atheist kill themselves more often study shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but you can't use the "every scientist in the past identified with a religion, therfore atheism can't be correlated with higher intelligence'' argument when everyone, regardless of actual beliefs, identified with the dominant religion of their culture out of necessity. I'm not saying atheists are more intelligent, i'm simply saying your counter argument is flawed.
then why make the first argument at all?

What argument? I didn't read the article that was linked so i don't know if it's true. Could be true, but that's not my point. My point is your counterparts argument was clearly flawed.
The argument correlating atheism with higher intellegence you made and later backed away from

When did i make that argument? Quote me.
It was @McLovin that said it I confused your post :meleshame: please accept my excuses

"The study is real tho I don't see what is the problem with that
I'm too lazy to pick apart the obvious flaws in this study but ill say this. Most of the statsical suicides were from Ex soviet countries and poverty has a lot to do with suicide than metaphysical dogmas :mjlol:

More over do you accept this study by the same professor (Miron Zuckerberg) that says religious people are less intelligent than atheists?"

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
It was @McLovin that said it I confused your post :meleshame: please accept my excuses

"The study is real tho I don't see what is the problem with that
I'm too lazy to pick apart the obvious flaws in this study but ill say this. Most of the statsical suicides were from Ex soviet countries and poverty has a lot to do with suicide than metaphysical dogmas :mjlol:

More over do you accept this study by the same professor (Miron Zuckerberg) that says religious people are less intelligent than atheists?"

Does Jonah Hill really resemble a gorilla that much? :lolbron:

I used the research they provide i have already posted a link with the research in details, published on the site of the researchers.
i only went their for the gateway to the research they posted on this subject, which they sourced an I could find in full detail.

Guy

Which research? But you still used Conservpedia to make a point. I know of a U.N sanctioned research in 2003 that reached similar conclusion, but it was conducted on nation by nation basis and the top nations were former communist nations that were experiencing tremendous financial crisis.

Yes, atheists may commit more suicides because they are not beholden to the threats of hellfire and instead of massacring many people on the name of a religion and being killed on the process, atheists might decide to hang the boots and perish alone. Also, theists might live with mental illnesses and thus become a burden on society and their families but an atheist with a mental illness might decide to commit suicide. I see the latter as an honourable and courageous decision while the former is.......no comment.

Guy

Which research? But you still used Conservpedia to make a point. I know of a U.N sanctioned research in 2003 that reached similar conclusion, but it was conducted on nation by nation basis and the top nations were former communist nations that were experiencing tremendous financial crisis.

Yes, atheists may commit more suicides because they are not beholden to the threats of hellfire and instead of massacring many people on the name of a religion and being killed on the process, atheists might decide to hang the boots and perish alone. Also, theists might live with mental illnesses and thus become a burden on society and their families but an atheist with a mental illness might decide to commit suicide. I see the latter as an honourable and courageous decision while the former is.......no comment.
This research
http://www.adherents.com/misc/religion_suicide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending