Are there any Somalis who are an atheist?

Ramen

🌸
Because I simply cannot believe in Islam. When you realise “Allah” drops a new rule whenever the prophet suffers misfortune you’ll start laughing kkkkkk

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
War what do you not understand? Let me give an example for you;

Malays and Visayans (an Ethnic Group in Philipines) are genetically the same people. But Malays are ethnoreligious Muslims while Visayans are ethnoreligious Roman Catholics. Why?

The ethno religious Malay-Muslim become a thing because it unified their people from various belief to resist Portuguese Catholic conversion. The Philippines lost to Spain. So most Visayans convert to Catholicism. The stubborn one flee to the south to keep their faith and defend their land & became the ethnoreligious Moro-Muslims.

This is how 3 groups: Moro, Malay, Visayans that are genetically the same became an distinct ethnicity for centuries due to adopting a religon that didn't even originate with them. Somalis having been Muslim for over a millenia have an even stronger ethnoreligious identity than Moros.

Whether you actually believe in Islam is irrelevant, because you were born Somali you will always be a Muslim. You can be a self hating Muslim, a Muslim in denial, etc, I don't care.

A Somali Muslim is more likely to feel a lot more closer to a Syrian-Muslim: that’s a no-brainer; since they both share the same deity and beliefs.

They’ll fight for the same common belief: but how can they differentiate against each other?…..

Simple: culture, language, history and race.

A Syrian won’t understand nor relate about: Somali poets, Somali history, Somali cultural weddings and Somali Folklores; only a Somali would; because they descend from the same ancestry. religious or not.

Since Islam is Universal; you’d feel religiously closer to a Jamaican revert but when you speak Somali, go to a Somali cultural wedding festivals; that’s when the wind hit fan.

Last edited:
A Somali Muslim is more likely to feel a lot more closer to a Syrian-Muslim: that’s a no-brainer; since they both share the same deity and beliefs.

They’ll fight for the same common belief: but how can they differentiate against each other?…..

Simple: culture, language, history and race.

A Syrian won’t understand nor relate about: Somali poets, Somali history, Somali cultural weddings and Somali Folklores; only a Somali would; because they descend from the same ancestry. religious or not.

Since Islam is Universal; you’d feel religiously closer to a Jamaican revert but when you speak Somali, go to a Somali cultural wedding festivals; that’s when the wind hit fan.
Somalis are the only people who will turn their backs on someone from their own country for not believing. It's quite fascinating seeing them claim that someone who doesn't believe is no longer somali yet you try tell any other country that has religious folk in it and they will laugh at this idea. Ana arabs never fail to make me laugh. You think you have more in common with some Bosnian muslim over a somali non believer?. That Bosnian will laugh in your face and pick his own countrymen over you every time. Same with a morrocan, Egyptian, Gulf Arab etc... We the only niggas to screech "BuT BuT tHE OnE UmMaH" .

Somalis are the only people who will turn their backs on someone from their own country for not believing. It's quite fascinating seeing them claim that someone who doesn't believe is no longer somali yet you try tell any other country that has religious folk in it and they will laugh at this idea. Ana arabs never fail to make me laugh. You think you have more in common with some Bosnian muslim over a somali non believer?. That Bosnian will laugh in your face and pick his own countrymen over you every time. Same with a morrocan, Egyptian, Gulf Arab etc... We the only niggas to screech "BuT BuT tHE OnE UmMaH" .
The problem also comes with that they really think we are 100% Muslim country lol .

I don't know if this true I heard we have one of the highest % of people becoming apostates in the west

:mybusiness:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Turkey is another traditionally 100% Muslim country and sees Islam part of ethnic identity, yet their disbelievers are not excluded from the ethnicity??

:hmm:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Turkey is another traditionally 100% Muslim country and sees Islam part of ethnic identity, yet their disbelievers are not excluded from the ethnicity??

:hmm:

War nobody in real life considers murtads non-Somali. This is some online zealot stuff or isolated to some few zealous Sheikhs nobody takes seriously on this issue. I was myself introduced to a Jabuutian adeer everyone knew had converted to Christianity in his youth and no one remotely questioned he was Somali. What are we to call him when he speaks the language, is a Djibouti passport holder and looks stereotypical? Axmaar? Naga dhaaf. You could see people found his religious choices reprehensible and backbit abundantly but if you insisted he wasn't Somali the reaction would be:

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

The problem also comes with that they really think we are 100% Muslim country lol .

I don't know if this true I heard we have one of the highest % of people becoming apostates in the west

:mybusiness:

Shout out Sheikh Rageeh. All jokes aside this video explains the wave of apostasy in the somali community and then niggas have the nerve to say they ain't somali no mo. Since when is not agreeing with an ideology something that changes ya blood. 68iq niggas running wild.

War nobody in real life considers murtads non-Somali. This is some online zealot stuff or isolated to some few zealous Sheikhs nobody takes seriously on this issue. I was myself introduced to a Jabuutian adeer everyone knew had converted to Christianity in his youth and no one remotely questioned he was Somali. What are we to call him when he speaks the language, is a Djibouti passport holder and looks stereotypical? Axmaar? Naga dhaaf. You could see people found his religious choices reprehensible and backbit abundantly but if you insisted he wasn't Somali the reaction would be:

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

I swear we all know that one or two abti/adeer who secretly loved red wine and never prayed but would come through for eid or jumma here and there. He was living his best life but no one ever dared bring up the elephant in the room or when he would make some questionable claims about the deen. Only Gen Z and their ana arab avi on twitter be barking mad about the concept of a non-religious somali not being somali.

Shocked Surprise GIF by Catfish MTV

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I swear we all know that one or two abti/adeer who secretly loved red wine and never prayed but would come through for eid or jumma here and there. He was living his best life but no one ever dared bring up the elephant in the room or when he would make some questionable claims about the deen. Only Gen Z and their ana arab avi on twitter be barking mad about the concept of a non-religious somali not being somali.

Shocked Surprise GIF by Catfish MTV

I have some such uncles mainly on my mother's as her side was rather aristocratic by Somali standards during the pre-civil war era. Educations in Italy and the USSR. You know the story:

I had a hilarious uncle who was in a relationship with this cadaan woman for a long time. She was honestly a nice lady and head over heels for him so my mother asked him why he wouldn't just marry her and he goes "Let me tell you, there are two kinds of women in the world, one you mistress and one you wife. She is a mistress."

Most of my fam is very religious and serious, wallahi. But there are some funny characters in the mix. I had another uncle who went to Russia for his university studies, this was pre-civil war and returned to become a Judge in Xamar. Unfortunately he picked up a love of khamr in the USSR and apparently even fell deeply in love with a Russian woman who's heart he shattered into a million pieces before returning home because he of course could not marry an ajanabi. He would often tell my mom about how all the messed up stuff that happened to him after that was just desserts for breaking her little blue eyed heart.

There have been some suspected irreligious types in my family or among family friends even among the older generation. Adeers who drink, are never really seen praying or going to the masjid and who get all standoffish if you bring up deen related subjects but nobody has ever dared outright accuse them of apostasy and they'd likely vehemently deny it if you did. If they are atheists they are ultimately private and quiet about it and most of the family doesn't really care as a result.

No cap, these were some of my favorite uncles as a kid. Not cos of their irreligiousity but because they were often treasure troves of absurd stories.

:pachah1:

I don't understand your question.

The west is non religious, so its not suprising for people to become irreligious.
People inevitably conform to their surrounding culture and beliefs. The only exception would be persecuted groups like the Ashkenazi Jews

Because I simply cannot believe in Islam. When you realise “Allah” drops a new rule whenever the prophet suffers misfortune you’ll start laughing kkkkkk

Can you elaborate on your observation? it is possible that your perception of whatever you are referring to as rules change are not really that unusual. We all perceive things differently as human beings. There is nothing special about yours. When people do not question their fallacy, it is a sign of their delusions.

I'm an agnostic but pretty atheist when it comes to the existing Gods and religions today. Mainly don't believe in Islam cause of the scientific inaccuracies in the Quran, like the creation story etc. I'd actually like for there to be some kind of hereafter but obviously I don't know what's going to happen when I die and that's okay.

I'm an agnostic but pretty atheist when it comes to the existing Gods and religions today. Mainly don't believe in Islam cause of the scientific inaccuracies in the Quran, like the creation story etc. I'd actually like for there to be some kind of hereafter but obviously I don't know what's going to happen when I die and that's okay.

What creation story is inaccurate in the Quran? You are most likely repeating what you heard and have no clue about what you are talking about. Nonetheless, try to be credible by pointing out inaccuracies.

People declaring their disagreement and disbelief in something they don't know personally can not be a substitute for facts.

What kpop does to a nigga

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
What creation story is inaccurate in the Quran? You are most likely repeating what you heard and have no clue about what you are talking about. Nonetheless, try to be credible by pointing out inaccuracies.

People declaring their disagreement and disbelief in something they don't know personally can not be a substitute for facts.
Why do you guys have such a hard time believing someone may not find islam accurate? You don’t need to know the ins & outs of a religion to leave it.

Why do you guys have such a hard time believing someone may not find islam accurate? You don’t need to know the ins & outs of a religion to leave it.

There is difference between facts and fiction. Not accepting Islam for any reason is legit but making false claims as to why that is, is a different ballgame altogether. At issue here is people making false claims about Islam for their rejection.

You my need to refine your English comprehension BTW.

It doesn't bother me if all humanity rejects God. I decide for myself. No lies and unfounded proclamations about Islam. That is the civilized way.

Trending

Latest posts