Are you currently in a relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Well relationship happen why are you angry at what two people are doing private, are you a brown nosed person ? Sniffing and telling people off ? Get a life
:faysalwtf:
"How do Somali muslims reconcile their haram relationship with the deen?"
There is zero anger there. It's a question, a fair question aimed towards said group of people.
Take it easy. Calm down.

Well relationship happen why are you angry at what two people are doing private, are you a brown nosed person ? Sniffing and telling people off ? Get a life
?? did i say something that offended you?
I was rather objective when i asked that question, didnt really attach any (negative/personal) feelings on to it.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Have you been in a relation with a (Somali) Guy ?o_O
I never been in a relationship with the opposite sex, just don't have the time. I do admire men from afar but never mingled with them. Although I have a Young man, or shall I say admirer in Somalia who articulately writes his undying love for me, however I am in no position to look for a relationship yet.

@Sarah136 @AfricanWarrior
I completer agree morally/religously but the reason is that while back home people used to get married young to prevent them from commiting zina in the western society (Somali) people are marrying later and putting school and career first (which is a Good thing!) but as side effect it has created a longing for romantic relationships without being pulled down by marriage, children etc. Because they are not ready yet.
And considering the highly sexualised western society its almost impossible for these relationships not to happen, Somali men are especially weak to it.

Jeesto

VIP
I never been in a relationship with the opposite sex, just don't have the time. I do admire men from afar but never mingled with them. Although I have a Young man, or shall I say admirer in Somalia who articulately writes his undying love for me, however I am in no position to look for a relationship yet.
Haye, have you been in a relationship with a xaliimo then? :diddyass::dabcasar:

Jeesto

VIP
Nope. We broke up about a year ago and i'm not looking to get into another relationship atm. I'm enjoying the single life and focusing on my studies.

Sarah136

Hot and cold
@Sarah136 @AfricanWarrior
I completer agree morally/religously but the reason is that while back home people used to get married young to prevent them from commiting zina in the western society (Somali) people are marrying later and putting school and career first (which is a Good thing!) but as side effect it has created a longing for romantic relationships without being pulled down by marriage, children etc. Because they are not ready yet.
And considering the highly sexualised western society its almost impossible for these relationships not to happen, Somali men are especially weak to it.

I have never longed for a relationship neither have sisters I personally know. Those who fear zina decide to marry. I guess it depends on taqwa one has for allah. Once you understand how heavy the sins are of a haram relationship you wouldn't want to associate yourself with such burden. But yes sadly it has become a common thing in the western countries.

i wonder how somali-muslims on here reconcile with their haram relationship and the deen?

Hard to stay away from something that's natural like that for too long, the way young Muslims are expected to nowadays. Muslim parents want their kids to follow all the religious rules such not interacting with the opposite gender unless necessary, not having friends of the opposite gender, and staying a virgin till marriage yet they also delay marriage (which goes against the religious teachings, lol) and expect their kids to stay in school for years. This doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.