atheist kill themselves more often study shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Lol, i'm not any sadder now than i was as a believer. In fact, i'd say i feel better these days.

Lol, i'm not any sadder now than i was as a believer. In fact, i'd say i feel better these days.

Pls don't kill yourself, I've already seen the signs from your post! and it will make beesha dinosaur even more rare

IMG_7411.JPG

The study is real tho I don't see what is the problem with that
I'm too lazy to pick apart the obvious flaws in this study but ill say this. Most of the statsical suicides were from Ex soviet countries and poverty has a lot to do with suicide than metaphysical dogmas :mjlol:

More over do you accept this study by the same professor (Miron Zuckerberg) that says religious people are less intelligent than atheists?

https://www.google.fi/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-8758046.html?amp

I'm too lazy to pick apart the obvious flaws in this study but ill say this. Most of the statsical suicides were from Ex soviet countries and poverty has a lot to do with suicide than metaphysical dogmas :mjlol:

More over do you accept this study by the same professor that says religious people are less intelligent than atheists?

https://www.google.fi/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-8758046.html?amp
99% of the contributions to humanity has been made by religious people.

99% of the contributions to humanity has been made by religious people.
Kek

"A piece of University of Rochester analysis, led by Professor Miron Zuckerman, found “a reliable negative relation between intelligence and religiosity” in 53 out of 63 studies."

Kek

"A piece of University of Rochester analysis, led by Professor Miron Zuckerman, found “a reliable negative relation between intelligence and religiosity” in 53 out of 63 studies."
Still religious people contributed almost all advancement to humanity ever made.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Still religious people contributed almost all advancement to humanity ever made.

Let's be fair though, immense social pressure and the stigmatisation around not believing would mean that most people identified as Christian or Muslim, regardless of their actual beliefs.

Let's be fair though, immense social pressure and the stigmatisation around not believing would mean that most people identified as Christian or Muslim, regardless of their actual beliefs.
That's in to speculation territory we are talking about facts here not an if or but.

TooMacaan

VIP
It's probably because suicide is a sin...thus, a religious person who is going through depression would be so fearful of the consequences of committing suicide (hell) that it prevents them from going through it. Now, that doesn't mean they're any happier though because those feelings don't disappear and they're still forced to deal with the anxiety/guilt/suffering involved in being alive (while the Athiest, who doesn't believe in the existence of sin/afterlife, will have no spiritually fundamental internal conflict and thus, the depression can easily take over and push them towards suicide.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
That's in to speculation territory we are talking about facts here not an if or but.

It's not speculation. What would happen to a self identified atheist in the olden days? Ostracization, imprisonment, execution, the list goes on. How would we know who's truly religious and who's not in such an environment?

It's not speculation. What would happen to a self identified atheist in the olden days? Ostracization, imprisonment, execution, the list goes on. How would we know who's truly religious and who's not in such an environment?
Proof either written or told by someone he associated with, if not found that he will be considered the religion he publicly affiliated with.lets not draw baseless conclusions

Guy

If I, as an atheist accept that "exceptional" research from Conservapedia, would you accept their "ground-breaking" research on all issues Islam. Though I restrained myself not to post certain texts from Conservapedia because it might upset the "believers" here, therefore let me post few sanitised paragraphs, but yet critical of Islam that Conservapedia has to say about Islam. Fasten your seat-belt.

On Islam.

"Beyond extremists and Islamist terrorism at the global level, the root of evil is inherent in a physiologically violent and historically conflictual Islam."
"In truth, the Muslim apologists who say that Islam is the religion of peace are misleading the public." In Sura 8:12, the Koran says to those willing to impose their ideological belief on others, "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."[1] Sura 9:5 says of non-Muslims, "So when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters, wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush".[12] Sura 8:60 states, "And prepare against them what force you can and horses tied at the frontier, to terrorize thereby the enemy of Allah..."[14]

"Islam is a major world socio-political system based on the teachings of Muhammad (also identified as Mohammed), a seventh century Arab. Muhammad claimed descent from Ishmael, the son of Abraham. Muhammad claimed to have received revelations from Allah, the entity which adherents of Islam claim to also be the God of Judaism and Christianity, via the archangel Gabriel, which were written in the Koran - thus forming the core teachings of Islam. Adherents of Islam, along with their liberal allies (including in the mainstream media), claim it to be a "religion", although unlike Christianity, Judaism and other religions, Islam is presented and acts in ways opposite to the teachings of legitimate religions, but more akin to the totalitarian ideologies of Nazism and Communism, based on the history of Islam and its followers."

Doubts over authenticity of the Koran:

"In 2015 a carbon-dating of the oldest known Koran, the "Birmingham Koran", revealed that it actually pre-dated Mohammed,[40] which would obviously have tremendous implications for the religion of Islam."

On Mohamed;

"However, common criticisms of Mohamned are: his marriage to a nine-year-old girl was inappropriate; his authorization of the beating of disobedient wives given in the Quran is unacceptable; and he was a vengeful, man of war (Mohammed said, “If God gives me victory in Quraysh [Muhammad’s own tribe in Mecca] in the future, I will mutilate 30 of their men.”).[1]"

"Historical and contemporary accounts suggest Muhammad, the founder of Islam, owned many slaves. Muhammad never tried to abolish slavery, instead he himself became involved in the slave trade."

On Women;

"Women in Islam are treated as inferiors to men in almost every regard and women's rights are all but non-existent in Islam, a fact conveniently ignored by the ideology's liberal allies (including in feminism and the mainstream media). In Sharia, the testimony of one man equals that of five women. Women are required to cover the head and body in public, by wearing the hijab. Hijab is applied in different ways: a small scarf around the head and western street clothes may be acceptable in Cairo or Damascus but a full length opaque burqa was enforced in Taliban-ruled Afghanistan. As of 2008, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Pakistan are the most significant Middle Eastern countries where the government requires women to wear some form of restrictive garb, though cultural pressure in most Islamic countries offers women little choice but to submit to the dictat of hijab. Women who are claimed by their husbands or family to have disgraced their family are put to death in "honor killings"; buried halfway or sometimes up to their neck so they cannot run, women, who are in most cases victims, are stoned to death."

Rape Jihad

"Rape jihad (Arabic: تحرش جنسي, taharrush jinsi; sexual harassment) refers to the organized abduction, rape and/or enslavement of non-Muslim women or children[1]"

"...has been claimed that disparaging attitudes toward non-Muslim women and girls are promoted in some mosques[8] and that sexual predation of them is supported in religious text[9] as a form of sexual slavery sanctioned in Quranic scriptures, such as suras 4:24 and 33:50, in which sex is permitted with "Ma malakat aymanukum" (captive women).[10]"

On Human Rights

"Human rights is a serious issue in Islamic states. Islam is inherently opposed to human dignity, justice and equality....Human rights violations in Islamic regimes include torture, maiming, murder, oppression of women, minors and financially backward people. Freedom of religion has no place in Sharia.[2 ......Sharia code can be classified as a form of totalitarianism."

Source: Conservapedia,

Guy

If I, as an atheist accept that "exceptional" research from Conservapedia, would you accept their "ground-breaking" research on all issues Islam. Though I restrained myself not to post certain texts from Conservapedia because it might upset the "believers" here, therefore let me post few sanitised paragraphs, but yet critical of Islam that Conservapedia has to say about Islam. Fasten your seat-belt.

On Islam.

