Being a Somali kid, particularly male wasn’t easy!

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
No offense but the tiktok vid was made so somalis could wallow in self pity. You get bullied in a non friendly environment, its upto you to stand up for yourselves. I learned this shit at 10 years old, thankfully had an older cousin who slapped some spine into me.

Most older gen guys are even nostalgic to those old days. Shit happens, time to move on.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Saw this video of a Somali child who was heavily bullied by gangs in the late 90s and early 2000s. Made me feel so sad that many Somali kids especially between 1985-2010 had to fight tooth and nail against other communities.

May Allah bless him with Jannah.

Edit everyone: I missed a key point. The young lad was bullied and killed by these horrendous gangs.
Sometimes I wonder how my experience would have been growing up in London instead of some backwater town in the uk. I didn’t move to London till I was 23 after completing uni

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Sometimes I wonder how my experience would have been growing up in London instead of some backwater town in the uk. I didn’t move to London till I was 23 after completing uni
It's Not all that. But I wouldn't be able to compare outside London.

Trending

Latest posts