Are All Hadiths Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Sunan Abu Dawud book XVI

Abu Dharr said: I was sitting behind the Apostle of Allah who was riding a donkey while the sun was setting. He asked: Do you know where this sets? I replied: Allah and his Apostle know best. He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.
All in all a very weak hadith which is a complete antithesis to your earlier statement "There's an authentic hadith where the prophet asks his companions where the son sets, only to tell them it sets in a muddy spring of water. ".

True wallahi. I have to say that Hadith is the main cause of backwardness in the Muslim world nowadays. do you notice how Muslims are unwilling to intigrate into non-Muslim societies. People now think that backwardness is a trait of Islam.
Most of the evil perpetrated in the Ummah comes from man made hadith books. Al Shabab follow Prophet Bukharin, instead of Allah and his messenger. The Quran says Allah sent Muhammad (SAW) as a mercy to all mankind. He was the most compassionate, the most humane, and the most kind. Yet that is not what is in the hadiths. They say he beheaded, stoned, and tortured people. All this garbage comes fron hadiths. The word "hadith" is mostly used in a negative sense in the Quran. The overriding message in Allah's book is mercy. Anything which contradicts Allah's mercy should be discarded. We need human rights, freedom, and secularism. Because that is what Allah enjoined.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Serious question to Muslims: How do you know Muhammad had the Quran revealed to him in a cave? Do you take his word for it? What if someone came up to you today and said the exact same thing? My guess is you'd laugh at them for being ridiculous.

What is so believable about it when Muhammad made that claim?

@Bidaar Wanagsan
So muhammad knew about the expansion of the universe 1400 years ago without the assistance of satellites and modern technology,(buh buh why do we believe him):bell:,atheists these days:farmajoyaab:

Serious question to Muslims: How do you know Muhammad had the Quran revealed to him in a cave? Do you take his word for it? What if someone came up to you today and said the exact same thing? My guess is you'd laugh at them for being ridiculous.

What is so believable about it when Muhammad made that claim?

@Bidaar Wanagsan
It's a question of faith. You either have it or you don't.

Watch the videos of Shabir Ally. He'll explain it to you. He approaches things in a scientific perspective.

For instance, in this video he argues that the soul is not a ghostly thing somewhere in our chest that leaves the body upon death, which is how ignorant wadaads interpret it, but actually refers to the consciousness of our brain:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
The sheikh says homosexuality is a sin in numerous videos. If you can provide evidence of his support for gays, feel free to do so, but it looks like you are the one engaged in misinformation. Lying about da'ees is a shameful thing. Say astagfirullah and make tawbah.

My evidence is the video I posted, no sane da'ee speaks this way about Prophet Lut's story being about "consent and not the act" other than Christian pastors who reform their belief to fit modern trends. :farmajoyaab:

Its troubling for me hearing this stuff, as I have seen older videos of Shabir and liked him alot.

My evidence is the video I posted, no sane da'ee speaks this way about Prophet Lut's story being about "consent and not the act" other than Christian pastors who reform their belief to fit modern trends. :farmajoyaab:

Its troubling for me hearing this stuff, as I have seen older videos of Shabir and liked him alot.
You have no evidence whatsoever. You're slandering people without justification. This is totally unIslamic.

The sheikh has always said homosexuality is sin:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
You have no evidence whatsoever. You're slandering people without justification. This is totally unIslamic.

The sheikh has always said homosexuality is sin:

Just watched this and he is correct here, and interprets the story of Lut correctly.

I don't understand why he was talking gibberish in the other video I was quoting you..:gucciwhat:

Just watched this and he is correct here, and interprets the story of Lut correctly.

I don't understand why he was talking gibberish in the other video I was quoting you..:gucciwhat:
He wasn't talking gibberish. He was reviewing a book and going about it in an academic way. He's a PhD. He approaches things according to his scholastic training.

You're probably used to the screaming and shouting of ignorant Wahabbis who've got no academic training.

The Quran in fact has little to nothing to say about homosexuality, incest, bestially, or all the rest. Its not the Kama Sutra. But the Bible does talk about them at length, so it is you who is acting like a Christian fundamentalist with your gay sex obsession.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
He wasn't talking gibberish. He was reviewing a book and going about it in an academic way. He's a PhD. He approaches things according to his scholastic training.

You're probably used to the screaming and shouting of ignorant Wahabbis who've got no academic training.

The Quran in fact has little to nothing to say about homosexuality, incest, bestially, or all the rest. Its not the Kama Sutra. But the Bible does talk about them at length, so it is you who is acting like a Christian fundamentalist with your gay sex obsession.

