Anyone Here Have Lasik Surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
I got lasik in 2015 and I'm wondering who else here had it and what your experience with it was. I was seeing 20/70 before surgery and 20/15 next morning. Had discomfort/foreign object feel for about a month. I also felt a little discomfort when turning the eyeball. Now, my vision is perfect and I have absolutely no discomfort.

Talk about your lasik stories. Since there are a 1,000+ people here, I assume at least one person had it. Go!

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
I got lasik in 2015 and I'm wondering who else here had it and what your experience with it was. I was seeing 20/70 before surgery and 20/15 next morning. Had discomfort/foreign object feel for about a month. I also felt a little discomfort when turning the eyeball. Now, my vision is perfect and I have absolutely no discomfort.

Talk about your lasik stories. Since there are a 1,000+ people here, I assume at least one person had it. Go!
I want to get it at around 25. How old were you when you got it?

Can you do an update in a year if we're still here?

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
I want to get it at around 25. How old were you when you got it?

Can you do an update in a year if we're still here?
I was 24 when I did it. Brutally expensive but I was on EI so I claimed it on my taxes and got a refund. Cost me 3,000.00. Ranges from 2,000-6,000, depending on your situation. I can do an update in a year.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Is near sighted if I can only see near me? Then I'm that I can't see far away. I'm -5.5 on my right eyes and -7 on my left. I'm basically blind without glasses saxiib

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Is near sighted if I can only see near me? Then I'm that I can't see far away. I'm -5.5 on my right eyes and -7 on my left. I'm basically blind without glasses saxiib
Shit that sucks man. I'm assuming your prescription is getting stronger and stronger? That's the case with my brother. Every year his eyes get slightly worse.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Yh how bad was yours?
So I got glasses in 2014, a year before lasik. Before that I used to drive at night, on rural roads near my work with 20/70 vision (really bad). I can't remember what the prescription number was but less than a year later I decided to get lasik anyway. FYI 20/200 is legally blind, 20/40 is the worst you can be to drive, 20/20 is perfect vision and 20/15 (where I am) is realy good. 20/40, for example, means you can see from 20 feet what a normal person sees from 40 feet, just so you know.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
So I got glasses in 2014, a year before lasik. Before that I used to drive at night, on rural roads near my work with 20/70 vision (really bad). I can't remember what the prescription number was but less than a year later I decided to get lasik anyway. FYI 20/200 is legally blind, 20/40 is the worst you can be to drive, 20/20 is perfect vision and 20/15 (where I am) is realy good. 20/40, for example, means you can see from 20 feet what a normal person sees from 40 feet, just so you know.
Yh I know how the 20/20 system works. You're lucky to have had glasses for 1 year I've been burdened with them for 12+ years

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
for 12+ years
upload_2017-7-28_20-46-0.png

upload_2017-7-28_20-44-59.png

Are you in Toronto? Which doctor would you recommend? I know it's best to go to the more experienced ones & not take the cheapest option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending