Atheists of Somalispot come in! Let's discuss this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
But I'm too selfish :meleshame: I like the easy life

Hence the "forcibly deported" part :lolbron:

Let's be real here though, being Somali in the West will become harder in the future i would wager. Far right sentiments is making quite the comeback in Europe, only a matter of time until it spreads like wildfire all over the West. The cadaans are starting to get sick of immigrants and refugees it would seem :kanyeshrug:

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
damn, straight out of the Republican playbook. just because it's not a ban on every single Muslim in the world does not make it not a Muslim ban...it's still a ban on Muslims especially considering the fact that non-Muslim minorities from those countries are still being let through

also the grand total of terrorist attacks committed by ppl from those countries in the US in the last 40 years is 0, so I'm not sure how this is supposed to protect anything while the main culprits of terrorism are not affected

so not sure why ur arguing semantics about whether or not it's a Muslim ban. someone needs to send the memo to our fellow somalis who being turned back that 'hey hey, it's not a Muslim ban' , maybe they'll feel better about it all

Calling something "straight out of the Republican playbook" – is not an argument. I would have more respect for you Tramo, if you admitted that you have a strong ‘Liberal’ bias.

President Obama didn’t ban these countries, but he and his administration were concerned of these seven countries due to security concerns. So, the people who traveled to these countries after March 2011, they didn’t qualify for the visa-waiver program. So, this how the Trump administration started their “extreme vetting” on countries with Islamic Terrorism.

The seven Muslim-majority countries targeted in President Trump's executive order on immigration were initially identified as "countries of concern" under the Obama administration.

In December 2015, President Obama signed into law a measure placing limited restrictions on certain travelers who had visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011. Two months later, the Obama administration added Libya, Somalia, and Yemen to the list, in what it called an effort to address "the growing threat from foreign terrorist fighters."

Under the law, dual citizens of visa-waiver countries and Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria could no longer travel to the U.S. without a visa. Dual citizens of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen could, however, still use the visa-waiver program if they hadn't traveled to any of the seven countries after March 2011.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/

just because it's not a ban on every single Muslim in the world does not make it not a Muslim ban...it's still a ban on Muslims

You contradicted yourself there. Again, it’s not a Muslim ban. It does not say that in the Executive Order nor did they ban every single country like you said. If it was a Muslim ban, it would say that in the Executive Order and they would ban every single Muslim or majority Muslim country. They banned countries that had Muslims and that there were concerns of terrorism – for security reasons as they claim.

(c) Pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the entry of nationals of Syria as refugees is detrimental to the interests of the United States and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I have determined that sufficient changes have been made to the USRAP to ensure that admission of Syrian refugees is consistent with the national interest.

(d) Pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the entry of more than 50,000 refugees in fiscal year 2017 would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I determine that additional admissions would be in the national interest.

especially considering the fact that non-Muslim minorities from those countries are still being let through

That is half truth. Syrians whether Muslim or non-Muslins are banned forever until they come up with a vetting process at the moment. However, “the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may jointly determine to admit individuals to the United States as refugees on a case-by-case basis, in their discretion, but only so long as they determine that the admission of such individuals as refugees is in the national interest -- including when the person is a religious minority in his country of nationality facing religious persecution,”. But, “The Secretary of State shall submit to the President an initial report on the progress of the directive in subsection (b) of this section regarding prioritization of claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution within 100 days of the date of this order and shall submit a second report within 200 days of the date of this order.”

So yes, if someone is being persecuted for being a religious monitory – then might come in if they make their case, but they’re still banned until Trump approves them case-by-case within 100-200 days.

e) Notwithstanding the temporary suspension imposed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may jointly determine to admit individuals to the United States as refugees on a case-by-case basis, in their discretion, but only so long as they determine that the admission of such individuals as refugees is in the national interest -- including when the person is a religious minority in his country of nationality facing religious persecution, when admitting the person would enable the United States to conform its conduct to a preexisting international agreement, or when the person is already in transit and denying admission would cause undue hardship -- and it would not pose a risk to the security or welfare of the United States.

(f) The Secretary of State shall submit to the President an initial report on the progress of the directive in subsection (b) of this section regarding prioritization of claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution within 100 days of the date of this order and shall submit a second report within 200 days of the date of this order.

Executive Order: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

also the grand total of terrorist attacks committed by ppl from those countries in the US in the last 40 years is 0, so I'm not sure how this is supposed to protect anything while the main culprits of terrorism are not affected

I agree like I said in my previous post.

so not sure why ur arguing semantics about whether or not it's a Muslim ban. someone needs to send the memo to our fellow somalis who being turned back that 'hey hey, it's not a Muslim ban' , maybe they'll feel better about it all

Language matters when people believe it’s a Muslim ban, when it’s not. Yes, someone, maybe you can send the “memo” of it not being a Muslim ban. Somalia is considered a country that has a terrorism problem and it’s a security threat according to the Homeland Security and the Trump administration. They’re not being banned for being a Muslim; it is just that they visited or want to emigrate from a country (Somalia) that is of concern.

