Borders of Somaliwayn Expanded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5ZLnO.jpg

This population estimate done by the British during the colonial period, most likely a couple of decades after the turn of the 20th century, has us at 2,530,000. So I think it's safe to say that your estimate of around 2 million at the turn of the century is pretty accurate. So yes, it's truly remarkable how such a small ethnic group managed to conquer the second largest contiguous landmass of any ethnic group in Africa. Also, ur right about us going much deeper into Africa if the Europeans hadn't entered the picture.

Edit: I just realized this population estimate says 'Somali Republic', which means it was done 1960 or just after. This means that at the turn of the century ur lower population estimate of 1.5 million would be a more likely estimate.
Since when was Darood part of samaale? I thought it was just hawiye and dir.

Since when was Darood part of samaale? I thought it was just hawiye and dir.

Because before all this Arab partiarch bullshit started to take off Somalis were either Sab or Samaale. Daarood stopped claiming Samaale in favor of an Arab ancestry, same with the Isaaq, who stopped claiming Dir, which is a subclan of Irir Samaale.

We should reconquer all of Kenya Tanzania and Uganda. It is our historical land. The Bantu people migrated and kicked us out.

A lot of Somalis denigrate and look down upon our nomadic way of life, but they don't realize it's what made us the ethnic group with the second largest contiguous landmass in Africa, right after the Fulani, who also happen to be nomadic.

But you have to admit, nomadism in 21st century is unsustainable. If we engaged in agro-forestry, fishing and farming, we'd be in a much better position economically today. The reason nomads have to keep expanding and moving is due to the lifestyle being susbsistance.

So amidst all the doom and gloom I stumbled across something that I almost couldn't believe at first. Can you believe the Ogaadeen of north-eastern Kenya are conquering new lands? Historically the Tana river formed the border between the Somali North East and the Bantu interior in Kenya. In fact it was the British in the late 1800's who made sure that the expansionist clans of the Ogaadeen and Mareexaan did not continue their wars of conquest beyond the Tana river. Well apparently just within the last few years the Ogaadeens have moved far beyond Gaarisa and the Tana river and have been grazing their camels in Kamba (Bantu ethnic group) territory deep inside Kitui county.

camel-pic.jpg

A Somali herder with his camels in Kathungu, Mwingi East, Kitui County on Friday March 4, 2016. The animals invaded farms in Ukasi causing massive destruction of crops. PHOTO | BENEDICT MUTUKU | NATION MEDIA GROUP

Kathungu is literally just outside of Nairobi, no more than just over 100 KM away. :ohhh:
View attachment 19727
This literally made my day. The nomadic expansion of the Somalis is still underway and the borders of Somaliwayn are being redrawn as we speak. Let us pay homage to the warrior Ogaadeen clan of the frontier. :wow:

Those crops can feed them though :mjlol:
They let the camels loose on them :bell:
Why not establish a dual pastoral-agricultural lifestyle ?:damedamn:
God bless the savages :salute:

But you have to admit, nomadism in 21st century is unsustainable. If we engaged in agro-forestry, fishing and farming, we'd be in a much better position economically today. The reason nomads have to keep expanding and moving is due to the lifestyle being susbsistance.

Yeah I agree with you.

Because before all this Arab partiarch bullshit started to take off Somalis were either Sab or Samaale. Daarood stopped claiming Samaale in favor of an Arab ancestry, same with the Isaaq, who stopped claiming Dir, which is a subclan of Irir Samaale.
Somali clan tales are confusing .the other day I read even the somali ancestral figure ,the son of hill ,sam ale, is traced back to Ali ibn tali-b by the dir n haywire .
#Ramadan
#muslamic cushitic alt right
#Allahu akbar

I think we should consolidate our territories and turn to agriculture and fishing. We should let a few nomadic clans continue to expand like Ciise and Ogaden, while the rest of us learn to use the land that we already have more efficiently.

Sounds like a plan to me, but where's the maskax? I think we need a Somali eugenics program.

I was always told that the Isaaqs are part of Xiniftire Maha Dir family alongside with other southern dir clans, only to be told by isaaq guy that they are Qureysh. I dont who to trust anymore.

On other side, this is great news. We should all unite under one greater nation, where everyone gets a fair share. May allah bless the great race of somalis:salute:

I was always told that the Isaaqs are part of Xiniftire Maha Dir family alongside with other southern dir clans, only to be told by isaaq guy that they are Qureysh. I dont who to trust anymore.

On other side, this is great news. We should all unite under one greater nation, where everyone gets a fair share. May allah bless the great race of somalis:salute:
Ahh I have a friend who was biimal and he said the same thing to me. Are you dir? What's your subclan?

Truly amazing sxb. I admit nomadism does have it's benefits, like for instance it has enabled us to conquer so much territory even though we're a relatively small ethnicity....
:banderas::wow:
Salute to our Geeljire warriors for expanding the Somali realm & i pray one day we'll reach the Cape. Although, we need to consolidate the current territory we have & not spread ourselves too thin. Soon the Army will take on the role of the geeljire to expand our realm god wiling.
:salute::win:

Last edited:
Why didn't you mention the Dir expansion into the Awash Valley and into Metehara which is literally a few miles away from Addis Ababa? Issa and Gadabursi will soon be taking over everything between Addis Ababa and Diri Dhaba very soon. The Northern part of Metehara is now considered Dir territory.
:sass2::sass1:

proxy.gif

rup85_Ek.png

Gambar

VIP
I thought that was made up. :cosbyhmm:

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Somali should take over the african rift valley that should be the border from Djibouti tadjourah to Mozambique Maputo

Status
Not open for further replies.