Borders of Somaliwayn Expanded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we encourage Cushite settlers to settle in bantu lands or should we just transform the bantu lands into colonies that will have some autonomy, but they'll each have a Somali military-governor who will be the representative of the Somali president?
:siilaanyolaugh:

We really should be doing PR for Somalis with the Southern Cushites like Iraqws and other groups like Borana, Beja, Afar etc. We could promise them fairer representation and a economic progress in exchange for loyalty and their lands/resources. The Swahili coastal people are already sympathetic a to us. We should exploit pan-cushiticism as much as possible. Especially as many of these groups don't even like Bantus and xabashis in the first place. Promote Cushitic Lebensraum or "Deegaan".:mjlol:

Sorry to rain on your parade but this expanding does not mean anything on the ground. Simply there is ethnic cleansing that is going on Somalis.

So amidst all the doom and gloom I stumbled across something that I almost couldn't believe at first. Can you believe the Ogaadeen of north-eastern Kenya are conquering new lands? Historically the Tana river formed the border between the Somali North East and the Bantu interior in Kenya. In fact it was the British in the late 1800's who made sure that the expansionist clans of the Ogaadeen and Mareexaan did not continue their wars of conquest beyond the Tana river. Well apparently just within the last few years the Ogaadeens have moved far beyond Gaarisa and the Tana river and have been grazing their camels in Kamba (Bantu ethnic group) territory deep inside Kitui county.

camel-pic.jpg

A Somali herder with his camels in Kathungu, Mwingi East, Kitui County on Friday March 4, 2016. The animals invaded farms in Ukasi causing massive destruction of crops. PHOTO | BENEDICT MUTUKU | NATION MEDIA GROUP

Kathungu is literally just outside of Nairobi, no more than just over 100 KM away. :ohhh:
View attachment 19727
This literally made my day. The nomadic expansion of the Somalis is still underway and the borders of Somaliwayn are being redrawn as we speak. Let us pay homage to the warrior Ogaadeen clan of the frontier. :wow:
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/03/09/mp-wants-nkaissery-to-drive-out-herders_c1308816

The news @jugjugwacwac @Prince Abubu @Bahal @SOMALI GENERAL

I was always told that the Isaaqs are part of Xiniftire Maha Dir family alongside with other southern dir clans, only to be told by isaaq guy that they are Qureysh. I dont who to trust anymore.

On other side, this is great news. We should all unite under one greater nation, where everyone gets a fair share. May allah bless the great race of somalis:salute:

What you were told initially is correct, so go with that. And aamiin to your dua, because we really need those blessings right now.

Truly amazing sxb. I admit nomadism does have it's benefits, like for instance it has enabled us to conquer so much territory even though we're a relatively small ethnicity....
:banderas::wow:
Salute to our Geeljire warriors for expanding the Somali realm & i pray one day we'll reach the Cape. Although, we need to consolidate the current territory we have & not spread ourselves too thin. Soon the Army will take on the role of the geeljire to expand our realm god wiling.
:salute::win:

I hope to live long enough to see this. A Somali lebensraum is our manifest destiny.

So amidst all the doom and gloom I stumbled across something that I almost couldn't believe at first. Can you believe the Ogaadeen of north-eastern Kenya are conquering new lands? Historically the Tana river formed the border between the Somali North East and the Bantu interior in Kenya. In fact it was the British in the late 1800's who made sure that the expansionist clans of the Ogaadeen and Mareexaan did not continue their wars of conquest beyond the Tana river. Well apparently just within the last few years the Ogaadeens have moved far beyond Gaarisa and the Tana river and have been grazing their camels in Kamba (Bantu ethnic group) territory deep inside Kitui county.

camel-pic.jpg

A Somali herder with his camels in Kathungu, Mwingi East, Kitui County on Friday March 4, 2016. The animals invaded farms in Ukasi causing massive destruction of crops. PHOTO | BENEDICT MUTUKU | NATION MEDIA GROUP

Kathungu is literally just outside of Nairobi, no more than just over 100 KM away. :ohhh:
View attachment 19727
This literally made my day. The nomadic expansion of the Somalis is still underway and the borders of Somaliwayn are being redrawn as we speak. Let us pay homage to the warrior Ogaadeen clan of the frontier. :wow:
This is wrong west of the River is left over of the oromos who used to live in lower jubba and north eastern Kenya
kenya_ethnic_1974.jpg

Why didn't you mention the Dir expansion into the Awash Valley and into Metehara which is literally a few miles away from Addis Ababa? Issa and Gadabursi will soon be taking over everything between Addis Ababa and Diri Dhaba very soon. The Northern part of Metehara is now considered Dir territory.
:sass2::sass1:

proxy.gif

rup85_Ek.png

The Ciise is a noble and warrior Somali clan who have also greatly expanded the Somali territories through war and conquest. I salute the Ciise and all clans who live on the frontiers, who serve as the buffer against the Afar, the Oromo hordes and the Bantu expansion.

I thought that was made up. :cosbyhmm:

Well there's no doubt that the majority of Somalis have the same ancestor. So even if his name wasn't actually Samaale, I think it's fine to call him by this name since it's indigenous and also represents the common ancestry of the Somali people. Even the Digil and Mirifle people who are Sab share a common ancestry with the Samaale clans when u go far back enough, making us one homogeneous ethnic group.

This is wrong west of the River is left over of the oromos who used to live in lower jubba and north eastern Kenya
kenya_ethnic_1974.jpg

The Somali geeljires have moved even beyond the Galla (Oromo) territory and have gone deep into Kamba territory in Kitui county, just outside of Nairobi.

Sorry to rain on your parade but this expanding does not mean anything on the ground. Simply there is ethnic cleansing that is going on Somalis.

Your not raining on the parade, ur just lacking a bit of context. Those Somalis by lake Tana had their huts burned and their camels killed by Kenyan security forces precisely because they were expanding far beyond the Tana River. So the angry Bantus utilized the governmental security apparatus to exact revenge on the Somali pioneers on the frontier.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The southern expansion of the the Ogaden increased the land area of Somaliweyn by almost 30% in under 50 years. The expansion slowed down significantly due to the British establishing the Galla-Somali line. The forays into Ukambani happen sporadically, what is probably more interesting is the permanent settlement of Tana River and Lamu counties. Even into Isiolo by way of Garbatulla.

The Marehan and Ogaden, the Ciise, the Degodiye and the Garre have almost doubled Somaliweyn in under 200 years. Truly inspiring clans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts