Alcoholism in the Somali community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niggas smelling of alcohol is the last thing we need in our community. If more Somalis start drinking then they'll end up in the same state as aborigines cause of alcohol
:kanyehmm:

VixR

Veritas
They're not similar at all. Khat is kinda like coffee on steroids. It allows you to stay awake for long periods of time without feeling the slightest bit tired. It also gives you a somewhat euphoric feeling and makes you more talkative.

It's a really rare thing for me, but I do enjoy it. Here in the west it's really expensive, but I did it a lot more i when I was in Somalia and Kenya because over there it's cheap as dirt.

Is the euphoric feeling you described better than a weed high?

How much is it for a...bushel?:mjlol:

No, but I honestly do want to see what the hype is all about.

The smell of alcohol alone turns my stomach

:susp::susp:

I swear you're a weedhead :pacspit:

No lie most of it taste disgusting. You have to be picky with it. Or maybe I'm just not used to the taste lol I liked the ones mixed with coke and juice. Apple cider is really nice too.

Beer is rank lol I'm never trying that

Nothing like a bottle of Sauvignon blanc whilst relaxing in the back garden in the summertime, miyaa?:mjohreally:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Never had that :mjohreally:
But occasionally yeah, at a social event

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Niggas smelling of alcohol is the last thing we need in our community. If more Somalis start drinking then they'll end up in the same state as aborigines cause of alcohol
:kanyehmm:

I was recently accosted by an aggressive Somali drunk that could've been my grandfather.

:francis:

Adeer toban doolar ma haysaa?

Gave it to him and he shows up 20 mins later even drunker than before

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I swear you're a weedhead :pacspit:

No lie most of it taste disgusting. You have to be picky with it. Or maybe I'm just not used to the taste lol I liked the ones mixed with coke and juice. Appple cider is really nice too.

Beer is rank lol I'm never trying that

Weed is pretty harmless and good for a laugh for a few hours.

Alcohol turns you into an incontinent xayawaan subhanallah.

I would most definitely be one of those raging angry drunks :icon lol:

Weed makes me a compassionate miskeen that has unironically gotten teary eyed from sad movies :icon lol:

I was recently accosted by an aggressive Somali drunk that could've been my grandfather.

Adeer toban doolar ma haysaa?

Gave it to him and he shows up 20 mins later even drunker than before

Thats the very reason why i stopped giving money to poor/homeless people. Instead i buy food & hot drinks for them. Money is only gonna fuel their drug & alcohol addiction.
:snoop:

Who here is drogistor?:mjlol:

I had a strict upbringing, probably most ppl have...Idk. But I've still had/tried alcohol drinks occasionally.

Fair enough.

I've noticed that Somalis are the only culture to not have an alcohol making tradition. Even the butt-naked nilotics of Kenya and Ethiopia make alcohol from honey. This is probably why we can't handle liquor.

Weed is pretty harmless and good for a laugh for a few hours.

Alcohol turns you into an incontinent xayawaan subhanallah.

I would most definitely be one of those raging angry drunks :icon lol:

Weed makes me a compassionate miskeen that has unironically gotten teary eyed from sad movies :icon lol:

You don't know until you try :hemad:

Don't know about weed but alcohol makes me super giggly lmao like I'm a happy drunk

VixR

Veritas
Fair enough.

I've noticed that Somalis are the only culture to not have an alcohol making tradition. Even the butt-naked nilotics of Kenya and Ethiopia make alcohol from honey. This is probably why we can't handle liquor.
I think ppl who can't handle liquor cant bc they're stupid with it. Like maybe there's some truth to what AJ said about their liking to get blackout drunk. I I haven't drank with or watched Somalis drink so I can't provide my usual astute armchair analysis :icon lol:, but usually ppl who get blackout don't have a sense of control unless it's deliberate. At some point, you have to learn your limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending