Black or Arab?

Dhegcas or Madow?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moors were predominantly Berbers/North Africans.

The Blacks were assimilated & only had subservient roles in relation to the Moorish Berbers.

Watch this:

The Blacks were assimilated & only had subservient roles in relation to the Moorish Berbers.

Watch this:
Zanj is synonomous with bantu therefore the first part of the video is irrelevant.
_
A yemeni like keresztes' tan boy. In this story we are told that al-Sayyid used to carouse with the young men of the camp, one of whom was as dark as he. While both boys had extremely
dark skin, the other boy had thick nose and lips and thus had a general Zanj appearance (
muzannaj
). Al-Sayyid had foul-smelling armpits and as the two pitch-black Arabs were jesting together one day, al-
Sayyid said: “You are a Zanjī
in your nose
and lips!” to which the youth replied: “And you are a Zanjī
in your color and armpits!”
Thus,the Zanji looking boy pointed out that the pure Yemeni Arab al-Sayyid had

like him

thecomplexion of a Zanji
–(d.789)

Watch this:
As for the second part: mutawallids( berberized concubine ofspring) who came to be considered moor doesnt explain what these ancients wrote:

4th c. A.D. - the Roman Claudius complained of the chief of the “Mauri Bavares” in North Africa taking noble Roman women of the Levant. It was written of the chief, “when tired of each noblest matron, Gildo hands her over to the Moors.” And these, “Sidonian mothers, married in Carthage city must needs mate with barbarians. He thrusts upon me an Ethiopian as a son-in law, a Berber as a husband. The hideous hybrid affrights its cradle” (Platnauer, 1922, p.113

5th c. A.D. - “The Moors have bodies black as night, while the skin of the Gauls is white..." written by Isidore of Seville in The Etymologies of Isidore of Seville - translation by Steven A. Barney published 2007. p. 386. St. Isidore also, “underlines the fact that Moors are so named because they are black, and their blackness comes from the heat of the sun." St. Isidore(9.2.121-23)” (Ramey, L., Monstrous Alterity in Early Modern Travel Accounts. Esprit Createur, (48)1, pp. 81-952008).

6th c. A.D.- Corippus, a Byzantine in Book I 245 of Johannidus, Book 1, 245, speaking of Moors in the area of North Africa who he felt had "faces of a horrible black color" stated - “Maura videbatur facies, nigro colore horrida” (Michell, G.B. (1903, Jan.). The Berbers. Journal of the Royal African Society, 2(6), (pp. 161-194). He also refers to some Moorish captives as "black as crows".

6th c. A.D. - Procopius, a Byzantine in his History of the Wars book IV contrasting a white peoples who had settled in North Africa claimed they were not “black skinned like the Mauri...” The Mauri he knew lived in the area stretching from Leptis Magna to the Aures and Kabyle Mountains. The history books today call them "Berbers".

9th c. A.D. - A Norse saga translated into Gaelic speaks of the Moors of the 9th c. reads, "After this the Lochlanns (Danes) passed over the whole country, and they plundered and burnt the whole country and they carried off a great host of them as captives to Erin and these are the blue men of Erin, for Mauri is the same as black (Nigri) man and Mauritania is the same as blackness…Long indeed were these blue men in Erin…’ Howorth, H.H. (1884). Early Intercourse Between the Franks and Danes, Transactions of the Royal Historical Society 1, pp. 18-61

9th c. A.D. - Saedulius Scotus, a Celtic monk in a letter to an Italian ruler refers to the horrible "black faces" of "the Saracen" invaders of southern Italy.

Chess-clock.jpg

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Damn I didn't know he made that thread. My bad.
:shookgabre:
That little kid has it out for me wallahi. He got mad because I called his clan langaab and he has hated me ever since.
:siilaanyolaugh:
It's okay, I forgive you. You can still be my friend even though you're an aborigine.
:westbrookswag:

Hey your ancestors were wandering around Yemen a few centuries ago. You Habeshas have more reason to claim your Arab side.
:ufdup:
And I will only identify as Arab because it’s a step up from black. Blacks are whiny victims and it makes me cringe with their complaining. At least Arabs aren’t that pathetic yet.
:susp:
I say black because I'm darkskinned. But they miss me with cultural Marxism bs and using "the struggle " to excuse everything

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Neither. Simply Somali. Cadaans even know. I had one lady tell me she could spot my high forehead and features from a mile away (it's more common than you think). With Arabs unless they speak I can't quite pinpoint them (they have a slightly more ambiguous look). And most madows don't really have a signature look (they can get easily mistaken with others (barring some exceptions).

Embrace your Somalinimo, promote it and forget labels that are a clear misfit. As Somalis we need to get our story straight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.