Are you related to this Somali vlogger?

I see they updated my genetics and now it says 97% Somali and the remainder comes from Somali-Ethiopia region. Must be a reference to my Cagdheer roots. This DNA bs is messing with my head.

At least I am 99% EV32, the dominant Somali true bloods of East Africa. Shisheeyoow bal dhinac iga mar oo laydha isii. Aawaye kuwii lagu sixray carab iyo waxaa?

:camby:

Apollo

VIP
I see they updated my genetics and now it says 97% Somali and the remainder comes from Somali-Ethiopia region. Must be a reference to my Cagdheer roots. This DNA bs is messing with my head.

At least I am 99% EV32, the dominant Somali true bloods of East Africa. Shisheeyoow bal dhinac iga mar oo laydha isii. Aawaye kuwii lagu sixray carab iyo waxaa?

:camby:

You are a typical Somali, no admixture.

95-99% Somali and 0-5% Ethiopian-Eritrean = this is the range for unadmixed Somalis. Everything outside this range is due to admixture.

You are a typical Somali, no admixture.

95-99% Somali and 0-5% Ethiopian-Eritrean = this is the range for unadmixed Somalis. Everything outside this range is due to admixture.

So, it is 100% then? They suck at details. Must be the somalis who registered their location as Ethiopia confusing these idiots who run the database. How can they not understand same ethnic group can live in separate lands?

Cool;. I am pure Somali.

:banderas:

LOOK HERE, MY RELATIVES IN THAT WEBSITE, LORD HAVE MERCY.

I have 309 Somali Relatives. The entire members on that website who did the testing are my third, fourth, and second cousins. Dude.
:dead:

upload_2019-10-23_14-50-18.png

He's likely not Afar. I was joking around. E-V6 is just common in Afars. I will ask for the clan. We'll see.

There are members there whom I share 9 segments of DNA with them. Those are listed as second to third cousins. The list of segments goes down to 1 and that usually says .1% to .25% DNA shared. Those are listed as 4th, 5th etc.

My impression about this is that All somalis are relatives and share common distant Ayeeyo and Awoowe. They married from each other and branched out then formed today's clans.

Some impressive truth outside the myths in our society.

Last edited:
Her clan is Geledi. This is the second Geledi result I have come across that seems to have Yemeni admixture. Is this common in the Geledi clan?
I have no idea I learned about that and most Somali clan names on here. It would make sense though since they ruled Benadir right?
I always assumed Afars were a somali clan up there in Ethiopia. Are they not part of the Dir clan? Excuse my ignorance.

I associated them with the "Ciise, Half Of Issaqs, Gudabiirsi"etc.
I doubt this represents real Afars. Probably an Afarized Somali.

I think @James Dahl once gave a break down on here of true Afar clans and Afarized people.

Her clan is Geledi. This is the second Geledi result I have come across that seems to have Yemeni admixture. Is this common in the Geledi clan?

Perhaps her family in Lower Shabelle live near Yemeni/Omani farmers. There's quite a few of them in that region and in Baay, they've been there for at least 3 centuries. Perhaps it's admixture from Ashraaf who live on the border between those 2 aforementioned regions.

I'm more surprised by the lack of 'Bantu' DNA considering the Geledi were/are the Somali clan with the most slaves. Id go as far as to say there are more Geledi Madows than Geledi Somalis. Just go to Lower Shabelle, more than 50% of the inhabitants are Madows.

Perhaps her family in Lower Shabelle live near Yemeni/Omani farmers. There's quite a few of them in that region and in Baay, they've been there for at least 3 centuries. Perhaps it's admixture from Ashraaf who live on the border between those 2 aforementioned regions.

I'm more surprised by the lack of 'Bantu' DNA considering the Geledi were/are the Somali clan with the most slaves. Id go as far as to say there are more Geledi Madows than Geledi Somalis. Just go to Lower Shabelle, more than 50% of the inhabitants are Madows.

Unlike almost every other group on earth, Somalis didn't really mix with their slaves - Somalis back in the day bred fairly exclusively with Somalis, so much so that the British and Italians would only hire Somalis to work as guards in their homes when they were away from home as they didn't trust Indians, Arabs, or other Africans with their wives - Somali men considered breeding with Europeans repugnant and only found Somali/Horn women attractive, so there was no risk of him doing anything with the guy's wife

Macalin M

Out here
Unlike almost every other group on earth, Somalis didn't really mix with their slaves - Somalis back in the day bred fairly exclusively with Somalis, so much so that the British and Italians would only hire Somalis to work as guards in their homes when they were away from home as they didn't trust Indians, Arabs, or other Africans with their wives - Somali men considered breeding with Europeans repugnant and only found Somali/Horn women attractive, so there was no risk of him doing anything with the guy's wife
Once you go East African, Beckys are a downgrade.

Then why do tunnis of the shabelles and jubbas look mixed?

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP

Mixing with Madows is pretty rare in somalia even among the clans that owned them as slaves

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
There’s one tunni subclan that’s admixed like reer barawa folks if I’m not mistaken, same with sheekhaals and the admixed gendershe subclan, the rest of tunni’s are pure somali

There are ethnic Somalis and assimilated Somalis. Ethnic Somalis comprise the major clans. Somalis often tell the story of having come from Yemen/Saudi Arabia or wherever, but I don't buy it - Y-haplotype studies demonstrate an indigenous native population in Greater Somalia that has nearly no foreign Y-chromosome influence (i.e., modern ethnic Somalis are a unique group whose fathers at the very least were indigenous to the land).

I think over the past millennium or so, several peoples of various backgrounds would embrace Islam and come under Somali protection and end up being adopted as an entire clan by a Somali clan. By the 14th century, Somalis were importing slaves from Mozambique who would give rise to the modern Somali Bantu, while other tribes descended from Arab and Persian traders and their families, who intermixed with Portuguese soldiers turned slaves captured during the Ajuraan-Portuguese Wars, giving rise to the modern Somali caad caad tribes. I think these "cultural Somalis" are the Somalis today who look a little different from your typical ethnic Somali. Just a theory - open to any other ideas. I'd take it with a grain of salt though - most of us probably know of someone from your own tribe who doesn't quite look Somali.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Id probably get such a result too on 23andme. She looks cute cause of the Arab admix mashallah waa wax lagu faani karo

Trending