Ajnabis claiming Somali is/came from Arabic

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Thinks:
- Islam Culture
- Arabic script
- Cushitic family

It's a no brainer!
That Af Somali has been strongly influenced by Islamic-Arabic world including common use of borrowed/remixed words.

However, they're two different languages with only one holding a true influence over another. Most will say Arabic is the dominant lingua-franca of old times so naturally will adher to it. A few others may disagree and go that the original Cushitic language is yet ever evolving to form the other languages existence as time goes on.

Only one of these languages is the truth while the other is only a beautiful symbol.
(Language Threads are Lit)

In super simple:
One language birthed the other.
But both evolved to their own 😎

Erythrean

🇺🇸 PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Yes your language written in gaal Latin script is better than the language of the Qur’an. Of course.

View attachment 251516
Am I supposed to care about that? And we did have a native script too dumbass! We used Sabean!
40BADD4D-45AA-4FE4-AB24-3EAE3CAA599C.png

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
My friend but we are not gaalo and it’s just words. Right know u r using this gaalo words don’t u see the hypocrisy.
What hypocrisy? The common language of this forum is English so I’d speak it.

I don’t want to denigrate the Somali language but I just wanna point out Arabic is a richer language (many more words) and important to our faith.

It’s regretful it is written in Latin. The dictator Siad Barre was presented with three options for the Somali language. Arabic script, Osmaniya script, or Latin script. He chose the idea his clanmate and cousin presented, which was Latin script.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
He chose the idea his clanmate and cousin presented, which was Latin script.
However, the sad thing about thst idea was to rapidly increase literacy. At the time, it worked. (Though not sufficient entierely.)

I'm for a blended dual script system inturn..
That seems more traditional to greet eyes.

I don’t want to denigrate the Somali language but I just wanna point out Arabic is a richer language (many more words) and important to our faith.

It’s regretful it is written in Latin. The dictator Siad Barre was presented with three options for the Somali language. Arabic script, Osmaniya script, or Latin script. He chose the idea his clanmate and cousin presented, which was Latin script.
Don’t mention the great said barre name, his dead. And second somali language sound better and is more beautiful and richer than the arabic sorry mate it’s the truth.

Erythrean

What natives script because I know Somali language wasn’t written we were verbally people
Search up Sabean language script. If I remember correctly the Ge’ez script that Eritrea/Ethiopia uses derived off it and we had our own derived version as well. Just go to the culture and history section of the forum.

Erythrean

He also could’ve used our native ancient script but he chose efficiency instead. Once Somalia develops we can go back to our old script! Inshallah!

Erythrean

However, the sad thing about thst idea was to rapidly increase literacy. At the time, it worked. (Though not sufficient entierely.)

I'm for a blended dual script system inturn..
That seems more traditional to greet eyes.
What’s that mean? 🤔

Erythrean

Who created the wiki is saying is yemeni origin
Yeah the Horn of Africa used it as well too. We have deep connection going back with them for thousands of years! We simply borrowed it from them. It’s not really bad. All of Europe copies Roman script.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Some ME arabs look down on Amazigh and North Africans so much they’d rather claim Somalis over them. Only some though but it’s weird. Why do they distance themselves from NAs? NAs improve Arabs averages looks/height by a lot!

I think Arabs generally like Somalis because we don’t claim their culture and do our own thing.

We also share a nomadic culture which is centred around camel meat and milk unlike North Africa and the Levant.

North African culture is looked down upon because it’s seen as “too foreign”. They’re also falsely accused of being witches by other Arabs.

Also and most importantly, Somalis in the Arab world mind their business and don’t get into any trouble. They’re also seen as hard workers and not demanding special treatment because they’re “Arab”.

I think Arabs generally like Somalis because we don’t claim their culture and do our own thing.

We also share a nomadic culture which is centred around camel meat and milk unlike North Africa and the Levant.

North African culture is looked down upon because it’s seen as “too foreign”. They’re also falsely accused of being witches by other Arabs.

Also and most importantly, Somalis in the Arab world mind their business and don’t get into any trouble. They’re also seen as hard workers and not demanding special treatment because they’re “Arab”.
No, Arab just don’t know nothing about Somalia wallhy I remember yemeni people asking me if Somalis are habasha or if we have Christian’s. Arab don’t really care that much about somalia.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
What’s that mean? 🤔
Reading in certain scripts was limited area.
However since a Latin-Script was already in use. It became modified for long term public education. It's use was not to teach the Latin alphabet but mass-reading for public use of Somali language.

Long story short: Read Fast - Take Orders.
Not the "My Language" prides first, no sir.
An educated republic is a productive one.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
No, Arab just don’t know nothing about Somalia wallhy I remember yemeni people asking me if Somalis are habasha or if we have Christian’s. Arab don’t really care that much about somalia.

Yemen isn’t really a great example, most of them are very uneducated and khat addicted.

They can’t even tell you the capital of their own country let alone anything about Somalia.

I’ve been to most of the Arab world, Somalis are well known and liked.

Yemen isn’t really a great example, most of them are very uneducated and khat addicted.

They can’t even tell you the capital of their own country let alone anything about Somalia.

I’ve been to most of the Arab world, Somalis are well known and liked.
I been in saudia Arabia to they too don’t care and know anything about us