Black Youtubers discuss Somali racial identity issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
how did you possibly manage to twist what i said? having these common features doesnt mean theyre the same race or related or whatever, it merely shows that evolution favored these traits there
so? Somali is not a very individualized culture at all especially since it’s all tribalis. Wallah wallah
I knew you’d say that, but it’s different. Which kinship is stronger? People who have the same blood as you, look the same, talk the same, have the same religion, same culture, and same language. Or 1 billion people who have the same skin colour as you but look completely different, talk completely different, have a different language, have a different culture, have a different religion. Next time I’d appreciate it if you’d respond to the whole thing instead of taking out one tiny excerpt from my post and responding only to that. Just because I don’t identify myself as black doesn’t mean I hate the people who do, I don’t even care if another Somali does. All I know is that I can only control what I do and how I identify myself. Which is not a colour.

and @Nomadite I wasn’t talking to you tf. I quoted @King Khufu Why would you think I was talking to you?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
That's just the right thing to do period
:manny: Nothing wrong with that
You literally just did what I kindly asked you not to do....
And you quoted two sentences, which one are you agreeing with?

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
You literally just did what I kindly asked you not to do....
And you quoted two sentences, which one are you agreeing with?

No I quoted you with a running sentence that interlinked the subject of your individuality over identity.

I Am Agreeing to that statement as a person as that should be the way it is but never forget we are Somaliis foremost first! Okay?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
No I quoted you with a running sentence that interlinked the subject of your individuality over identity.

I Am Agreeing to that statement as a person as that should be the way it is but never forget we are Somaliis foremost first! Okay?
That answered nothing. Sometimes simpler speech is easier to get your point across. I’ll reiterate my point and then try and give your response is simpler speech so I can understand, ok?

I refuse to call myself black because identifying myself with a colour, that was picked by white europeans to talk about all africans makes no sense to me. Especially since I feel little to no kinship with other africans and caribbeans; despite this, I will not hate on anyone who calls themselves black —not even the Somalis— because I understand they have the right to decide what they want to call themselves. Out of convenience sake when I’m outside I’ll call myself black because I don’t want to explain this to every single person that hears it, or sound like a coon who is afraid of being african.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
@BoqorkaChess

Call it what you will, it is good you are smart to have your own identity.
Europeans have labeled us all under one cluster and then divided us when we reached several attempts at unification. You right in the sense their sense of our identity is none of their business.
So that's why I've had said, it's good for all of us to form our own individual identity strongly.
No arguments there as actually in the name of good fortune you are on to something that will potentially keep good people sake. I appreciate the supportive feed back.

Simply put alot okay is this:

Be who you are and be happy with how you define your own life.
Just don't forget culture is more of a idea of belonging from regional differences.
As sort of "back bone" to give you "some guts" during doubt if you will.

No matter how you define it though if you are from the Horn of Africa that makes us all Horners.

So if you don't feel like a black american that's okay nobody asked the family to be immigrants to another land and take on their cultural values.
Just most do so to adapt and create comfortable cash and living since the upper hand was there to do as so as of the time called for it.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I mean you can self-identify as whatever you like. :ohno: Freedom of choice. What the majority population in the locality you live in identifies you as is outside of your control. It doesn't matter what they think as long as it doesn't adversely impact you.

@Duchess you have to give it up to Somalis. They will fight tooth and nail to have their own label. Even Habeshis just give up and resign themselves to whatever outsiders think.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
However I'm just a little more sensible than you to accept in the West and among ajnabi cadaans that I'm just black, only niggas give a shit to big up any differences.

Just being truthful

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@BoqorkaChess

Call it what you will, it is good you are smart to have your own identity.
Europeans have labeled us all under one cluster and then divided us when we reached several attempts at unification. You right in the sense their sense of our identity is none of their business.
So that's why I've had said, it's good for all of us to form our own individual identity strongly.
No arguments there as actually in the name of good fortune you are on to something that will potentially keep good people sake. I appreciate the supportive feed back.

Simply put alot okay is this:

Be who you are and be happy with how you define your own life.
Just don't forget culture is more of a idea of belonging from regional differences.
As sort of "back bone" to give you "some guts" during doubt if you will.

No matter how you define it though if you are from the Horn of Africa that makes us all Horners.

So if you don't feel like a black american that's okay nobody asked the family to be immigrants to another land and take on their cultural values.
Just most do so to adapt and create comfortable cash and living since the upper hand was there to do as so as of the time called for it.
For sure, the only reason why I’m not acting like the other “we aren’t black” is because I know white police officers and other racists will see me as one of them. By denying it won’t stop them from being racist. Which is why I choose to stand with black people 8 times out of 10 because I know we’re treated the same and have the same struggles. No matter how many times these caucasianists call themselves caucasians, a white person will just call them a “Ni**er”

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Seriously what language is that?
:cosbyhmm:

I don't know. . .
I guess my mind just is making words up out of thin air.
6accfcf20616678825caaa5cca7892a6.475x245x10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending