Are you related to this Somali vlogger?

There are ethnic Somalis and assimilated Somalis. Ethnic Somalis comprise the major clans. Somalis often tell the story of having come from Yemen/Saudi Arabia or wherever, but I don't buy it - Y-haplotype studies demonstrate an indigenous native population in Greater Somalia that has nearly no foreign Y-chromosome influence (i.e., modern ethnic Somalis are a unique group whose fathers at the very least were indigenous to the land).

I think over the past millennium or so, several peoples of various backgrounds would embrace Islam and come under Somali protection and end up being adopted as an entire clan by a Somali clan. By the 14th century, Somalis were importing slaves from Mozambique who would give rise to the modern Somali Bantu, while other tribes descended from Arab and Persian traders and their families, who intermixed with Portuguese soldiers turned slaves captured during the Ajuraan-Portuguese Wars, giving rise to the modern Somali caad caad tribes. I think these "cultural Somalis" are the Somalis today who look a little different from your typical ethnic Somali. Just a theory - open to any other ideas. I'd take it with a grain of salt though - most of us probably know of someone from your own tribe who doesn't quite look Somali.
Benadiris have no Portugese admixture

Bro Apollo this is highly unethical. There is nothing more private than someone's DNA results. I don't think you should have it here.

Let her be the one to post it here if she wants, but not anyone else.

Apollo

VIP
Bro Apollo this is highly unethical. There is nothing more private than someone's DNA results. I don't think you should have it here.

Let her be the one to post it here if she wants, but not anyone else.

She already posted about it on youtube and social media. And she is a public personality. It's not like I posted her detailed alleles, just some basic stuff.

Yes I am.

I was told that Somalis are related to 80% of all Somalis in some way, which explains why many of us are each other's cousins on that site.

Trending