Are there any Somalis who are an atheist?

Northern Swordsman

Tawxiid Alle lahaw, Talo na Alle saaro.
Anyway, I am a Muslim, but I also keep in mind that anything can happen in the after life.

Maybe, another religious group was right after all? Or maybe no religion was right and we all had it wrong! The world is an interesting place and people are most off the time religious, so that they don’t feel alone and have someone to talk to.
Do you actually believe this? This is Kufr, may Allah guide you.

Which Somali community back home even practises waaq for them to get ‘targeted’ :kodaksmiley: I swear ppl on this site just say anything . Worshipping waaq in 21st century is something dayuusbaro kids came up with online to seem quirky
It's literally a lost belief to somalis the only way to even pick it up is to go and do it the oromo way 🤣

There are different paths to atheism

Those who are persuaded by scientific explanations

Those who suffer great injustices that wouldn’t be permitted by a benevolent God

Feminist that don’t like the position of women in Islam

People that find Islamic guidance too strict

People that find inconsistencies within Islamic texts

People that find things Muslims have done unappealing (terrorism, LGBT persecution etc.)

etc.

These are all positions/paths to atheism based on assumptions about Islam regarding each subject line in your post. And some in the list are unproven claims about Islam.

Bottom line is, IGNORANCE about Islam FIRST then CLAIM against Islam based on THAT IGNORANCE. This trend is common to all atheists. All their arguments from science to Islamic texts are claims they make without proof against Islam or on behalf of science itself.

Question:

- How can someone be persuaded scientifically that there is no Creator? Where in science, does it prove that there is no supreme being who created nature? If someone can drop the scientific argument for this question, would be nice.

I would like those who are informed atheists to answer this question.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Your comment makes absolute no sense.

Do better mate.
Trying to seperate Somalinimo from Islam is impossible mate.

Cannot stress this enough: Somalis are only a ethnic group because of Islam

The distance between a Somali Muslim & a Gaal is the same as a Malay to a Filipino.

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world

The distance between a Somali Muslim & a Gaal is the same as a Malay to a Filipino.

If Islam was founded by Somalis: if there were a Somali prophet that spreads a new faith and a new culture; like ‘judaism’ I would’ve agree with you.

but no: Somalis don’t fall to that category unfortunately.

:zhqjlmx:

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world

“Trying to seperate Somalinimo from Islam is impossible mate.”

What Somalinimo? You guys are killing each other over a clan differences; yet you guys don’t even see that you’re killing your own fellow Muslims.

isn’t it also haram for a Somali to kill a fellow Muslim?

Talk about Somalinimo throwing it out the window.

What Somalis needs to cope through is unity.

No more silly clan, religion or political separatism. saxib.

Last edited:

GemState

36/21
VIP
If Islam was founded by Somalis: if there were a Somali prophet that spreads a new faith and new culture; like ‘judaism’ I would’ve agree with you.

but no: Somalis don’t fall to that category unfortunately.

:zhqjlmx:
War what do you not understand? Let me give an example for you;

Malays and Visayans (an Ethnic Group in Philipines) are genetically the same people. But Malays are ethnoreligious Muslims while Visayans are ethnoreligious Roman Catholics. Why?

The ethno religious Malay-Muslim become a thing because it unified their people from various belief to resist Portuguese Catholic conversion. The Philippines lost to Spain. So most Visayans convert to Catholicism. The stubborn one flee to the south to keep their faith and defend their land & became the ethnoreligious Moro-Muslims.

This is how 3 groups: Moro, Malay, Visayans that are genetically the same became an distinct ethnicity for over 4 centuries due to adopting a religion that didn't even originate with them. Somalis having been Muslim for over a millenia have an even stronger ethnoreligious identity than Moros.

Whether you actually believe in Islam is irrelevant, because you were born Somali you will always be a Muslim. You can be a self hating Muslim, a Muslim in denial, etc, I don't care.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
War what do you not understand? Let me give an example for you;

Malays and Visayans (an Ethnic Group in Philipines) are genetically the same people. But Malays are ethnoreligious Muslims while Visayans are ethnoreligious Roman Catholics. Why?

The ethno religious Malay-Muslim become a thing because it unified their people from various belief to resist Portuguese Catholic conversion. The Philippines lost to Spain. So most Visayans convert to Catholicism. The stubborn one flee to the south to keep their faith and defend their land & became the ethnoreligious Moro-Muslims.

This is how 3 groups: Moro, Malay, Visayans that are genetically the same became an distinct ethnicity for over 4 centuries due to adopting a religion that didn't even originate with them. Somalis having been Muslim for over a millenia have an even stronger ethnoreligious identity than Moros.

Whether you actually believe in Islam is irrelevant, because you were born Somali you will always be a Muslim. You can be a self hating Muslim, a Muslim in denial, etc, I don't care.

You aren’t wrong but you’re also not right.

It’s weird.

:hmm:

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
the somali atheists i have come across are very extreme islamophobes. idk what their thoughts are on the hereafter etc because all they talk about is their hatred of islam. the few i know who are normal just don’t believe in god but still use terms like mashallah/inshallah and occasionally celebrate eid like how caadan atheists celebrate christmas, they’re nice people who don’t bother others
I don’t like the extreme islamophobe ones. Their problem most likely isn’t with Islam itself but with how people choose to practice it. For example, massacring hundreds in order to “impose sharia”, as terror groups also do, is reprehensible.

Trending