This is uncalled for, I am just calling out what I see as correct or incorrect.:francis:

This is what makes us different in Islam, we do not hold Priests/Rabbis as infallible, ie we can call out our religious scholars when they appear to err.

They are all human and non are infallible:gaasdrink:

This is uncalled for, I am just calling out what I see as correct or incorrect.:francis:

This is what makes us different in Islam, we do not hold Priests/Rabbis as infallible, ie we can call out our religious scholars when they appear to err.

They are all human and non are infallible:gaasdrink:
Agreed, I criticize idiotic wadaads all the time, but you've gotta do due diligence. Not slander innocent people.

AlphaSomali

Were set
I was reading this scholar's book on hadiths. He says there are two extreme approaches to hadith. Some people reject it because they find irrational stuff in it, and others follow it in its entirety. Both are mistaken. He says that only about 200 hadiths are authentic. The rest, all the many hundred thousands collected in Sahih Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi and Sunan Abu Dawood, contain material that contradicts the Quran, science, and reason.

Your thoughts?

Really 200 Hadiths, they are almost 1 million sahih hadiths from Bukhari alone. The chains are all good. All sahih hadiths don't contradict the Quran but it how you use it. Science in its own boat contradicts it self.

AlphaSomali

Were set
View attachment 30136

This is the most favorable one. Other interpretations say he found the sun, not as if. The "people" he found wanted protection from gog and magog, so he built a wall made of iron and brass. Funny enough, this wall is nowhere to be found on earth. The wall of China is thoroughly studied and is obviously not confining billions of thirsty subhuman creatures called gog and magog.

One more thing: gog and magog apparently dig through the wall every night and just before ending for the night, forget to say "inshallah", so Allah reverses their progress and they never actually get out. In the end of days however, a clever gog and magog WILL say inshallah, Allah will get tricked and forget to reverse their progress, unleashing billions of crazy creatures on the earth. If you're a logical person, how can you believe any of this?
Man, learn Arabic and come.

Really 200 Hadiths, they are almost 1 million sahih hadiths from Bukhari alone. The chains are all good. All sahih hadiths don't contradict the Quran but it how you use it. Science in its own boat contradicts it self.
Not all "sahih" hadiths contradict the Quran and reason, but many do. I quoted an exhaustive list earlier.

It is not only the chain of narration that should be analyzed, but the content of the hadiths. If the content is absurd, it is an erroneous hadith.

Science is about discovering the physical laws of God. Allah's laws do not contradict themselves, but unproven hypotheses can be disproven. That's the beauty of the scientific method: it is self correcting, but the hadith method is to worship errors just because prophet Bukhari said it.

AlphaSomali

Were set
Not all "sahih" hadiths contradict the Quran and reason, but many do. I quoted an exhaustive list earlier.

It is not only the chain of narration that should be analyzed, but the content of the hadiths. If the content is absurd, it is an erroneous hadith.

Science is about discovering the physical laws of God. Allah's laws do not contradict themselves, but unproven hypotheses can be disproven. That's the beauty of the scientific method: it is self correcting, but the hadith method is to worship errors just because prophet Bukhari said it.
Let me tell you
How do you pray?

AlphaSomali

Were set

Science can only measure laws in the natural world.

Let me tell you
How do you pray?
By following the hadiths that don't contradict the Quran or reason and rejecting the many that contradict the Quran and reason. As the sheikh said, Sahih Bukhari and other collections need to be edited to excise the bogus stuff. Hadiths are not divine, they're man made books with error and mistakes in them.

Science can only measure laws in the natural world.
That's true. And hadiths in Bukhari go against the laws of the natural world. Some of them can be easily disproven such as the one that says that you will be unharmed by poison if you eat Ajwa dates. There's a very easy way to test this: eat some Ajwa dates, drink a bottle of bleach, and tell us how you get on. The sheikh points out other bogus hadiths to do with medicine.

AlphaSomali

Were set
That's true. And hadiths in Bukhari go against the laws of the natural world. Some of them can be easily disproven such as the one that says that you will be unharmed by poison if you eat Ajwa dates. There's a very easy way to test this: eat some Ajwa dates, drink a bottle of bleach, and tell us how you get on. The sheikh points out other bogus hadiths to do with medicine.

take this with a grain of salt

Home / ajwa , bukhari , Cure , dates , Hadith , magic , poison ,science , Science of Narration , seven / Hadith, ‘Ajwa Dates and Science

Waqar Akbar Cheema 12:37 AM في ajwa , bukhari , Cure , dates , Hadith , magic , poison , science , Science of Narration , seven 33 تعليقات

Other day a person, seemingly a Christian polemicist left me an email, challenging me on something which he thought was really a big deal. He quoted the following Hadith:

Narrated Sa’d: The Prophet said, "If somebody takes some 'Ajwa dates every morning, he will not be effected by poison or magic on that day till night." (Another narrator said seven dates). (Sahih Bukhari)

And then hurled the challenge;

are you today ready to take this simple challenge and eat 7 Ajwa dates and then drink poison and survive ?

