Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
So my cousin called me last night to tell me about boxes of Dollar Bills he found in Afgooye, worth 25 Million US dollars. So naturally I got really happy thinking I can finally stop sending this nigga money. And then he follows that with "The Bills Have Anti-Theft Coating on them, they need a cleaning solution called SSD", so this nigga was basically calling me so I can pay for this SSD solution.

By the way I'm a 27 year old who's just completed a PhD in machine learning models using Matrix Factorisation, so I'm not stupid by any means. So, naturally this had my scam senses tingling, so with a quick google search I managed to find a few articles on the scam. So its most likely a scam, now the part I am trying to figure out is, did he get scammed and doesn't know it? Or is he trying to scam me? I did tell him it was most likely a scam and this guy was all like "Walllahi, Wallahi, Wallahi eebow, please, don't ruin my only shot at happiness, wa ku raxeenaa markaad xamar imaadid" Now I'm a little confused, am I just being really paranoid? Or is there such thing as UN Dollars that are painted black due to anti-theft measures brought to Somalia?

If He is willixng to do this, please just give him some cash för now. He will feel guilty you can use that against him. Just dont mention this later

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
How much is he asking for? If he has otherwise been honest, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say he has been scammed.

Either way there ain't no 25 million USD laying around.

Rooble44

Nacalaa, wecelka inu ii gaado oo rabay.
:birdman:

If He is willixng to do this, please just give him some cash för now. He will feel guilty you can use that against him. Just dont mention this later
Bro willing to do what? I send this nigga $500 every month, I put him through high school and he fuked it up and failed; and now he's willing to do this to me? I'm gonna report his ass and get him locked up, his parents failed bringing him into this world.

How much is he asking for? If he has otherwise been honest, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say he has been scammed.

Either way there ain't no 25 million USD laying around.
$10,000, so roughly £8,000'ish. Not sure about honesty but this is the first time he's tried anything like this on me. Bare in mind I already send him $500, he's a 20 year old kid who I put through high school, failed and hid it from me. So I'm just trying to figure out what would he possibly gain from scamming me? His only lifeline? Like nobody sends him any money, and the only reason I have a soft spot for him is because he's my habaryars son, her husband died when this kid was barely 3. His uncles from dads side don't want anything to do with him and just fuk him around. So I figured I would be a good role model for him and look after him but he's honestly dead to me after this whole fiasco.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
He's trying to screw me over isn't he?

:gucciwhat:
It doesn't matter if he's telling he truth or not cut that niggas supply of money off right now he's a lil bytch that needs to learn how to grind and make shit happen for himself and you babying him won't help

Bro willing to do what? I send this nigga $500 every month, I put him through high school and he fuked it up and failed; and now he's willing to do this to me? I'm gonna report his ass and get him locked up, his parents failed bringing him into this world.

$10,000, so roughly £8,000'ish. Not sure about honesty but this is the first time he's tried anything like this on me. Bare in mind I already send him $500, he's a 20 year old kid who I put through high school, failed and hid it from me.
Force him to take an online degree its free. My half brother did this and started his own Electrical company.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL

$10,000, so roughly £8,000'ish. Not sure about honesty but this is the first time he's tried anything like this on me. Bare in mind I already send him $500, he's a 20 year old kid who I put through high school, failed and hid it from me.

You're a good cousin. Honestly sounds like some dumb naive kid. Give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's not trying to scam you. Definitely don't fucking send him 10k lmao. Explain to him it's a common scam. If he claims he physically has the black notes, then that nigga taking advantage of you. More times it's probably a friend of his that has the "money" or some he say she say bs.

Rooble44

It doesn't matter if he's telling he truth or not cut that niggas supply of money off right now he's a lil bytch that needs to learn how to grind and make shit happen for himself and you babying him won't help
imagine being a 20 year old getting $500/month in the Mog, he's living life. Don't worry, imma humble him real good.

Force him to take an online degree its free. My half brother did this and started his own Electrical company.
Bro I tried everything, I paid for some IT certificate, he mocked it up, paid for his high school diploma, still mocked it up. My siblings and cousins from dad side are all in the West, and none of them even send him a penny due to his dads qabiil, they have the whole mentality of "Like dad, like son" but I actually had high hopes for this kid and he's done nothing but let me down. A part of me knew this whole thing was most likely a scam, a part of me wanted to believe that it either wasn't or he doesn't know. But it is what it is, what can you do.

You're a good cousin. Honestly sounds like some dumb naive kid. Give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's not trying to scam you. Definitely don't fucking send him 10k lmao. Explain to him it's a common scam. If he claims he physically has the black notes, then that nigga taking advantage of you. More times it's probably a friend of his that has the "money" or some he say she say bs.
Bro I honestly tried explaining it to him, I was on the phone for an hour and a half yesterday, thought I'd sleep on it and think about it more, called him again today and spent another hour just trying to tell him its a scam. But he's telling me he's seen his friends do it, so he's most likely in on it, I refuse to believe he's that stupid.

THATS too harsh
Whats harsh bro?

So my cousin called me last night to tell me about boxes of Dollar Bills he found in Afgooye, worth 25 Million US dollars. So naturally I got really happy thinking I can finally stop sending this nigga money. And then he follows that with "The Bills Have Anti-Theft Coating on them, they need a cleaning solution called SSD", so this nigga was basically calling me so I can pay for this SSD solution.

By the way I'm a 27 year old who's just completed a PhD in machine learning models using Matrix Factorisation, so I'm not stupid by any means. So, naturally this had my scam senses tingling, so with a quick google search I managed to find a few articles on the scam. So its most likely a scam, now the part I am trying to figure out is, did he get scammed and doesn't know it? Or is he trying to scam me? I did tell him it was most likely a scam and this guy was all like "Walllahi, Wallahi, Wallahi eebow, please, don't ruin my only shot at happiness, wa ku raxeenaa markaad xamar imaadid" Now I'm a little confused, am I just being really paranoid? Or is there such thing as UN Dollars that are painted black due to anti-theft measures brought to Somalia?
He wanted to scam you.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

$10,000, so roughly £8,000'ish. Not sure about honesty but this is the first time he's tried anything like this on me. Bare in mind I already send him $500, he's a 20 year old kid who I put through high school, failed and hid it from me. So I'm just trying to figure out what would he possibly gain from scamming me? His only lifeline? Like nobody sends him any money, and the only reason I have a soft spot for him is because he's my habaryars son, her husband died when this kid was barely 3. His uncles from dads side don't want anything to do with him and just fuk him around. So I figured I would be a good role model for him and look after him but he's honestly dead to me after this whole fiasco.
It's dog eat dog over there, cause you send him money he thought you were weak.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Bro I honestly tried explaining it to him, I was on the phone for an hour and a half yesterday, thought I'd sleep on it and think about it more, called him again today and spent another hour just trying to tell him its a scam. But he's telling me he's seen his friends do it, so he's most likely in on it, I refuse to believe he's that stupid.

“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” -- Mark Twain

:wow:

Rooble44

It's dog eat dog over there, cause you send him money he thought you were weak.
Bro this kid never seen no struggle after the age of 9, I was sending him and his mother money from the age of 16. So not sure why he is being the way he is.

Why are Puntlanders smuggling black US dollar notes into Somaliland? And what are these black notes used for? Is this "Puntland Voodoo" money?

Why is it that only Puntlanders are printing fake money in the region?

:dwill:

I just did some research. These Puntlanders were trying to do what is called a Black Money Scam:

pic-slider-1.jpg

The black money scam, sometimes also known as the "black dollar scam" or "wash wash scam", is a scam where con artists attempt to fraudulently obtain money from a victim by convincing him or her that piles of banknote-sized paper in a trunk or a safe are actually currency notes that have been dyed to avoid detection by authorities. The victim is persuaded to pay fees and purchase chemicals to remove the dye, with the promise of a share in the proceeds.

:mindblown:

Rooble44

Why are Puntlanders smuggling black US dollar notes into Somaliland? And what are these black notes used for? Is this "Puntland Voodoo" money?

Why is it that only Puntlanders are printing fake money in the region?

:dwill:

I just did some research. These Puntlanders were trying to do what is called a Black Money Scam:

View attachment 148929

The black money scam, sometimes also known as the "black dollar scam" or "wash wash scam", is a scam where con artists attempt to fraudulently obtain money from a victim by convincing him or her that piles of banknote-sized paper in a trunk or a safe are actually currency notes that have been dyed to avoid detection by authorities. The victim is persuaded to pay fees and purchase chemicals to remove the dye, with the promise of a share in the proceeds.

:mindblown:
Bro I literally made a thread about this few days ago, my cousin was blabbering on about it.

Bro I literally made a thread about this few days ago, my cousin was blabbering on about it.

So Puntlanders are also scamming the south? This is too much.

And btw, dont just assume your cousin is scamming you, he is probably the one who got scammed here, so go easy on him.

Trending