Anyone kind of sad we don't have more written history about ancient Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF? Even the most liberal guy on here is advocating for infertility shots. :mindblown:

Is SomaliSpot suffering from collective insanity? Anti-liberal thought is rife here, even among the pseudoliberals. :damn:
I was taking a jab at Israel. Obviously I believe in minority rights :drakekidding:

#DiversityIsOurStrenght. #OpenTheBorder :rejoice::rejoice:

Noob, the only Oromo are the Borana, most other Oromos are language shifters. The Waata belonged to the same sub-group as those Boni and other riffraff.

https://muse.jhu.edu/article/452722/pdf

"It would be interesting in future work to discuss the relationships between Somali and Boni dialects, since the Coastal and Central dialects of Somali (which are generally considered to be innovative with respect to Proto-Somali) seem similar to Northern Boni in many respects." ....... "In the introduction to WDO, H divides Oromo into three major dialect groups: Ethiopian, Central , and Tana River. He presents phonological and lexical evidence to support this division and to illustrate the position of Waata in the Tana River group."

Oromo clearly differed by region and over time. According to this,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waata_language

"Waata
(Waat, Watha), or Sanye, is an Oromo language spoken by former hunter-gatherers in Kenya. It shares the name Sanye with neighboring Dahalo.

Waata may be a dialect of Orma or otherwise Southern Oromo."

Dahalo is a click language.

Apparently the Waata did shift language and may not even be Cushites or related to the Boni.

But:

The Oromo language is divided into four main linguistic varieties: Borana-Arsi-Guji Oromo, Eastern Oromo, Orma and West Central Oromo. The issue of whether Orma or Borana is the older language, or the parent one of the other, is still being argued on Ethiopian websites. Waata is said to be related to Orma or Southern Oromo.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Sure, legitimate concern. But passively displacing thousands of locals because of their ethnic makeup is not a good way to go about it. :wtfdis:

We should do it humanely like Israel by giving them infertility shots :yousmart:
Denying people the chance to have children is far worse than allowing them to reap the benefits of being a Bantu man in the West. :2tjlv3e::2tjlv3e:

As long as it's not state sanctioned, then there is no problem.

We could even help smuggle them through Europe.
Those who want to leave should be allowed to and those who want to dtay should be allowed to as well. There are our fellow country men and Muslims. What is your problem with them? We have bigger issues to focus on. Get your priorities straight.

Last edited:
We annexed the region 1000 years ago.

Get over it. :mjlaugh:

This post illustrates a major difficulty of discussing Somali history. Largely for political reasons that have nothing to do with the historicity involved, many Somalis choose not to distinguish between past and present tenses, or to recognize the depth of time involved. A thousand years ago is a blink in the history of the Horn. Are you really prepared to ignore everything that came before?

Last edited:
This post illustrates a major difficulty it discussing Somali history. Largely for political reasons that have nothing to do with the historicity involved, many Somalis choose not to distinguish between past and present tenses, or to recognize the depth of time involved. A thousand years ago is a blink in the history of the Horn. Are you really prepared to ignore everything that came before?
Aren't you the same guy thinking that Bantus were here before?:mjlol:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
This post illustrates a major difficulty it discussing Somali history. Largely for political reasons that have nothing to do with the historicity involved, many Somalis choose not to distinguish between past and present tenses, or to recognize the depth of time involved. A thousand years ago is a blink in the history of the Horn. Are you really prepared to ignore everything that came before?
This is double standards though. You want us to ignore the history of the Horn 1000-1200 years ago or acknoledge that it wasn't entirely dominated by modern Somalis, but you don't want to ignore the history of Europe, Asia or even Africa 1000-1200 years ago.

You can't eat your cake and my cake too. I'm sure Europe 1000 years ago was much more diverse, but were conquered by a dominant group. We'll claim Sarapion as a Somali town, because everybody else does the same thing with their history.

Aren't you the same guy thinking that Bantus were here before?:mjlol:

No. The Bantu expansion never reached Somalia. The Mushunguli and Gosha are 19th century imports. The Shidle, Shabelli, Gobuweyn, etc. are native negroid groups who never spoke Bantu languages.

No. The Bantu expansion never reached Somalia. The Mushunguli and Gosha are 19th century imports. The Shidle, Shabelli, Gobuweyn, etc. are native negroid groups who never spoke Bantu languages.
I guess the bantu bashing in here and somnet really got to you:lolbron:

He's claiming that the Bantus were not Bantu, even though they're all entirely come from a Niger-Congo background. :russ:

God bless science. :banderas:

No.

http://www.latimes.com/science/scie...ent-ethiopian-dna-eurasia-20151008-story.html

Mota man is E1b1. His DNA is most closely linked to the Ari of southwestern Ethiopia and the Sandawe of Tanzania. The Ari are Negroid and the Sandawe are Khoisan. It's just the Bantus that come from Niger-Congo. The Ari and other negroid groups came from the Sahara. Most West Africans are yet other negroid groups. You need to get over this "Bantu" thing.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
No.

http://www.latimes.com/science/scie...ent-ethiopian-dna-eurasia-20151008-story.html

Mota man is E1b1. His DNA is most closely linked to the Ari of southwestern Ethiopia and the Sandawe of Tanzania. The Ari are Negroid and the Sandawe are Khoisan. It's just the Bantus that come from Niger-Congo. The Ari and other negroid groups came from the Sahara. Most West Africans are yet other negroid groups. You need to get over this "Bantu" thing.
I don't care about my nigga Mota, I'm talking about the Bantu groups in Somalia-Ogaden. They all come from a Niger-Congo ancestry and are slaves imported during the Ajuuran-Italian era.

There is no difference between Shidle and Gosha genetically. One of them is Somali culturally because they've been our slaves for much longer, that's all.

If you don't believe this, well go to Somalia and test them. There is no need for these essays.

I don't care about my nigga Mota, I'm talking about the Bantu groups in Somalia-Ogaden. They all come from a Niger-Congo ancestry and are slaves imported during the Ajuuran-Italian era.

There is no difference between Shidle and Gosha genetically. One of them is Somali culturally because they've been our slaves for much longer, that's all.

If you don't believe this, well go to Somalia and test them. There is no need for these essays.

The Ajuraan did not import slaves. They used clients from among the natives of the riverine areas. The importation of slaves from Mozambique, Tanzania, etc. only began about 1825. Yes, the Shidle were there MUCH longer, preceding the Samaales.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
The Ajuraan did not import slaves. They used clients from among the natives of the riverine areas. The importation of slaves from Mozambique, Tanzania, etc. only began about 1825. Yes, the Shidle were there MUCH longer, preceding the Samaales.
That's a theory, not a fact.

What is a fact is that if you take a genetic test of a Shidle man, you'll be able to find out his ancestry. Why don't you do that instead of rambling non sense that none of us can confirm?

That's a theory, not a fact.

What is a fact is that if you take a genetic test of a Shidle man that you'll be able to find out his ancestry. Why don't you do that?

You are the one that doesn't believe the experts at the UN. Also it will be easier and safer for you. I will await your results. In the meantime, I rely on articles like this:

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/pu...uarterly/un-and-somalias-invisible-minorities

"The Gabaweyn (Gabwing in their native Af-Maay language) are an indigenous people, originally speakers of Cushitic languages, numbering perhaps 30,000. They are farmers who have lived on the banks of the Jubba river during recorded history. Before the colonial occupation of the area, their political masters were the Rahanweyn-dominated sultanate at Baardheere and the trading centre at Luuq, and the Marehan nomads of the western hinterland. Culturally, economically and politically, the Gabeweyn have assimilated to their eastern Rahanweyn neighbours."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending