Be Like Him..........

Discussion in 'General' started by Arma, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Arma

Arma GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIR VIP

Ratings:
    +14,783
    People just don't get, how great this industry is. Yeah sure, we may not be suit and tie wearing, but best believe, we make just as much as those working in skyscrapers in the centre of town.

In Sha Allah, may there be more Somali youths learning trades.

To be honest, theres nothing special about me. The one thing that I've had in my life, is clear direction. Unfortunately though, that's what most young Somalis in the West lack.

In Sha Allah, all that changes soon.

At first it will be. When I first qualified as a stonemason, I had to do a lot of physical work. After a year, I left construction, and went to a completely different field: boat manufacturing.

I came back to construction earlier in the year, this time, thanks to my experience gained for the boat manufacturing company, I came back into construction in a managerial capacity.

As for potentially being out of work due to injuries......simply save up and put money aside for instances like this.....this is partly why, the industry pays so well.

2. Arma

Ratings:
    +14,783
    Hear hear

3. Emily

Emily Da queen VIP

Ratings:
    +6,682
    30k:tacky:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Waaqo of Punt

Waaqo of Punt

Ratings:
    +2,681
    Except u can't...lmao. Xalimos are already marrying out and we do too....ur logic doesn't stand m8. This is the opposite of genetic preservation. Your kids will probably marry out too and if they don't their children will. Also, our ancestors would marry foreign Cushites not Portuguese Bantus or Sudani afro-Arabs :ftw9nwa:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Arma

Ratings:
    +14,783
    Good on your brother. We need more like him.

6. Arma

Ratings:
    +14,783
    I bet shes not happy at Sunday dinners.

7. Siddhartha

Siddhartha

Ratings:
    +1,381
    Tech industry is where it's at I know 25 year olds earning £70-80k.

The future is digital.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arma

Ratings:
    +14,783
    Mate, I don't care what xalimos in other families do. They're more than welcome to go and breed for foreign men, and end up like these three xalimos:

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/what-a-sad-state-of-affairs.66918/

However, in my family, we don't accept miscegenation. If any female family member of mine brought home an ajnabi man - straight disowning.

Simple as.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Inquisitive_

Inquisitive_ VIP

Ratings:
    +10,622
    I am assuming your not from the UK otherwise you wouldn't have posted this.

In the states this would be around 80k and for Canada it's over 100k if you adjust the currency as of right now, pre-brexit it would have been 90k and 110k respectively when the pound was strong.

That's roughly around how much a typical Senior Engineer in IT makes, but unlike those guys, the brother comes with absolutely zero debt and no significant time wasted in university, he would have had a 3/4 years head start on those that took this route.

The brother in the same position in IT earning the same money in the UK would have $400 subtracted each month from his salary by student finance.

10. diaby

diaby

Ratings:
    +3,855
    Good on you brother but you can easily make that much and more with IT. Why am I gonna break my back doing xamali when I can control a company's cloud infrastructure from my comfy kursi? :mjlaugh:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. HalimaJ

HalimaJ

Ratings:
    +3,874
    60k is nothing. Plus as a man you shouldn't be concerned about what you're other other half is earning.

Unless you can afford to look after the both of them without taking their salary into account, then maybe polygamy isn't for you atm.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted