BREAKING NEWS: Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and (possibly) UAE cut all diplomatic ties with Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAE up north, Qatar/Turkey down south, u can't make this shit up. I won't be surprised if UAE arm's Somaliland to the teeth and tells the ictiraafiis " hey go fight koonfur ur enemy who massacred u back in the old regime and we'll recognize u and make u rich like us.":mjlol:

Didn't UAE also buy the bosasso port if I'm not mistaken? Watch UAE arm Puntland and Somaliland to the teeth with both of them going at each other to settle old scores instead of attacking the Qatari konfuur. Everything was going very smooth for us until this shitshow started.

Remember UAE has something nefarious up their sleeves. They were flinging shit on Qatar's image to influence Trump

Qatar depends on KSA for food imports. Somalia should convince Qatar to invest in our agricultural industries for steady food supplies. At the same time reaffirming Saudi that they're still allies and taking whatever help they can. Staying balanced and not taking any sides is in our best interests atm

I think I see what you are saying; if Somalia doesn't act now against UAE/Saudi, those nations will become too powerful to fail and perhaps reach a point where they will not even need Somalia's input anymore. And to prevent them from reaching that status (which is not good for Somalia's national interest), it would be better to stick with Turkey/Qatar...?
If Somalia does choose to side with Qatar on this one, that will be a huge move. We shouldn't undermine the significance of short term recovery though...there is no achieving long term national interests if the immediate issues aren't addressed first and foremost.
The only way I see it working out okay is if Turkey manages to shield Somalia from the inevitable fallout or if Qatar reimbursed any losses that Somalia will likely get from the Saudis.
If it comes down to a vote and Somalia goes pro-Qatar, I don't see KSA taking that lightly tbh...they are convinced that they pull all the strings...they will def see it as a slap in the face and retaliate.
All in all, it's a risk to side with Qatar-- an ambitious risk-- but if Qatar is successful...the pay off will be well worth it (provided Qatar and Turkey acknowledge Somalia's sacrifice and remain loyal to Somalia).

honestly, that's the best case scenario for us. Somalia host the largest Turkish base in the continent which is essential to our national security plan. I believe it's already a given we would choose whomever turkey chooses and obviously that's Qatar with Turkey already having a base over there.

It's an open secret which Nation backed Farmaajo's presidential campaign ( Qatar), I don't see how farmaajo will turn his back on those who gave him the presidential chair. The real worry will be what will happen between the FGS and the federal states, UAE gobbled up two major ports in the country and is making a move on Kismaayo. How UAE wields their influence in the nation will be the story to watch the next few years. The proxy war between Qatar/UAE will get nasty in Somalia, Libya, Yemen etc.

KSA: cut ties with Iran
Djibouti: Okay daddy :*
Sudan: Okay daddy xx

KSA: cut ties with Qatar
Egypt: Okay daddy <3
Sudan: :jcoleno:

They closed off their airspace to Qatar meaning Qatar Airways has to make long detours. Big money is going to be lost.

I wonder how long until Qatar capitulates?

Regardless anything that weakens the Qatari-Turkish axis of evil is good in my book.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
They closed off their airspace to Qatar meaning Qatar Airways has to make long detours. Big money is going to be lost.

Regardless anything that weakens the Qatari-Turkish axis of evil is good in my book.
Let me guess...

Sisi and Israel are part of the axis of good? :drakelaugh:

As opposed to the KSA-UAE axis of evil?

why does Somalia even have to pick a side? :cosbyhmm:
just stay quite and let the Ayrabs sort it out between them. it's not like us picking a side will make any difference

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Like @gurey said, Qatar was behind the horrific Somaoil deal and funds all these "religious" parties in Somalia, but we could damage our relationship with Turkey.

The Saudis just offered us $4 billion, but they're allied with UAE who seem to be intent on undermining the SFG.

Shits fucked tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending