Are Somali women marrying out more than Somali men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Nah it's mostly women marrying out. For every 5 somali female interracial marriages I see 1 somali male interracial marraige

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Nah it's mostly women marrying out. For every 5 somali female interracial marriages I see 1 somali male interracial marraige

I do not know that for certain. Women are just more likely to put it on display. I find Abdis are less likely to show their spouses or children on the Gram. We have not counted all the cases of exogamous marriage so were basing it purely on eye witness accounts.

I do not know that for certain. Women are just more likely to put it on display. I find Abdis are less likely to show their spouses or children on the Gram. We have not counted all the cases of exogamous marriage so were basing it purely on eye witness accounts.

Facts when somali women out marry they start a youtube channel. But i have not seen 1 somali guy ajanabi women youtube channel they keep it on the low. Btw who cares at the end of the day you have options to

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Facts when somali women out marry they start a youtube channel. But i have not seen 1 somali guy ajanabi women youtube channel they keep it on the low. Btw who cares at the end of the day you have options to

I'm a female and of course I have options based on my appearance and qualities but I never dated nor will marry out of my ethnic group. Nor do I care about what someone other than myself or my immediate family does. Like you I am unbothered. What I find irritating is when people obsess over random Somalis lives and produce the exact same threads. Hence why if I see anymore threads with a particular theme its to the qashin. Its unproductive. And often used to cause discord
and fuel gender wars.

We all know why Xalimos are marrying white men. White men are cucks. 70% of French men reported they were ok with cheating and extramarital affairs:silanyolaugh:

It's been nearly 20 years since Somali refugees first began settling in Minnesota, but there is little data on Somalis and interracial marriage in the state. Hassan Mohamud, the imam of Minnesota Da'wah Institute in St. Paul, said he is officiating more interracial marriages these days at his mosque, especially between Somali women and white men.

"We see more Somali females marrying outside of the Somali culture, compared to the Somali men marrying outside of the culture," Mohamud said.

Somali women like Idil Mohamed are breaking the social norms of marriage and cultural traditions in their community.

Donna Gabaccia, director of the Immigration History Research Center at the University of Minnesota, said the pattern of women being the first to marry outside the group is similar to that of other immigrant groups.

"Today it's a very strong and pronounced pattern that girls are more likely to marry out than boys," she said. "I don't think that really anyone in the scholarly world completely understands that phenomenon or why that should be."

source: https://www.mprnews.org/story/2011/07/31/somali-interracial-marriage
What is the ethnicity of the sheikh giving away Somali women
Just curious

I agree.. Somali men have been having mixed babies for decades. Somali men are also more likely to have non-Somali girlfriends, which result in some of these quickie marriages and then divorces.

Mr Sufi

PURPLE HAZE THE PURPLE ONE HAS RETURNED
But since you're mixed yourself where do you sit on this issue? :mjpls: Do you see yourself with a Somali, ajnabi or a mixed Somali like yourself ?

Somali because I blend well with them

And most Somali like me because my mom is AJANAB they don't see me as threat they see it as my Somali father conquered a foreigner foreign Malab so they don't care
It's weird because if my father was AJANAB and he took a Somali women from the community they would be real rude with me I seen it with my own eyes with other mix people whose father is AJANAB and mom's is Somali

Hahahahahaha Somalis are nuts

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If anything it introduces new element of division
Mixed people of Somali ancestry vs full blooded Somalis

But mixed people only stay that way for a few generations. They are eventually absorbed into a larger population depending on their personal tastes/preferences. It's not like there are so many to begin with and I doubt they will tahrib back to the motherland (opting to stay in the west instead). Even if they do they are still too numerically small to make an impact on the majority population. There is no issue.

I agree.. Somali men have been having mixed babies for decades. Somali men are also more likely to have non-Somali girlfriends, which result in some of these quickie marriages and then divorces.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts