Anti Somali hate by black people

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some of you lot think this “race/ Somalis aren’t black debacle/debate is rinsed out and soo 2016. Wallahi I’m absolutely exhausted and I don’t want to paint myself as a victim because I absolutely can’t stand people feeling sorry for me. However, I feel like I need to say this as I’m tired of other black people hating me, simply for being Somali.
Anti Somali hate is a real thing. I’m not surrounded by Somali people (unfortunately, which is the problem. I’m literally a one somali girl army) so the only POC I come across are black, and I can literally feel the girls looking at me up and down, or touching my hair asking if it’s real and the intense glares. I have hair that goes down to my hips and this black guy pulled it so hard once and he ran away. Or the small snarky little forehead comments, or the distinction they make constantly, especially about my head and features etc. I’ve experienced discrimination from black teachers , who would tell other black students not to hang out with me because I’m Somali and that my people are bad when I was literally a fucking minority in that place. I’d hear a black mum talk shit about Somalis to her kids right in front of me (I was literally 6 years old back then). And when non black people would be racist towards me and say shit about my skin colour, the small amount of black students would laugh! Like literally laugh and act like they didn’t care when they were A LOT darker than me, had waaay coarser hair than me, wider features etc, it was so confusing. (Honestly now that I’m older it’s kind of funny lol) Also the guys are very disgusting, I could be minding my business and they will say the most wild shit (not going to say because it’s inappropriate and I fear allah) I don’t know what these other xalimos see in them tbh. They feel comfortable telling me to my face that they don’t like Somalis at all but wouldn’t mind giving me a chance. They just hate me for no reason for the most part but though that’s petty incidents.
But something that really got me pressed is the whole George floyd situation and other black men who get killed by police brutality and people going ballistic yeah but when fucking dolal died and countless other Somali men died nobody gives a shit but the Somali community. All I’m saying is I wasn’t racist or anti black, I played fair and tried to be nice to these people. I tried to give them a chance but they decided to be rude and give me a hard time. Don’t they say we’re anti black and problematic? so why when we do give you a chance and we’re alright with you it’s a problem? I’m no longer extending my loyalty to them at all and ONLY to Somali people strictly. There ain’t no fucking black people unity. I had to learn my lesson the hard way !!!

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
i myself have been mocked and light jokes made to me simply for looking somali , its why i dont hang around with some ajnabis anymore... whats funny is that arabs rarely dont mock or make jokes about somalis from my experience its mainly from madows and timo jilecs..

big up arab peeps

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
i myself have been mocked and light jokes made to me simply for looking somali , its why i dont hang around with some ajnabis anymore... whats funny is that arabs rarely dont mock or make jokes about somalis from my experience its mainly from madows and timo jilecs..

big up arab peeps
The funny thing is that most arabs treat us as equals but some people on this forum hate them and try to link us to africa who does not treat us well.

big up arab peeps
Wow you’re lucky. Arabs and people from the Middle East don’t like me either and I’ve experienced the harshest form of racism from them tbh

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I know some of you lot think this “race/ Somalis aren’t black debacle/debate is rinsed out and soo 2016. Wallahi I’m absolutely exhausted and I don’t want to paint myself as a victim because I absolutely can’t stand people feeling sorry for me. However, I feel like I need to say this as I’m tired of other black people hating me, simply for being Somali.
Anti Somali hate is a real thing. I’m not surrounded by Somali people (unfortunately, which is the problem. I’m literally a one somali girl army) so the only POC I come across are black, and I can literally feel the girls looking at me up and down, or touching my hair asking if it’s real and the intense glares. I have hair that goes down to my hips and this black guy pulled it so hard once and he ran away. Or the small snarky little forehead comments, or the distinction they make constantly, especially about my head and features etc. I’ve experienced discrimination from black teachers , who would tell other black students not to hang out with me because I’m Somali and that my people are bad when I was literally a fucking minority in that place. I’d hear a black mum talk shit about Somalis to her kids right in front of me (I was literally 6 years old back then). And when non black people would be racist towards me and say shit about my skin colour, the small amount of black students would laugh! Like literally laugh and act like they didn’t care when they were A LOT darker than me, had waaay coarser hair than me, wider features etc, it was so confusing. (Honestly now that I’m older it’s kind of funny lol) Also the guys are very disgusting, I could be minding my business and they will say the most wild shit (not going to say because it’s inappropriate and I fear allah) I don’t know what these other xalimos see in them tbh. They feel comfortable telling me to my face that they don’t like Somalis at all but wouldn’t mind giving me a chance. They just hate me for no reason for the most part but though that’s petty incidents.
But something that really got me pressed is the whole George floyd situation and other black men who get killed by police brutality and people going ballistic yeah but when fucking dolal died and countless other Somali men died nobody gives a shit but the Somali community. All I’m saying is I wasn’t racist or anti black, I played fair and tried to be nice to these people. I tried to give them a chance but they decided to be rude and give me a hard time. Don’t they say we’re anti black and problematic? so why when we do give you a chance and we’re alright with you it’s a problem? I’m no longer extending my loyalty to them at all and ONLY to Somali people strictly. There ain’t no fucking black people unity. I had to learn my lesson the hard way !!!
I dont know what country you live but here in the netherlands i never had that problem Maybe because iam a man. Ofcourse people made jokes about my forehead but i made jokes back about their nose:mjlaugh:
Wallahi i depends on your personality. Maybe you are shy to talk back

Alluring

Sayonara
Do you live in the U.K, why are somalis bullied so much there?

I live in the U.S, and no cares about us like that to be constantly bullying us aside from the occasional forehead joke.

I dont know what country you live but here in the netherlands i never had that problem Maybe because iam a man. Ofcourse people made jokes about my forehead but i made jokes back about their nose:mjlaugh:
Wallahi i depends on your personality. Maybe you are shy to talk back
I’m not shy lol when I was younger I had a baby face and nobody took me seriously. People just hated me for no reason

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
I’m not shy lol when I was younger I had a baby face and nobody took me seriously. People just hated me for no reason

most of somali peeps between ages 10-20 got that baby face , it balances out in there 20s and ajnabis find that intimidating asf , mr steal your wife in da house beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech :lolbron:

whenever I read posts like these i start being grateful for where I grew up lol. in my neighbourhood madows are a minority and its mostly indians, pakistanis, north africans, somalis etc. (most of em muslim) never had issues with the madows in my area either:kanyeshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.