Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
@Mrs X Aden Why you qashin me?
Ok I get it. You're .....
tenor-1.gif

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
My cooking is very basic. The usual baasto/suugo, beriis/hilib. Plus the occasional home made pizza.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
somali men should learn how to cook tbh its just comes across lazy and arrogant in your parts nothing wrong with splitting cooking tasks one week the men turn the next women thats what builds relationships if both partners agree and share households task.

I do cook at least 3 meals a week and my culinary skills are ok. My favourite meals are Malay/Indonesian dishes, their ingredients are cheap to buy, the food is tasty, nutritious and easy to cook.

VixR

Veritas
It's funny you say they are "standing their ground". It's more like they are caving to a woman's every demand just to curry favour with them.
That’s so funny that you ppl keep saying that, bc its full of air and falls flat seeing as this is a goddamn forum. They’ve no reason to curry favor with forumers they’ll never get to meet. The fact of the matter is, guys always try to do the most in reference to what they think other guys will think of them, but when you’ve a mind of your own and you not being constantly swung around by the opinions of every Tom, Mother and Abdi, that’s the sign of a guy who has a mind of his own and has left adolescence to the teens. And you can tell the ones that are being so extra for their audience (other men). You can practically smell them tbh

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
That’s so funny that you ppl keep saying that, bc its full of air and falls flat seeing as this is a goddamn forum. They’ve no reason to curry favor with forumers they’ll never get to meet. The fact of the matter is, guys always try to do the most in reference to what they think other guys will think of them, but when you’ve a mind of your own and you not being constantly swung around by the opinions of every Tom, Mother and Abdi, that’s the sign of a guy who has a mind of his own and has left adolescence to the teens. And you can tell the ones that are being so extra for their audience (other men). You can practically smell them tbh

Tbh I am not talking about @Mercury or anyone in particular but guys with this mentality. It's absolutely a thing. You will see them on twitter fishing for female compliments by saying stuff vast majority of red-blooded males would never agree with just to get in the DMs of girls. We call them white knights and their female equivalent is the pick me girls. I'm sure you know what I'm referring too. C'mon, how many times have you seen a chick post shit like "I'm not like other girls" and start rolling your eyes. :pachah1:

VixR

Veritas
Tbh I am not talking about @Mercury in particular but guys with this mentality. It's absolutely a thing. You will see them on twitter fishing for female compliments by saying stuff vast majority of red-blooded males would never agree with. We call them white knights and their female equivalent is the pick me girls. I'm sure you know what I'm referring too.
Oh please, I’m learning to cook Indian is not a controversial white knight-y statement, esp for someone who clearly states he’s married and you never see trying to flirt whatsoever. If this were Reddit or any other forum, the dude would get comments from ppl who cook and others would largely leave him alone, but Somali guys are so extra and anything he says is bc he’s trying to curry favor with females that are not tangible. Wake up and smell the coffee. What I love about him is you’ll never see him get rattled by your childish comments

Cumar

VIP
Oh please, I’m learning to cook Indian is not a controversial white knight-y statement, esp for someone who clearly states he’s married and you never see trying to flirt whatsoever. If this were Reddit or any other forum, the dude would get comments from ppl who cook and others would largely leave him alone, but Somali guys are so extra and anything he says is bc he’s trying to curry favor with females. Wake up and smell the coffee. What I love about him is you’ll never see him rattled by your childish comments

Cooking is a life skill. Nothing to brag about. Its the context not the content of the message that I am interested in.

I honestly couldn't care less if @Mercury wants to be a doormat. That's his life and his choice. Not my business and I already told you my message is not targeted at him but those who think like him.

I wonder what you would say if a female user made a post about how she enjoys cooking for her husband and how women should cook for their men. :trumpsmirk:

Would you call her a pick me or respect her opinion/choice? :cosbyhmm:

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
Cooking is a life skill. Nothing to brag about. Its the context not the content of the message that I am interested in.

I honestly couldn't care less if @Mercury wants to be a doormat. That's his life and his choice. Not my business and I already told you my message is not targeted at him but those who think like him.

I wonder what you would say if a female user made a post about how she enjoys cooking for her husband and how women should cook for their men. :trumpsmirk:

Would you call her a pick me or respect her opinion/choice? :cosbyhmm:
Earlier in the thread, a user asked if I’d cook for my husband 24/7. There are women out there who enjoy that sort of thing, you know, and want to be purely homemakers. That must be news to you, for you to infer it’s below my respecting it. But there’s a clear trade-off there. You’re essentially funding her lifestyle in exhange for her homemaking efforts. I know that’s simply not my path, for one I’d go nuts. But as a numbers girl, I’m keenly aware that it’s a volatile arrangement and that wholesale dependancy is not-so-smart a long-term investment for the woman, so I’d simply advise her to never go in blind, and that if shit hits the fan, she’ll be equipped with a way to at least feed any children she may have. As for me, I’m not gonna kill myself trying to fill both roles. I’m the type who needs to know we work well together but that he can be self-sufficient.

If it wasn’t targeted at him you wouldn’t had @‘d him, but that’s beside the point. You guys are always being remarkably catty towards him. So how's he a doormat? He’s pretty balanced in that he mentions it’s a two-way street, and that he’s evening the load. But of course that’s controversial to you, as a “red blooded male” lol. Fam, come off it.

Cumar

VIP
Earlier in the thread, a user asked if I’d cook for my husband 24/7. There are women out there who enjoy that sort of thing, you know, and want to be purely homemakers. That must be news to you, for you to infer it’s below my respecting it. But there’s a clear trade-off there. You’re essentially funding her lifestyle in exhange for her homemaking efforts. I know that’s simply not my path, for one I’d go nuts. But as a numbers girl, I’m keenly aware that it’s a volatile arrangement and that wholesale dependancy is not-so-smart a long-term investment for the woman, so I’d simply advise her to never go in blind, and that if shit hits the fan, she’ll be equipped with a way to at least feed any children she may have. As for me, I’m not gonna kill myself trying to fill both roles. I’m the type who needs to know we work well together but that he can be self-sufficient.

If it wasn’t targeted at him you wouldn’t had @‘d him, but that’s beside the point. You guys are always being remarkably catty towards him. So how's he a doormat? He’s pretty balanced in that he mentions it’s a two-way street, and that he’s evening the load. But of course that’s controversial to you, as a “red blooded male” lol. Fam, come off it.

You know what I respect your answer. You clearly know what you want and won't settle for less I can't hate on that. :manny:

All I have to say is most guys who replied to this thread said they are ok with splitting tasks if their wife is working.

Most guys here are not as chauvinist as you think we are so just cut us a little slack. :damedamn:

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
You know what I respect your answer. You clearly know what you want and won't settle for less I can't hate on that. :manny:

All I have to say is most guys who replied to this thread said they are ok with splitting tasks if their wife is working.

We are not as chauvinist as you think we are. Cut us a little slack why don't you.:pachah1:
There was a time I was sifting through you in my parents living room, practically one after the next. I feel proficient in you lol. I could tell you what the mean medium and mode of Abdi is tbh, and that’s not to say I haven’t seen a variation from the mean irl. Mercury is practically a breath of fresh air on here, though I can’t say it’s a surprise to me that you feel some weird sense of disdain for him. It’s not enough that you (general you) refuse to gain a more nuanced outlook, but you also have to be in active pushback mode. My observation (here I’m mixing rl and ol).

Cumar

VIP
There was a time I was sifting through you in my parents living room, practically one after the next. I feel proficient in you lol. I could tell you what the mean medium and mode of Abdi is tbh, and that’s not to say I haven’t seen a variation from the mean irl. Mercury is practically a breath of fresh air on here, though I can’t say it’s a surprise to me that you feel some weird sense of disdain for him. It’s not enough that you (general you) refuse to gain a more nuanced outlook, but you also have to be in active pushback mode. My observation (here I’m mixing rl and ol).

Damn you've been through a lot, hopefully you find whatever it is your looking for. :damedamn:

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
Perhaps the 95% of Somali guys that are opposed to Mercurys way of doing things are actually the ones being real with themselves. I mean this is an anonymous forum and their “hyper masculine” views aren’t winning them any favors with the females of the forum so why see it as an act when the vast majority of them disagree with him. That’s even the case irl. Niggas like him are an anomaly in our culture (not necessarily a bad thing) they just don’t cook and clean at home and the ones that do would be looked at funny by their peers if word got out. It’s just not our dhaqan and it’s also why the new generation of xalimos are having problems with the new breed of niggas that are born or raised here but still have the blueprint of their fore fathers

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Tbh I am not talking about @Mercury or anyone in particular but guys with this mentality. It's absolutely a thing. You will see them on twitter fishing for female compliments by saying stuff vast majority of red-blooded males would never agree with just to get in the DMs of girls. We call them white knights and their female equivalent is the pick me girls. I'm sure you know what I'm referring too. C'mon, how many times have you seen a chick post shit like "I'm not like other girls" and start rolling your eyes. :pachah1:
You’re making it seem like I only write stuff to get females attention when that’s never been the point I like cooking it’s one of my hobbies that’s Why I like to talk about it besides I don’t even DM ppl in here I just mind my business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending