Be Like Him..........

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Facts London electrician myself.

Right now commercial gas engineers are in mad demand they easily make 60k+ on the books and homee by 2PM lol

Hope is not lost we have like 7 apprentices and 2 are Somali straight out school

People just don't get, how great this industry is. Yeah sure, we may not be suit and tie wearing, but best believe, we make just as much as those working in skyscrapers in the centre of town.

In Sha Allah, may there be more Somali youths learning trades.

Mashallah Brother @Arma
Unlike our other Somali counterparts in London, you ain't a Taxi Driver, but a skilled tradesman with 2 family's and good if not exceptional pay!

This shows everything can happen with good passion!

To be honest, theres nothing special about me. The one thing that I've had in my life, is clear direction. Unfortunately though, that's what most young Somalis in the West lack.

In Sha Allah, all that changes soon.

It is physically demanding though? What if you're injured and can't use your arm/back issues?

That is what I'd most be afraid of.

At first it will be. When I first qualified as a stonemason, I had to do a lot of physical work. After a year, I left construction, and went to a completely different field: boat manufacturing.

I came back to construction earlier in the year, this time, thanks to my experience gained for the boat manufacturing company, I came back into construction in a managerial capacity.

As for potentially being out of work due to injuries......simply save up and put money aside for instances like this.....this is partly why, the industry pays so well.

forbidding foreigners marrying my women.
Except u can't...lmao. Xalimos are already marrying out and we do too....ur logic doesn't stand m8. This is the opposite of genetic preservation. Your kids will probably marry out too and if they don't their children will. Also, our ancestors would marry foreign Cushites not Portuguese Bantus or Sudani afro-Arabs :ftw9nwa:

Arma

VIP
Most Somalis get by on much less. You can’t assume the other spouse isn’t working. They’re probably making good money.

@Arma trade school is very sound advice. I convinced my baby brother to become an electrician. He is pretty much self employed and loves it. I think he has three other Somalis who work with him (occasionally). He initially wanted to work in construction but hated it.

Good on your brother. We need more like him.

Arma

VIP
I still vividly remember when one of my professors said that she holds several degrees and is an associate professor, yet her brother in law is a carpenter and earns more than her. I immediately wanted to quit and find myself a rug.

I bet shes not happy at Sunday dinners.

Arma

VIP
Except u can't...lmao. Xalimos are already marrying out and we do too....ur logic doesn't stand m8. This is the opposite of genetic preservation. Your kids will probably marry out too and if they don't their children will. Also, our ancestors would marry foreign Cushites not Portuguese Bantus or Sudani afro-Arabs :ftw9nwa:

Mate, I don't care what xalimos in other families do. They're more than welcome to go and breed for foreign men, and end up like these three xalimos:

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/what-a-sad-state-of-affairs.66918/

However, in my family, we don't accept miscegenation. If any female family member of mine brought home an ajnabi man - straight disowning.

Simple as.

60k a year :tacky:
That is nothing after taxes

Get your degrees guys
I am assuming your not from the UK otherwise you wouldn't have posted this.

In the states this would be around 80k and for Canada it's over 100k if you adjust the currency as of right now, pre-brexit it would have been 90k and 110k respectively when the pound was strong.

That's roughly around how much a typical Senior Engineer in IT makes, but unlike those guys, the brother comes with absolutely zero debt and no significant time wasted in university, he would have had a 3/4 years head start on those that took this route.

The brother in the same position in IT earning the same money in the UK would have $400 subtracted each month from his salary by student finance.

Good on you brother but you can easily make that much and more with IT. Why am I gonna break my back doing xamali when I can control a company's cloud infrastructure from my comfy kursi? :mjlaugh:

Its doable. My other-other half is a doctor in Belgium. I got it covered.

60k is nothing. Plus as a man you shouldn't be concerned about what you're other other half is earning.

Unless you can afford to look after the both of them without taking their salary into account, then maybe polygamy isn't for you atm.

Trending