Be Like Him..........

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
3dnk4f.jpg

Arma

VIP
Somali boys should learn trades. Instead of going to University, studying useless, no good degrees, such as business, humanities, and media studies.
These courses are no good, whatsoever. Yet, in colleges and universities, up and down the West, you'll find Somali kids enrolled on these courses.

They'd be far better off, enrolling on courses or going on an apprenticeship, in a trade.

Plumbing, carpentry, electrician, and my trade: stonemasonry, are some of the most well paying, rewarding jobs out there. You'll be self-employed, never without a job, and can work anywhere in the world.

I too nearly fell into the trap, of enrolling on a useless university course, I was gonna study Historyvand Politics at Leicester University. But Alhamdulillah, my father talked me out of it. He instead recommended that I study a trade. He told me, it would be a decision, I'll never regret. And I thank him greatly for that.

I enrolled on a four year stonemasonry apprenticeship in London, and at the end of it, became a fully fledged stonemason. Alhamdulillah, I've earned a great salary, in all of the construction projects I've been part of. The thing was, I was the only Somali in my apprenticeship.

It's such a shame, I didn't have another Somali on my class. Its such a shame that not many, young Somali men, are not interested in learning a trade.

Last edited:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Maybe you should wait until you hit 200k before considering a second wife, 60k for two families living in London sounds like poverty to me :tacky:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Its doable. My other-other half is a doctor in Belgium. I got it covered.
Wait so how will that work? You will be in Belgium half the week? Or she is moving to London. You’re lucky you are not married a Somali woman, no way will that fly lol

Arma

VIP
Wait so how will that work? You will be in Belgium half the week? Or she is moving to London. You’re lucky you are not married a Somali woman, no way will that fly lol

No, she's moving to Tanzania. She will be a doctor at a hospital in the capital Dar Es Salaam. Polygamy is legal in Tanzania, so nothing criminal am I doing in the UK.

Arma

VIP
All of my siblings went to university. :meleshame:One has a PhD. :damn:

Dont get me wrong, University has its benefits, and for some careers, you'll need a university degree. However, my issue is with these uselessly ridiculous courses and fields of study such as: humanities, arts, music, business, and of course the worst of the worst: media studies.

I'm all in favour of people reading Economics, Architecture, Law, and Sciences and Mathematics....these are the courses that matter in the world. These are the courses that would get you somewhere in life.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Trades are good. Then you can start your own company within a few years. Be your own boss.

The thing is though, people study business and think they are going to be big shot financial moguls, which rarely happens.

Only bother to go to uni if you are going to study Medicine, Law, Engineering or Physics/Chemistry.

I myself studied Law and Public Policy/Administration. I work for the state and I am content with what I do.

@Arma
Mashalla bro :2tjlv3e:
Never thought stonemasons could get 60k a year, mabrouk. So, are u planning to maintain 2 families in London? Sounds like a stretch ngl. I thought u only had a Tanzanian missus...? lol. gl though.
btw apprenticeships are growing in popularity a lot rn and they'll only get more popular. Only a few Somalis take them in London but eventually the community will start to realize how good they are.

Arma

VIP
@Arma
Mashalla bro :2tjlv3e:
Never thought stonemasons could get 60k a year, mabrouk. So, are u planning to maintain 2 families in London? Sounds like a stretch ngl. I thought u only had a Tanzanian missus...? lol. gl though.
btw apprenticeships are growing in popularity a lot rn and they'll only get more popular. Only a few Somalis take them in London but eventually the community will start to realize how good they are.

Thanks bro. A couple of things though....I'm not married to a Tanzanian woman, no my wife is Creole from Portugal.....and the potential second wife, is a North Sudanese, who lives in Belgium but is moving permanently to Tanzania for work.

Marry more than one woman in the UK? Hell no, its illegal.

If you're taking General Business, then yeah that's not really useful.

But specializing in Accounting or Human Resources is specific enough that you'll find work if you look hard enough once you graduate. Those are decently good careers.

Many Somalis I know have taken that route and are doing good.

Exodus

Alienist
It’s because of schools in the UK framing it as you’re a failure for not going to university, which shames people from doing vocational courses, trades and apprenticeships, despite the fact that’s it a solid career choice.

I really wanted to do an IT degree apprenticeship, but my family hounded me to instead study medicine abroad. Now my friends who did an apprenticeship are earning £21,000 a year at 18 with a guaranteed job and free degree after 3 years and I’m in Döner land.

Last edited:
Somali boys should learn trades. Instead of going to University, studying useless, no good degrees, such as business, humanities, and media studies.
These courses are no good, whatsoever. Yet, in colleges and universities, up and down the West, you'll find Somali kids enrolled on these courses.

They'd be far better off, enrolling on courses or going on an apprenticeship, in a trade.

Plumbing, carpentry, electrician, and my trade: stonemasonry, are some of the most well paying, rewarding jobs out there. You'll be self-employed, never without a job, and can work anywhere in the world.

I too nearly fell into the trap, of enrolling on a useless university course, I was gonna study Historyvand Politics at Leicester University. But Alhamdulillah, my father talked me out of it. He instead recommended that I study a trade. He told me, it would be a decision, I'll never regret. And I thank him greatly for that.

I enrolled on a four year stonemasonry apprenticeship in London, and at the end of it, became a fully fledged stonemason. Alhamdulillah, I've earned a great salary, in all of the construction projects I've been part of. The thing was, I was the only Somali in my apprenticeship.

It's such a shame, I didn't have another Somali on my class. Its such a shame that not many, young Somali men, are not interested in learning a trade.
Facts :dzmxmmb:

Your father is a wise man :nvjpqts:

Trending

Latest posts