Last edited:

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Libya - 97% muslim
Sudan - 97% muslim
Syria - 90% muslim
Iraq - 99% muslim
Iran - 99.7% muslim
Yemen - 99% muslim
Somalia - 99% muslim

But it's not a muslim ban... :mjlol:
It's not a Muslim ban. It doesn't say that in the Executive Order nor did he ban every single majority Muslim country. See my response to Tramo.

It's not a Muslim ban. It doesn't say that in the Executive Order nor did he ban every single majority Muslim country. See my response to Tramo.
Trump said it himself that he wants to ban ALL Muslims from entering the US. This is just the first step.

It's hilarious how you're bending over backwards trying to justify this.

Gambar

VIP
Trump said it himself that he wants to ban ALL Muslims from entering the US. This is just the first step.

That was his biggest campaign "policy" intuu meesha soo istagay buu waxas yidhi. :siilaanyolaugh:

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah

I not defending this, I clearly said I disagree with his policy. Just because he said it, doesn't mean it's fact that it IS.

I understand most of the people on this forum is Muslim and Liberal, but reality matters people.

I not defending this, I clearly said I disagree with his policy. Just because he said it, doesn't mean it's fact that it IS.

I understand most of the people on this forum is Muslim and Liberal, but reality matters people.
So you'll wait until there's a ban on all Muslims in order to consider it a reality that Trump wants to ban all Muslims. Got it.

Gambar

VIP

You are being intellectually dishonest walaal.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
So you'll wait until there's a ban on all Muslims in order to consider it a reality that Trump wants to ban all Muslims. Got it.
Look, I get where you're coming from and I understand why you're being defensive because is about your religion and it's affect on Somalia/Somaliland. However, what matters is facts. There are many Muslim countries he didn't ban that had no benefit for the U.S. Yes, until there is an executive order or a bill singed or passed by Congress/Trump that says all Muslim countries are banned because of Islam. Again, I'm defending this order nor would I be in favor where Muslims were banned from traveling or emigrating to the U.S or the west in general.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
When you have one of his surrogates, closest adviser and member of the administration straight up saying he called me and asked me to find a loophole for a Muslim ban, how can you deny it?

Very strange mental gymnastics.

Some of y'all in the near future

220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Duerr-054-17,_Lettland,_KZ_Salaspils,_jüdischer_Lagerpolizist.jpg

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
You are being intellectually dishonest walaal.

I didn't get what you're trying to say. I clearly said I disagree with the order. So, why are you implying that I think it's rational or reasonable or anything in that matter.

My only argument is this is not a Muslim ban.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
When you have one of his surrogates, closest adviser and member of the administration straight up saying he called me and asked me to find a loophole for a Muslim ban, how can you deny it?

Very strange mental gymnastics.

Some of y'all in the near future

220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Duerr-054-17,_Lettland,_KZ_Salaspils,_jüdischer_Lagerpolizist.jpg
Are you referring to the Rudy thing on Fox? I never said he didn't want to ban Muslims or anything of that nature. This ban is not a Muslim, simple.

This is about this ORDER. There is no "mental gymnastics".

Look, I get where you're coming from and I understand why you're being defensive because is about your religion and it's affect on Somalia/Somaliland. However, what matters is facts. There are many Muslim countries he didn't ban that had no benefit for the U.S. Yes, until there is an executive order or a bill singed or passed by Congress/Trump that says all Muslim countries are banned because of Islam. Again, I'm defending this order nor would I be in favor where Muslims were banned from traveling or emigrating to the U.S or the west in general.
The facts are that he said he will ban all muslims from the US and he already started by banning 7 muslim countries. It's not that hard to connect the dots.

Gambar

VIP

It's a Muslim ban, just because he only banned seven countries for now does not mean it is not a Muslim ban. He gathered the list from the previous Obama administration that were the top terror supporting nations. He listed seven nations out of the entire list but he will keep expanding it, you'll see. The reason he put Sudan and Somalia in the list was because he knew that they are being resettled as refugees in the US and wanted to make sure that doesn't happen. Intuu Minnesota airportka soo istagay buu waxuu yidhi (during his campaign) a bunch of Somali refugees have been dumped on you guys without your approval and look it's a mess with a bunch of ISIS recruits. He will add Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt etc. next. Ted Cruz has been trying since 2015 to have CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations) designated as a terrorist/terror supporting organization. This is only the beginning.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
The facts are that he said he will ban all muslims from the US and he already started by banning 7 muslim countries. It's not that hard to connect the dots.
He banned Syria forever other than some cases that proof they're being persecuted for their religious minority. However, the other 6 are banned for 90 days. I'm guessing they're currently coming up with their "extreme vetting" process.

If these countries are still banned after 90 days and all Muslim countries are banned for Islam, then we can talk about a "Muslim ban".

Stop strawmaning guys.

Gambar

VIP
He banned Syria forever other than some cases that proof they're being persecuted for their religious minority. However, the other 6 are banned for 90 days. I'm guessing they're currently coming up with their "extreme vetting" process.

If these countries are still banned after 90 days and all Muslim countries are banned for Islam, then we can talk about a "Muslim ban".

Stop strawmaning guys.

Refugees have been banned from resettling for 120 days and immigrants 90 days. He could very well extend it although many federal judges are filing injuctions (in the form of restraining orders).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts