Being a Somali kid, particularly male wasn’t easy!

Saw this video of a Somali child who was heavily bullied by gangs in the late 90s and early 2000s. Made me feel so sad that many Somali kids especially between 1985-2010 had to fight tooth and nail against other communities.

May Allah bless him with Jannah.

Edit everyone: I missed a key point. The young lad was bullied and killed by these horrendous gangs.

Last edited:
When you think about it, particularly in the 90s and early 2000s, some younger Somali boys really didn’t have a chance. Parents moved to a diff country, you’ve got madows who hate you and are willing to stab you up, and then life on the estate is near enough as dangerous as the killings of Hargeisa or the Dagaalo of Xamar. It’s of no wonder why Some Somali kids turned to gangs and that lifestyle. Seeing that video of that child was just….pure sadness. Some of these kids were terrorized and it was a fight or be killed situations for them.

The UK in the late 80s, 90s and early 2000s was rough. Gen Z’s can only imagine.

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
Uk Somalis had it bad when they first arrived to to the UK.

Especially fobs.

They had it worse because we were different.

Somalis are known to have their own language, their town area, having a different dress code (including the women).

Now they’ve contributed to the UK and are considered worthy citizens.

With Mo farah (the best Uk runner), Rageh Omaar (BBC journalist), Chunks (popular social media star).

Xeda

Formerly known as Ajansjana
I’m still confused as to why madows just instantly jumped on Somalis as soon as we came.

Last edited:

Especially fobs.

Somalis are known to have their own language, their town area, having a different dress code (including the women).

With Mo farah (the best Uk runner), Rageh Omaar (BBC journalist), Chunks (popular social media star).
The UK was just a lot more miserable, racist and violent back in the day compared to now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
LOOOOL nope, In those days Somali girls were seen as UGLY.
depends in the late 2000s -2010s with the rise of apps like twitter more people were insulting us . i saw some old forum posts of Somali guys complaining about Jamaicans and Somali women getting together and how multiple different ethnicities were calling Somali girls beautiful in front of Somali guys faces

rayxn3

🧚‍♀️

Especially fobs.

We deserve better representation than that

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Somalis had it tough back then. The Madows used to give us a hard time.

Things have changed over the years. Certain gangs like Woolwich boys put so much work on the streets Somalis are respected nowadays.

Nowadays Somalis are feared on the streets of London and are renowned for being violent and ruthless. We went from being victims back then to basically now victimising the same people who used to violated us.

rayxn3

🧚‍♀️
depends in the late 2000s -2010s with the rise of apps like twitter more people were insulting us . i saw some old forum posts of Somali guys complaining about Jamaicans and Somali women getting together and how multiple different ethnicities were calling Somali girls beautiful in front of Somali guys faces
I’ve never seen Jamaicans with Somali girls in the UK in my life and I hope I never do.

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
I’m still confused as To why madows just instantly jumped on Somalis as soon as we came.

M@dows themselves were discriminated by the cadaans.

They wanted to prove themselves as worthy citizens by them.

When they saw on the news and in person that they’ll be refugees coming to the UK.

They’ve adopted the same talking points as cadaans with the “go home” or “you’re not welcome here”.

Somalis were culturally different from the UK natives; and economically challenged as other minorities (especially m@dows).

They needed to fit in. M@dows would talk down to prove to them that they’re not the model minority.

Religion played a role as well.

Isn’t a coincidence that most Caribbeans and west Africans in the uk are christians?

(Islamophobia is common with the Caribbean I’ve heard).

Now this was the past. I don’t know if this is still common but Somalis in the UK aren’t the target as they were before.

But social media Somalis aren’t doing us any favour.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
I’m still confused as to why madows just instantly jumped on Somalis as soon as we came.
Tbh it was because we were seen as different. We were "black" but at the same time we are Muslims with a distinct culture. Like they say people hate something that is different and they can't understand.

M@dows themselves were discriminated by the cadaans.

They wanted to prove themselves as worthy citizens by them.

When they saw on the news and in person that they’ll be refugees coming to the UK.

They’ve adopted the same talking points as cadaans with the “go home” or “you’re not welcome here”.

Somalis were culturally different from the UK natives; and economically challenged as other minorities (especially m@dows).

They needed to fit in. M@dows would talk down to prove to them that they’re not the model minority.

Religion played a role as well.

Isn’t a coincidence that most Caribbeans and west Africans in the uk are christians?

(Islamophobia is common with the Caribbean I’ve heard).

Now this was the past. I don’t know if this is still common but Somalis in the UK aren’t the target as they were before.

But social media Somalis aren’t doing us any favour.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.