Arranged marriage is good, so are casual relationships.

My immediate thought after watching this is, why not both?

see If you have a best friend that you get along with, who shares the same values and world views and economical dreams, why don't you come together under marriage? you don't necessarily have sex or intimate feelings. Just be partners that support each other emotionally and economically- marriage is a contract that you promise to keep since it's based on this thought out, stable reasoning and not fleeting emotions, it doesn't get broken if someone loses feelings, a dead bedroom or a fling.... think about it- friends and acquaintances often last longer because the personality traits you like about them don't change. You simply have a good time, you can fight and disagree with your friends but don't need to check in to see if you like them any less after. You don't have feelings for these people, you're their friend because you have a good time. If you're laughing together next week it's okay since this little vault of emotions isn't being affected.

if you are in love, however, fighting too much means that you eventually break up. It doesn't matter if you're okay a week later. Each little argument tears at the romance between you till its completely torn and you leave since that's the only reason you were married. compatibility and love are not the same, love is emotions, therefore love is inherently unstable since emotions are as well.
idk

on the other side, you're free to get a significant other that you love, the one you actually have feelings for. The idea of a relationship can change. We don't have to keep dating if we don't feel happy RIGHT NOW. our feelings are in the center. we're not extrapolating and thinking about whether or not this is someone we could marry, someone that can provide for us financially, can cook for us don't need to pick and choose a partner based on rationality: that person support blanks and is blank so i shouldn't go for them since its more likely that we will break up. This doesn't matter, you just want passion and love in its purest form - the moment it's gone you leave. You don't keep wasting your time on couple therapy because "we've known each other for so long :/ let's keep it going". The only relationships based purely on love are the ones where both partner's feelings always are there, not almost gone or pending. Most marriages aren't like this since people fall in and out of it but force it for commitment's sake, no one experiences the honeymoon twice lol. Casual relationships are purer.

this video just made me curious, what do you guys think?? I am just rambling so I bet a lot of this isn't logically consistent.

i mean our parents are definitely right about some things :yacadiim:

i am not muslim so i'll be having a lot of short but good-times (WINK WINK) either way :samwelcome:

but maybe arranged marriage wasn't that bad?? idk

I don't believe in arranged marriages, but my family knows this other somali family who has a daughter my age and she is a bad ting. and she isn't a either.

I lowkey might have to hit her up in some years.

Sooo... you marry your best friend because you have attachment issues and think they'll never leave you? While you also go on to fall in love with other people but it's okay if it ends bad, because you have the security of the other guy.

It's not guaranteed they'll stay with you for a long time, they could get bored or fall out with you too. Not a good strategy imo. Also nothing wrong with arranged marriage too (if it's consensual).

Sooo... you marry your best friend because you have attachment issues and think they'll never leave you? While you also go on to fall in love with other people but it's okay if it ends bad, because you have the security of the other guy.

It's not guaranteed they'll stay with you for a long time, they could get bored or fall out with you too. Not a good strategy imo. Also nothing wrong with arranged marriage too (if it's consensual).

yeah i didn't adress the fact that friendships also end because of boredom, but i was imagining it be like the relationships our parents and grandparents had and not an actual 2k19 friendship. You're kinda forced to stay together by your elders, but lowkey know its better for you: kids, money, a good home and stability. This time cold hard logic is the driving force.

YES! you both simultaneously have a very free love life. *It would be harder for a Muslim or Christain waiting till marriage to have these side endeavors tho since they'd have to marry each time*

yeah i didn't adress the fact that friendships also end because of boredom, but i was imagining it be like the relationships our parents and grandparents had and not an actual 2k19 friendship. You're kinda forced to stay together by your elders, but lowkey know its better for you: kids, money, a good home and stability. This time cold hard logic is the driving force.

YES! you both simultaneously have a very free love life. *It would be harder for a Muslim or Christain waiting till marriage to have these side endeavors tho since they'd have to marry each time*

Hmm.. I personally disagree with everything you're saying, I can't imagine being married to someone I don't love.
Never heard of a Somali who is into open relationships, how unique lol

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
i mean our parents are definitely right about some things

i am not muslim so i'll be having a lot of short but good-times (WINK WINK) either way

but maybe arranged marriage wasn't that bad?? idk

tumblr_nzc7dzRnJH1r12e7ro1_500.gifv

srry laakin

tumblr_nzotnyHlNp1r12e7ro1_500.gifv

Hmm.. I personally disagree with everything you're saying, I can't imagine being married to someone I don't love.

I was really going to leave a youtube comment but got into it and remembered this forum existed. Not my beliefs either, but monogamy is boring.

Love is after marriage not before, anything else is just lust, the ayah in the quran is very explicit about this, those emotions are controlled by the most high, he flips it how he wants.

If you seek is through illegitimate means you will only be burned by it, even tough you may perceive it to be as something good.

Love is after marriage not before, anything else is just lust, the ayah in the quran is very explicit about this, those emotions are controlled by the most high, he flips it how he wants.

If you seek is through illegitimate means you will only be burned by it, even tough you may perceive it to be as something good.

Oh my bad, should have worded it better. I mean if I don't see myself loving the guy after marriage. Marrying him just to be his friend and have no sexual contact with him is weird to me

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
wait!!! if you read between the lines you'll find some pro-Islamic-teachings-love-nuggets. :)

Despite the similarity to some islamic teachings your world view is based on a philosophy that is opposed to the islamic one which is why we will never come to an agreement when you advocate for suggestions or views that go against what islam teaches. This is a reality that can't be ignored

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
Arranged marriages can work if both parties have a mutual attraction , and the biggest is that they set rules and standards from the get to, they come together like it’s a business transactions . That’s why it lasts longer.

‘Love marriages’ as most people call it sometimes are based On just lust and sex and not the realities of marriage like , where do we want our kids to go to school? Will the wife be able to work ? Etc but with arranged marriages I find that discussion happens FROM THE JUMP, but the downside would be maybe they aren’t that sexually attracted to each other.

Just what I observed.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby

this debunks your fn shapes theory.
alxamdullilah I still have hope.You really don't know how happy I am:rejoice::rejoice:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I'll be the master of arranged marriages. All my children will be married by 15 and to either the children of my brothers or the children of my cousins. Only elite families practise arranged marriages:win:

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
I'll be the master of arranged marriages. All my children will be married by 15 and to either my bros children or the children of my cousins. Only elite families practise arranged marriages:win:
plaese don't torture you grandkids by making your kids marry their cousins

I'll be the master of arranged marriages. All my children will be married by 15 and to either the children of my brothers or the children of my cousins. Only elite families practise arranged marriages:win:

You're a guy born in the west with children born in the west. What makes you think they won't be more liberal than you?

Trending