The response:

The unfortunate fact is that most people in our time think that just reading any translation of Hadith texts, they can lay hands upon, is quite enough to have a full grasp of it and they find themselves worthy enough to comment. The practice might have had some justification if Hadith -or for that matter any classical Islamic text- was in some dead language hardly known to even the followers of the religion as it happened with Judaism and Christianity.

A basic principle in studying any historical narration is to understand the environment and context in which it originated. While it may not be possible to find details as to when and why was some particular words were uttered, another reasonable way is to see the complementing narrations before looking to reach a conclusion.

Sa’d told of hearing Allah’s Messenger say, “He who has a morning meal of seven ‘ajwa dates will not suffer harm that day through toxins or magic.” (Bukhari, Hadith 5327 and Muslim, Hadith 3814)

‘Aisha reported Allah’s Messenger as saying, “The ‘ajwah dates of al-‘Aliya contain healing, and they are an antidote (when taken as) first thing in the morning.” (Muslim, Hadith 3815)

‘Aisha reported Allah’s Messenger as saying, “The ‘ajwah dates of al-‘Aliya taken as the first thing in the morning, in the state of fasting; contain healing for all (kinds of) magic or toxins.” (Musnad Ahmad, Hadith 23592)

Al-‘Aliya is the named applied to some villages a few miles east of Medina.

Narrated ‘Urwah: ‘Aisha used to order to make a habit of or taking in regular intervals seven ‘ajwah dates, in the state of fasting for seven mornings. (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shayba, Hadith 23945)

Now considering all these narrations it becomes clear that the benefits mentioned are for link to certain specifics.
1- It is about 'Ajwa dates from al-Aliya, a particular locality near al-Medina
2- The benefit is for eating them early in the morning breaking the night fast with it
3- It is for the one who eats them regularly as Aisha (RA) used to instruct people. Her instruction matters for she is one of the narrators of the Hadith in question.
Now let me explain a few things:

"The Poison/Toxin": The word actually used is "summ" which means, poison or toxin. The problem is some people think it is about instantly killing poisonous stuff. However the fact mention in Hadith that it benefits when taken as the first thing early in the morning and on regular basis itself establishes that it is about toxins, which are indeed poisonous and harmful to the body.

take this with a grain of salt

Home / ajwa , bukhari , Cure , dates , Hadith , magic , poison ,science , Science of Narration , seven / Hadith, ‘Ajwa Dates and Science

Waqar Akbar Cheema 12:37 AM في ajwa , bukhari , Cure , dates , Hadith , magic , poison , science , Science of Narration , seven 33 تعليقات

Other day a person, seemingly a Christian polemicist left me an email, challenging me on something which he thought was really a big deal. He quoted the following Hadith:

Narrated Sa’d: The Prophet said, "If somebody takes some 'Ajwa dates every morning, he will not be effected by poison or magic on that day till night." (Another narrator said seven dates). (Sahih Bukhari)

And then hurled the challenge;

are you today ready to take this simple challenge and eat 7 Ajwa dates and then drink poison and survive ?

The response:

The unfortunate fact is that most people in our time think that just reading any translation of Hadith texts, they can lay hands upon, is quite enough to have a full grasp of it and they find themselves worthy enough to comment. The practice might have had some justification if Hadith -or for that matter any classical Islamic text- was in some dead language hardly known to even the followers of the religion as it happened with Judaism and Christianity.

A basic principle in studying any historical narration is to understand the environment and context in which it originated. While it may not be possible to find details as to when and why was some particular words were uttered, another reasonable way is to see the complementing narrations before looking to reach a conclusion.

Sa’d told of hearing Allah’s Messenger say, “He who has a morning meal of seven ‘ajwa dates will not suffer harm that day through toxins or magic.” (Bukhari, Hadith 5327 and Muslim, Hadith 3814)

‘Aisha reported Allah’s Messenger as saying, “The ‘ajwah dates of al-‘Aliya contain healing, and they are an antidote (when taken as) first thing in the morning.” (Muslim, Hadith 3815)

‘Aisha reported Allah’s Messenger as saying, “The ‘ajwah dates of al-‘Aliya taken as the first thing in the morning, in the state of fasting; contain healing for all (kinds of) magic or toxins.” (Musnad Ahmad, Hadith 23592)

Al-‘Aliya is the named applied to some villages a few miles east of Medina.

