Are there any Somalis who are an atheist?

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
If so, why?

what made you not believe in a God?

do you think you’ll die and perish; with no traces and not receive any rewards in the hereafter?

the somali atheists i have come across are very extreme islamophobes. idk what their thoughts are on the hereafter etc because all they talk about is their hatred of islam. the few i know who are normal just don’t believe in god but still use terms like mashallah/inshallah and occasionally celebrate eid like how caadan atheists celebrate christmas, they’re nice people who don’t bother others

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
the somali atheists i have come across are very extreme islamophobes. idk what their thoughts are on the hereafter etc because all they talk about is their hatred of islam. the few i know who are normal just don’t believe in god but still use terms like mashallah/inshallah and occasionally celebrate eid like how caadan atheists celebrate christmas, they’re nice people who don’t bother others
It is mainly because many gaal somalis see islam as the reason y somali culture has become arabized in recent years. Besides alot them see that non black muslims can be quite racist so they blame it on islam.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Like 50% of this god forsaken site are kaafirs
Not just on this site in real life too. 😂My hooyo told me she once had a somali woman in english learning class who had become an orthodox christian. And try to preach to my hooyo she had to shut her down real quick.:meleshame:

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
For me: I feel like there’s a potential creator who does watches his creations; but he also wants the best for them.

Where he could test his best creations the thing they could offer for mankind:

Us as humans we go through a lot of trials and tribulations; e.g it can be financial difficulties, political controversies and religious differences any test can be subjected through trials and tribulations amongst mankind.

The most basic physiological flaws we have; is: envy and arrogance.

This clearly leads to a lot of disasters and conflicts.

It is mainly because many gaal somalis see islam as the reason y somali culture has become arabized in recent years. Besides alot them see that non black muslims can be quite racist so they blame it on islam.
yes, i see that often and i agree with them about our culture. however, a lot of them are hypocrites; they’ll say islam is an anti-madow religion but when a madow person comes for somali’s they’re quick to use slurs against them. i’ve seen quite a few somali atheists on tiktok like that nowadays: anti-arab and anti-black. i like them though because they’re very pro-somali

Lost people. They drank the koolaid of liberalism and new atheism. Sometimes they’re marxists as well. At the end of the day you will follow an ideology, political or religious as if it’s your deen. However one is man made, the other is not. Pick you religon and choose wisely

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
yes, i see that often and i agree with them about our culture. however, a lot of them are hypocrites; they’ll say islam is an anti-madow religion but when a madow person comes for somali’s they’re quick to use slurs against them. i’ve seen quite a few somali atheists on tiktok like that nowadays: anti-arab and anti-black. i like them though because they’re very pro-somali
I find it ironic since some somalis will say u cant be somali if ur not muslim. Yet it be the same niggas would be dickriding arabs of to the sunset. One thing I despise is ppl of other religions still get to preserve their culture but if your muslim u start to lose urs.

Agnostic, I don't really care about islam. To each their own I geuss, just find it quite despairful to see how much hatred and prejudice somali "muslims" have for their fellow somalis just because they believe in a different creator. Killing and imprisoning innocent somalis because they're atheist/christian/ practise waaq, while also feeling entitled for gaalo cadaans to give you religious freedom in the west is just ironic.

Agnostic, I don't really care about islam. To each their own I geuss, just find it quite despairful to see how much hatred and prejudice somali "muslims" have for their fellow somalis just because they believe in a different creator. Killing and imprisoning innocent somalis because they're atheist/christian/ practise waaq, while also feeling entitled for gaalo cadaans to give you religious freedom in the west is just ironic.
Which Somali community back home even practises waaq for them to get ‘targeted’ :kodaksmiley: I swear ppl on this site just say anything . Worshipping waaq in 21st century is something dayuusbaro kids came up with online to seem quirky

Lost people. They drank the koolaid of liberalism and new atheism. Sometimes they’re marxists as well. At the end of the day you will follow an ideology, political or religious as if it’s your deen. However one is man made, the other is not. Pick you religon and choose wisely
You say this yet you bow down to the white men to let you in to their gaalo countries, if you despise liberalism and atheist so much why not seek refugee to middle Eastern/gulf nations?

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
I honestly don’t care if somalis don’t claim non muslim somalis. These xoolo have the same hatred for other fellow somali muslims due to qabil.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Which Somali community back home even practises waaq for them to get ‘targeted’ :kodaksmiley: I swear ppl on this site just say anything . Worshipping waaq in 21st century is something dayuusbaro kids came up with online to seem quirky
I don’t even think oromos in ethiopia worship waaq anymore. It a dead religion, ppl r only tryna revive it due to arabization.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Idk about Waaq but you have a sizeable Christian community living here among the diaspora. Most of them didn’t even convert to Christianity which was odd to me, apparently Christianity entered Somalia in the 3rd century or something and just a handful people accepted the gospel, most rejected it.

they came here during the late 80s and 90s to get away from Somalia, an old couple told me that when shit went down back then, they knew that they would have been targeted and seek refuge immediately elsewhere since people were getting antagonised and those who were minorities, were being targeted according to them.

You had afterwards folks who refused to leave there home, but I think ultimately almost all off them are gone since the uprising off al-Shabaab in the mid 2000s & the executions.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Anyway, I am a Muslim, but I also keep in mind that anything can happen in the after life.

Maybe, another religious group was right after all? Or maybe no religion was right and we all had it wrong! The world is an interesting place and people are most off the time religious, so that they don’t feel alone and have someone to talk to.

Trending