Ayan Hirsi attacks Ilhan Omar

Apollo

VIP
She went from a humiliating life in Somalia/Kenya to graduating with a degree to join the left wing Dutch parliament, and then the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. Quite the leap.

What I find impressive about her is that she graduated in a Dutch degree program. Fobs usually struggle badly with local European languages (she was a fob when she was in college).

VixR

Veritas
What I find impressive about her is that she graduated in a Dutch degree program. Fobs usually struggle badly with local European languages (she was a fob when she was in college).
I think it’s because they don’t even try, tbh. There’s Somalis who’ve been in the US for years who don’t speak English either.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
There’s more than one. I read the first. I kept coming across her in Youtube debates and was curious about her. She’s Somali after all.

She went from a humiliating life in Somalia/Kenya to graduating with a degree to join the left wing Dutch parliament, and then the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. Quite the leaps and bounds.

Yep. Her accomplishments are amazing. In my eyes, I think she is more accomplished than Duchess Meghan who married a prince, coming from where she came from. Meghan a couple of years ago was in that messy Wendy Williams show looking for a job. She hassled and hassled and until she landed a Prince. And now like Ayaan, gave her man a son. My hats off to both women.

VixR

Veritas
Yep. Her accomplishments are amazing. In my eyes, I think she is more accomplished than Duchess Meghan who married a prince, coming from where she came from. Meghan a couple of years ago was in that messy Wendy Williams show looking for a job. She hassled and hassled and until she landed a Prince. And now like Ayaan, gave her man a son. My hats off to both women.
Even with current events, you’re partially living in 17-18th century British novels lol.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Even with current events, you’re partially living in 17-18th century British novels lol.

looool U should see me in real life. I even sit down like 17th century aristocrat. I speak with eyes more than mouth, when my mouth opens to talk, people have a tizzy dizzy loool

She was educated in Kenya in English.

Her father was a linguist as well.

Certainly not from a FOB background.

Apollo

VIP
She was educated in Kenya in English.

Her father was a linguist as well.

Certainly not from a FOB background.

But she did her degree in the Dutch language, not English, which is what I found impressive.

She had zero knowledge of Dutch when she moved there.

Apollo

VIP
Do you know Dutch?

No, but I haven't heard of fobs graduating from European universities in non-English programs. Very few of them go to university level education (rare to begin with) and when they do they usually study in English programs because they can't handle the programs in local languages.

Even most natives can't.

VixR

Veritas
No, but I haven't heard of fobs graduating from European universities in non-English programs. Very few of them go to university level education (rare to begin with) and when they do they usually study in English programs because they can't handle the programs in local languages.

Even most natives can't.
I’ve seen fobs who’ve come here and started school. English must not be as hard. I had a cousin who came from an Arab country, started work in a semiconductor plant, and finished a Computer Science degree. But then again, he went to Azhar in Egypt. He wasn’t off the streets, so to speak, though his English was poor (he still has a heavy accent).

Apollo

VIP
I’ve seen fobs who’ve come here and started school. English must not be as hard. I had a cousin who came from an Arab country, started work in a semiconductor plant, and finished a Computer Science degree. But then again, he went to Azhar in Egypt. He wasn’t off the streets, so to speak, though his English was poor (he still has a heavy accent).

The language barrier for fobs is stronger in mainland Europe. Since they come with zero knowledge of the language of their new host nations. I think this is one of the many reasons why Scandinavian Somalis do worse on socioeconomic metrics than UK and American Somalis.

VixR

Veritas
The language barrier for 'fobs' is stronger in mainland Europe. Since they come with zero knowledge of the language of their new host nations. I think this is one of the many reasons why Scandinavian Somalis do worse on socioeconomic metrics than UK and American Somalis.
The language could be a factor, but I think the heavy govt assistance has a lot to do with why Scandis don’t perform as well. I’m not sure about the UK, but the US is not a place you can live comfortably taking govt. assistance. It’s why some resort to other types of scams, like daycare scams, etc.

But on the positive end, it’s also conducive to being businessminded. On the whole, I think there are more American Somalis who’re self-supporting than the Scandinavian countries.

Apollo

VIP
The language could be a factor, but I think the heavy govt assistance has a lot to do with why Scandis don’t perform as well. I’m not sure about the UK, but the US is not a place you can live comfortably taking govt. assistance. It’s why some resort to other types of scams, like daycare scams, etc.

But on the positive end, it’s also conducive to being businessminded. On the whole, I think there are more American Somalis who’re self-supporting than the Scandinavian countries.

People on here like to make fun of UK Somalis, but the worst of the worst Somali diasporas are found in Northern Europe with rock bottom Somali labor force participation rates. :chrisfreshhah:

If one is well educated and very articulate in their mother tongue or other languages, many of them will succeed in foreign languages, such people included Somalis sent to Russia and other Eastern European countries to pursue university education during Siad Barre’s regime.

What Ayan wrote about the hatred towards the Jews and in particular Israel by the majority of Somalis is factual. As a kid, I never knew what the word ‘Yahud’ mean’t even though I knew being called that word was the ultimate insult. When Ilhan expresses negative comments about Israel, she’s appealing to her Somali base. If all the Arab & Islamic countries establish a diplomatic relationship with Israel, Somalia will refrain from it.

Black on black violence :mjkkk:
dude, it's MJ on MJ beef. Ahhh, this is gonna be good. Let me grab my popcorn....
eddie-griffin-popcorn.gif

Trending