Are there any Somalis who are an atheist?

Kratos

Sonder
If so, why?

what made you not believe in a God?

do you think you’ll die and perish; with no traces and not receive any rewards in the hereafter?

- If so, why?
Technically I'm agnostic but I think the orthodox Islamic view of God is untenable. Growing up my only experience with religion and god was orthodox Islam and Christianity so when I left Islam, I became an atheist because my idea of god was very much rooted in the Abrahamic traditions. I become agnostic over time after being exposed to other ideas and different forms of spirituality.

- What made you not believe in a God?
For me it was mainly because the religion and its conception of God were so evidently man-made. Felt like I had to lie to myself to believe this religion came from god and was not the product of a particular culture.

- Do you think you’ll die and perish; with no traces and not receive any rewards in the hereafter?
Not sure what happens when we die, but I'm 99% certain that there won't be virgins with skin so white you can see their bone marrow waiting for any of us in heaven.

On that note though you can search the internet for the experiences of people who have been declared dead and then resuscitated. It seems pretty peaceful. Or maybe we just don't meet Malak al-Mawt until all of our brain cells die after death.

Half of the people here are atheists to the point that I thought I was in a group of ex-Muslims At first
not that many. There are a few that are atheists or agnostics, then about a third of the people on here are "liberal/feminist Muslims." They are the loudest of the bunch, and everyone else is normal.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Half of the people here are atheists to the point that I thought I was in a group of ex-Muslims At first
I am pretty sure there were alot more gaal somalis on this forum 3-4 yrs ago. Not so much now

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
Lost people. They drank the koolaid of liberalism and new atheism. Sometimes they’re marxists as well. At the end of the day you will follow an ideology, political or religious as if it’s your deen. However one is man made, the other is not. Pick you religon and choose wisely

I did a little study on: atheism and depression.

Both an Atheist and a Christian were being tested: on who has the highest form of depression.

Just to clarify the chart numbers on who has the highest depression scores to lowest: 3.2 is lowest score, 3.4 is the slightest, 4.0 is semi; while 6.0 is the highest score.

D5F8FDFE-0D1D-48CF-9CCF-7BD040F4CE03.jpeg

I was surprised when I found out: a person who’s slightly religious is more likely to experience depression than a person who’s an atheist.

Link to the post:

Last edited:
There are different paths to atheism

Those who are persuaded by scientific explanations

Those who suffer great injustices that wouldn’t be permitted by a benevolent God

Feminist that don’t like the position of women in Islam

People that find Islamic guidance too strict

People that find inconsistencies within Islamic texts

People that find things Muslims have done unappealing (terrorism, LGBT persecution etc.)

etc.

They exist but most of them will not be open about it. You'd be suprised how many somalis are closeted non muslims
Half of my friends are just Muslim in case someone asks them what they are or when Eid comes around n whatever, most young Somali kids unless they hang around other religious kids, aren’t really doing the 5 prayers, making dua all the time, donating to religious causes, etc. a lot of them will cite past trauma with parents dugsi and whatnot

I am pretty sure there were alot more gaal somalis on this forum 3-4 yrs ago. Not so much now

most Somali murtards are angry hooyo made them wake up for tookasho or mad that they had to turn off their fortnite so they could go to dugsi. They grow out of it.

Anyway, I am a Muslim, but I also keep in mind that anything can happen in the after life.

Maybe, another religious group was right after all? Or maybe no religion was right and we all had it wrong!

to be a muslim you have to %100 believe Allah exists and he is the one true creator. Doubting his presence shows weak Iman wll. No religion makes sense like Islam

Dont let shaytaan piss in ur ears and read more if you find urself entertaining possibilities

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
True Christianity is falling because they are so tolerant to point it become a clear sign of weakness.

Jews and Muslims are more conservative and self-respecting.

something modern Christians don’t have unfortunately.

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
What do I think of them?

1. they are muslims going through a phase

2. They are ajnabis that need to stop appropriating my ethnicity. Or else beerahan ka tumii doona wallahi.

Why? Because somali murtads/gaals/exmuslims are not real. They are a figment of your imagination.

I think I got virtual rabies from this thread

Trending