"Beyond extremists and Islamist terrorism at the global level, the root of evil is inherent in a physiologically violent and historically conflictual Islam."
"In truth, the Muslim apologists who say that Islam is the religion of peace are misleading the public." In Sura 8:12, the Koran says to those willing to impose their ideological belief on others, "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."[1] Sura 9:5 says of non-Muslims, "So when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters, wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush".[12] Sura 8:60 states, "And prepare against them what force you can and horses tied at the frontier, to terrorize thereby the enemy of Allah..."[14]

"Islam is a major world socio-political system based on the teachings of Muhammad (also identified as Mohammed), a seventh century Arab. Muhammad claimed descent from Ishmael, the son of Abraham. Muhammad claimed to have received revelations from Allah, the entity which adherents of Islam claim to also be the God of Judaism and Christianity, via the archangel Gabriel, which were written in the Koran - thus forming the core teachings of Islam. Adherents of Islam, along with their liberal allies (including in the mainstream media), claim it to be a "religion", although unlike Christianity, Judaism and other religions, Islam is presented and acts in ways opposite to the teachings of legitimate religions, but more akin to the totalitarian ideologies of Nazism and Communism, based on the history of Islam and its followers."

Doubts over authenticity of the Koran:

"In 2015 a carbon-dating of the oldest known Koran, the "Birmingham Koran", revealed that it actually pre-dated Mohammed,[40] which would obviously have tremendous implications for the religion of Islam."

On Mohamed;

"However, common criticisms of Mohamned are: his marriage to a nine-year-old girl was inappropriate; his authorization of the beating of disobedient wives given in the Quran is unacceptable; and he was a vengeful, man of war (Mohammed said, “If God gives me victory in Quraysh [Muhammad’s own tribe in Mecca] in the future, I will mutilate 30 of their men.”).[1]"

"Historical and contemporary accounts suggest Muhammad, the founder of Islam, owned many slaves. Muhammad never tried to abolish slavery, instead he himself became involved in the slave trade."

On Women;

"Women in Islam are treated as inferiors to men in almost every regard and women's rights are all but non-existent in Islam, a fact conveniently ignored by the ideology's liberal allies (including in feminism and the mainstream media). In Sharia, the testimony of one man equals that of five women. Women are required to cover the head and body in public, by wearing the hijab. Hijab is applied in different ways: a small scarf around the head and western street clothes may be acceptable in Cairo or Damascus but a full length opaque burqa was enforced in Taliban-ruled Afghanistan. As of 2008, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Pakistan are the most significant Middle Eastern countries where the government requires women to wear some form of restrictive garb, though cultural pressure in most Islamic countries offers women little choice but to submit to the dictat of hijab. Women who are claimed by their husbands or family to have disgraced their family are put to death in "honor killings"; buried halfway or sometimes up to their neck so they cannot run, women, who are in most cases victims, are stoned to death."

Rape Jihad

"Rape jihad (Arabic: تحرش جنسي, taharrush jinsi; sexual harassment) refers to the organized abduction, rape and/or enslavement of non-Muslim women or children[1]"

"...has been claimed that disparaging attitudes toward non-Muslim women and girls are promoted in some mosques[8] and that sexual predation of them is supported in religious text[9] as a form of sexual slavery sanctioned in Quranic scriptures, such as suras 4:24 and 33:50, in which sex is permitted with "Ma malakat aymanukum" (captive women).[10]"

On Human Rights

"Human rights is a serious issue in Islamic states. Islam is inherently opposed to human dignity, justice and equality....Human rights violations in Islamic regimes include torture, maiming, murder, oppression of women, minors and financially backward people. Freedom of religion has no place in Sharia.[2 ......Sharia code can be classified as a form of totalitarianism."

Source: Conservapedia,

I used the research they provide i have already posted a link with the research in details, published on the site of the researchers.
i only went their for the gateway to the research they posted on this subject, which they sourced an I could find in full detail.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Proof either written or told by someone he associated with, if not found that he will be considered the religion he publicly affiliated with.lets not draw baseless conclusions

Right, but you can't use the "every scientist in the past identified with a religion, therfore atheism can't be correlated with higher intelligence'' argument when everyone, regardless of actual personal beliefs, identified with the dominant religion of their culture out of necessity. I'm not saying atheists are more intelligent, i'm simply saying your counter argument is flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts