Biggest qarxis: Somaliland administration on the verge of financial collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Of course, public punishment and imprisonment for those who don't believe and pose a threat to the nations soveringity.

I would cast the first stone, in fact.

I am not a maskiin though. A lot of Landers would properly get hurt in their attempt to catch me. I am like Pablo Escobar. :samwelcome:

Bohol

VIP
Pablo Esboar went mad in his attempts and was caught in the end. A shadow of his former self.

The choice is yours :cool:

But look at how many people he took out before his demise. Reer Hargeisa don't want to mess with me or they will cry genocide. :cool:

Gambar

VIP
They do have clear goals that are apparent to every Somali and increasingly more and more non-Somalis alike. Not that, that even matters but the point is still there. There's no denial or pretending, have you asked yourself why the IC isn't bothering them. Maybe they're in line :icon lol:

Somaliland benefits a lot, for one its not doing too bad. It is completely self-governing, not perfectly but INDEPENDTLY of the south. Rumour has it Pland wants to the same, I don't really see them sharing much with their southern brothers anyway :icon rolleyes:
Puntland will never secede if that's what you're implying. Also, Puntlanders live in the south as well, we are not concentrated in one area like Somaliland so logistically speaking it wouldn't make any sense to do so.

Puntland will never secede if that's what you're implying. Also, Puntlanders live in the south as well, we are not concentrated in one area like Somaliland so logistically speaking it wouldn't make any sense to do so.

They sure do conduct themselves like a separate country. I get your point though, there are puntlanders in Jubbaland and Mogadishu working as ministers and stuff, there are also some isaaq ones too. It's more difficult for you guys since you border and live amongst clans that would be opposed to that.

Bohol

VIP

There is no reason for Darood to secede from Somalia anyway it would be like Hawiye trying to secede from Somalia.

Gambar

VIP
They sure do conduct themselves like a separate country. I get your point though, there are puntlanders in Jubbaland and Mogadishu working as ministers and stuff, there are also some isaaq ones too. It's more difficult for you guys since you border and live amongst clans that would be opposed to that.
You have Puntlanders who also live outside of Puntland (in different regions such as Bay&Bakool, Jubboyinka, etc.) so it would really not even make any sense. The formation was meant to protect citizens after what happened in Mogadishu and we (all Darood) were cleansed out of the city.

It's our ancestral homeland but we live everywhere. Puntlands administration is based on federalism and I think it's better this way personally. The centralization of Somalia during the kacaan was really ridiculous.

There is no reason for Darood to secede from Somalia anyway it would be like Hawiye trying to secede from Somalia.

Darood could secede we are just too scattered. Ogaden alone are the majority in K5 and NFD, forget the Jubbas lol. I think Ogaden should be brought to Puntland but then they'd overpopulate and become bigger than MJ. Never mind. :icon lol:

Bohol

VIP
Darood could secede we are just too scattered. Ogaden alone are the majority in K5 and NFD, forget the Jubbas lol. I think Ogaden should be brought to Puntland but then they'd overpopulate and become bigger than MJ. Never mind. :icon lol:

K5 and NFD is Ethiopian and Kenyan territory that is out of the question. However it would not be wise for Puntland to secede it would
be in a limbo like Sland if it did. Sland is a lesson to any other state that attempts to secede they already see what a total failure trying to gain recognition for 27 years looks like.

Gambar

VIP
K5 and NFD is Ethiopian and Kenyan territory that is out of the question. However it would not be wise for Puntland to secede it would
be in a limbo like Sland if it did.
Puntland doesn't want to secede because there is no need to. What would be the reason for secession? What's Slands reason for secession? Well Sland was one of the five colonies and now it wants to be on its own. It was a "country" for five days.

After the government attacked Hargeisa and Burco and SNM took them over, they decided they wanted to go back. Unfortunately the UN doesn't believe that's a strong enough reason for statehood. Either way, Sland is not looking good right now in front of its international donors and it has a lot to do with the current incompetent government.

Bohol

VIP
Puntland doesn't want to secede because there is no need to. What would be the reason for secession? What's Slands reason for secession? Well Sland was one of the five colonies and now it wants to be on its own. It was a "country" for five days.

After the government attacked Hargeisa and Burco and SNM took them over, they decided they wanted to go back. Unfortunately the UN doesn't believe that's a strong enough reason for statehood. Either way, Sland is not looking good right now in front of its international donors and it has a lot to do with the current incompetent government.

It doesn't matter what reason Sland wants to secede. If they declare themselves tomorrow the children of Christ the answer from the
IC will remain the same. They don't want another basket case Somali state. One Somalia is a enough of a problem to the IC and a drain on their wallet let alone two Somalias Lol.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
What? Slow your roles, reer qabribayax are already making the rest of us Somalis claustrophobic in Mn and you want them to be brought to Puntland?

:mahubowtf::faysalwtf::mugshotman:

It was delayed due to the drought.

It is but it is too late the damage to Somaliland credibility in the international stage is already done. Here is the amount of times the elections have been delayed.

1. 2015 June elections (original date) - Delayed

2. 2016 - June elections (second date) - Delayed

3. 2017 - March elections (third date) - Delayed

4. 2017 - November elections (fourth date) ? :russ:

Indeed, the 2nd and 3rd times were due to drought and the delays were agreed upon by the opposition (incl wadani), NEC and was ratified by the guurti.
Despite divergent views held by ruling Kulmiye which has maintained that drought should not be used as justification for postponement and Opposition UCID and Wadani that have maintained the impossibility of undertake a successful ballot exercise under prevalent circumstances, the latest meeting hosted by NEC ended in a delay consensus

http://thenational-somaliland.com/2...house-elders-postpone-presidential-elections/

http://www.somalilandsun.com/politi...-nec-concur-on-drought-induced-election-delay

But yes, there was no significant reason for the 1st delay.

Pland is fighting it's own battles, I heard they were infiltrated by AS a few times. Their approach was excellent: no mercy, cleansing the vermin bila hadal. I agree, they are politically astute/ siyaasiyin but they're confused about which direction they're heading in. Somaliland has a clear goal and inshallah I pray dependency on the IC reduces drastically. For many years we were doing fine without recognition and we'll be fine now.

I'm not well-versed on Puntland's affairs, but I agree that PL has done well for for themselves (relative to other regional federal states).

With that said, Puntland has failed to regularly pay their troops on time (unlike Somaliland) and the troops staged a 'mutiny' earlier this year:
Troops in Somalia's semi-autonomous region of Puntland have briefly staged a mutiny.

Dozens of soldiers seized the parliament compound in the administrative capital Garowe and blocked nearby streets.

However one of the region's most respected clan elders, Islan Issa Islan Mohamed, told them to return to their barracks.

He told the BBC that the "drama" was now over.

It had been reported that the soldiers were protesting about a delay in the payment of salaries as well as poor working conditions.

Last September soldiers took control of the central bank in Garowe in protest at lack of payments, Garowe Online reported.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-39096892

Perhaps if PL regularly paid their disenfranchised troops instead of espousing lies and myths about Somaliland "supporting" Al Shabab, then the past events at Af-Urur barracks and Galala (where 60+ soldiers got sent to akhirah) could have been altered for the better.

Last edited:
You have Puntlanders who also live outside of Puntland (in different regions such as Bay&Bakool, Jubboyinka, etc.) so it would really not even make any sense. The formation was meant to protect citizens after what happened in Mogadishu and we (all Darood) were cleansed out of the city.

It's our ancestral homeland but we live everywhere. Puntlands administration is based on federalism and I think it's better this way personally. The centralization of Somalia during the kacaan was really ridiculous.

Somaliland was also built on a similar premise, the cleansing of Isaaq in the north.

Yeah I don't like centralisation as a model either: it had its problems during the kacaan and disproportionately benefited some more than others. I would even go as far as to say it fuelled the depth and injustices of the war. Removing accountability from the leaders at the time, who felt little loyalty to their people.

Perhaps if PL regularly paid their disenfranchised troops instead of espousing lies and myths about Somaliland "supporting" Al Shabab, then the past events at Af-Urur barracks and Galala (where 60+ soldiers got sent to akhirah) could have been altered for the better.

The AS origin conspiracy stories are very annoying and laughable, in adult debate ruunti.

Status
Not open for further replies.