Narrated ‘Urwah: ‘Aisha used to order to make a habit of or taking in regular intervals seven ‘ajwah dates, in the state of fasting for seven mornings. (Musannaf Ibn Abi Shayba, Hadith 23945)

Now considering all these narrations it becomes clear that the benefits mentioned are for link to certain specifics.
1- It is about 'Ajwa dates from al-Aliya, a particular locality near al-Medina
2- The benefit is for eating them early in the morning breaking the night fast with it
3- It is for the one who eats them regularly as Aisha (RA) used to instruct people. Her instruction matters for she is one of the narrators of the Hadith in question.
Now let me explain a few things:

"The Poison/Toxin": The word actually used is "summ" which means, poison or toxin. The problem is some people think it is about instantly killing poisonous stuff. However the fact mention in Hadith that it benefits when taken as the first thing early in the morning and on regular basis itself establishes that it is about toxins, which are indeed poisonous and harmful to the body.
Bogus arguments. Bloggers like that are always reduced to saying that scholars of Arabic who translate hadiths know less about Arabic than some random guy on the internet. It happens everytime their arguments are exposed. At first they claim that you've gotta speak Arabic or you can't comment, and then when you bring scholars of Arabic who translate hadiths, they claim thats not enough.

The hadith says poison, not toxin, so lets not make things up. And even if it did say toxin, that would include lethal toxins like botulinum toxin which can kill in even tiny doses. So here's the challenge: you should start ingesting lethal toxins after eating Ajwa dates in the morning, put it up on YouTube, and you will win the Nobel Prize in Medicine for finding a new cure. The whole world will convert on the spot.

As the sheikh notes, Hadiths also say that honey will protect you from major calamities if eaten three times a month. So here's another test: eat honey three times a month, jump off a cliff, and you should be protected from death.

A Bukhari hadith says that if a snake comes into your home, you should tell him to leave in the name of Allah. Firstly, snakes are deaf, so they can't hear you, so that alone proves its a forgery. Secondly, this can be put to the test: Take a rattle snake, set him loose in your house, and then ask him politely, in the name of Allah, and in the name of universal brotherhood, if he would not mind going back to his own crib. Make sure to record it so we can all see the miracle.

I have plenty of other hadith challenges for you. Hope you can work some miracles for us. Unfortunately other worshippers of prophet Bukhari don't seem so keen to prove their mettle.

AlphaSomali

Were set
Bogus arguments. Bloggers like that are always reduced to saying that scholars of Arabic who translate hadiths know less about Arabic than some random guy on the internet. It happens everytime their arguments are exposed. At first they claim that you've gotta speak Arabic or you can't comment, and then when you bring scholars of Arabic who translate hadiths, they claim thats not enough.

The hadith says poison, not toxin, so lets not make things up. And even if it did say toxin, that would include lethal toxins like botulinum toxin which can kill in even tiny doses. So here's the challenge: you should start ingesting lethal toxins after eating Ajwa dates in the morning, put it up on YouTube, and you will win the Nobel Prize in Medicine for finding a new cure. The whole world will convert on the spot.

As the sheikh notes, Hadiths also say that honey will protect you from major calamities if eaten three times a month. So here's another test: eat honey three times a month, jump off a cliff, and you should be protected from death.

A Bukhari hadith says that if a snake comes into your home, you should tell him to leave in the name of Allah. Firstly, snakes are deaf, so they can't hear you, so that alone proves its a forgery. Secondly, this can be put to the test: Take a rattle snake, set him loose in your house, and then ask him politely, in the name of Allah, and in the name of universal brotherhood, if he would not mind going back to his own crib. Make sure to record it so we can all see the miracle.

I have plenty of other hadith challenges for you. Hope you can work some miracles for us. Unfortunately other worshippers of prophet Bukhari don't seem so keen to prove their mettle.
Let me make it easy for you, In the nabi time there were no such things as laboratory acids. Poison were mainly poisonous plant extracts that in cases took days to kill you. Since you read Hadith in English it is not going to be 100% in Arabic. Like for example Jannah, it could mean Paradise, Heaven, Garden and more.

Even drinking bleach you could survive, because the liver already saved the day.

The prophet infact killed snakes

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) address the people from the minbar, saying: “Kill snakes.”

‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar said: After that, I would not leave any snake that I saw but I would kill it.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3299) and Muslim (3233)

Hadith is the Nabi said it not like the Quran, but we take whatever is sahih bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending