are you supporting the Saudis over the Qataris?

If both Qataris and Saudis are funders of extremist groups, why are you supporting the Saudis over the Qataris?

I'm not. The Saudi just happen to align with the UAE in this matter who I support.

For example in Yemen they are at odds with the UAE's heavy support to the South Yemen secession movement.

Other than some short term gains, Saudi Arabia offers nothing to Somalia.

They made us cut our ties with the Soviet Union, promising to replace everything if we allied ourselves with the US. We trusted them, and they betrayed us.

Inshallah Farmaajo's position from the tweet you posted in this thread didn't change during this ongoing rift inside the GCC.

Saudi's postion will default to what UAE stands and we know those guys are: They are backing Kenya over us in the sea dispute.

One block is arming us/ working out a peace deal while the other is fracturing the country and siding with regional enemies for their own gain. Choosing the same block again is strike 3 for us

Us choosing side would make no difference at all and i don't understand why we would this has nothing to do with us cuz we're not one of them hairy people mind our own business waryaada. This will be interesting to follow tho
quite simple we are to connected totem political and economically almost 80% of our exports go the gulf and we get large amounts of import from them and also money from them for the government so what ever effects them effects us we just got to stay low and neutral nothing else we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending