Borders of Somaliwayn Expanded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So amidst all the doom and gloom I stumbled across something that I almost couldn't believe at first. Can you believe the Ogaadeen of north-eastern Kenya are conquering new lands? Historically the Tana river formed the border between the Somali North East and the Bantu interior in Kenya. In fact it was the British in the late 1800's who made sure that the expansionist clans of the Ogaadeen and Mareexaan did not continue their wars of conquest beyond the Tana river. Well apparently just within the last few years the Ogaadeens have moved far beyond Gaarisa and the Tana river and have been grazing their camels in Kamba (Bantu ethnic group) territory deep inside Kitui county.

camel-pic.jpg

A Somali herder with his camels in Kathungu, Mwingi East, Kitui County on Friday March 4, 2016. The animals invaded farms in Ukasi causing massive destruction of crops. PHOTO | BENEDICT MUTUKU | NATION MEDIA GROUP

Kathungu is literally just outside of Nairobi, no more than just over 100 KM away. :ohhh:
kath.png

This literally made my day. The nomadic expansion of the Somalis is still underway and the borders of Somaliwayn are being redrawn as we speak. Let us pay homage to the warrior Ogaadeen clan of the frontier. :wow:

Last edited:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
:rejoice:

Truly amazing. It is only befitting that we should reconquer what is rightfully Cushitic land from the Bantu untermensch and their British overlords.

One day we will stretch from the Indian to the Atlantic

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
As long as we are nomads we will continue to expand and create new frontiers :salute:

As long as we are nomads we will continue to expand and create new frontiers :salute:

A lot of Somalis denigrate and look down upon our nomadic way of life, but they don't realize it's what made us the ethnic group with the second largest contiguous landmass in Africa, right after the Fulani, who also happen to be nomadic.

Last edited:
Makes me proud that we weren't just agricultural farmers, but pastoralists and traders otherwise we would never have been landheer.

Inshallah we will see a cushitic resurgence

:salute:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Makes me proud that we weren't just agricultural farmers, but pastoralists and traders otherwise we would never have been landheer.

Historically farmers can never withstand warlike nomads who've mastered the art of mobile warfare for centuries and with absolutely nothing to lose :icon lol:

Imagine ten thousand mounted Somali nomads suddenly materializing out of thin air on the outskirts of a Bantu settlement :icon lol:

Exactly sxb. If we were all farmers we'd have a densley populated territory probably no bigger than Mudug. Alxamdulillah for our nomadic heritage. But now it seems it's no longer sustainable. I'm okay with moving on to farming, fishing and industrialization because our nomadic forefathers have already conquered plenty of land for us. Now it's time to move beyond just conquering and move towards nation/civilization building.

Last edited:
Historically farmers can never withstand warlike nomads who've mastered the art of mobile warfare for centuries and with absolutely nothing to lose :icon lol:

Imagine ten thousand mounted Somali nomads suddenly materializing out of thin air on the outskirts of a Bantu settlement :icon lol:

Yeah, it was a similar situation during the ancient times in Assyria and Mesopotamia, when the steppe peopled would periodically raid their lands and conquer the settlers. They were feared from the time of the ancients till mechanised warfare was able to catch up with their tactics.

Yeah, it was a similar situation during the ancient times in Assyria and Mesopotamia, when the steppe peopled would periodically raid their lands and conquer the settlers. They were feared from the time of the ancients till mechanised warfare was able to catch up with their tactics.

There's no doubt that the nomadic Turks and Mongols of the Steppe have some of the most impressive war history.

Don't spread to thin or the Oromos will take over Somali region. I hear they garaac Somalis they border or whose villages they took over who refuse to claim Oromo identity.

:cosbyhmm:

Yeah our Oromo cousins are a pain in the ass sxb. Our border with them continues deep into Kenya, where we border the Borana and the Warday (Orma) Oromos. Waa niman meel kasta ina daba socda oo Illaahay inagu saliday lol.

Last edited:

Truly amazing. It is only befitting that we should reconquer what is rightfully Cushitic land from the Bantu untermensch and their British overlords.

One day we will stretch from the Indian to the Atlantic

About fucking time I hear something good!!!
HitlerPencilThrowGIF.gif

Last edited:
Good news just what I like to hear!:denzelnigga:

@jugjugwacwac is it true that the total Somali population (in all regions) in the turn of the 20th century was between 1.5-2 million?

If so, it's even more remarkable how a tiny langaab people consolidated so much land (incl fertile lands of the Shabelle, Jubba, and Tana rivers) relative to their population size.

I'm sure that if our population back then was just as large as the infamous turkic nomads of the Eurasian steppe, we would have reached present day South Africa.:denzelnigga:(that is if the Europeans never arrived to hold us back!)

Good news just what I like to hear!:denzelnigga:

@jugjugwacwac is it true that the total Somali population (in all regions) in the turn of the 20th century was between 1.5-2 million?

If so, it's even more remarkable how a tiny langaab people consolidated so much land (incl fertile lands of the Shabelle, Jubba, and Tana rivers) relative to their population size.

I'm sure that if our population back then was just as large as the infamous turkic nomads of the Eurasian steppe, we would have reached present day South Africa.:denzelnigga:(that is if the Europeans never arrived to hold us back!)

5ZLnO.jpg

This population estimate done by the British during the colonial period, most likely a couple of decades after the turn of the 20th century, has us at 2,530,000. So I think it's safe to say that your estimate of around 2 million at the turn of the century is pretty accurate. So yes, it's truly remarkable how such a small ethnic group managed to conquer the second largest contiguous landmass of any ethnic group in Africa. Also, ur right about us going much deeper into Africa if the Europeans hadn't entered the picture.

Edit: I just realized this population estimate says 'Somali Republic', which means it was done 1960 or just after. This means that at the turn of the century ur lower population estimate of 1.5 million would be a more likely estimate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending