Agnostic Somalis are just the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump

Ok, but I disagree. I can safely conclude with the best of my abilities that Allah doesn't exist simply through critical analysis of Islam. If I dismiss Islam, then I have no reason to believe in Allah who is a product of Islam. I can do the same thing with other religions. Atheism is a mere lack of belief therefore one can argue that even agnostics are atheists.

If you're speaking from a philosophical perspective, then I agree with you.

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
Thinking of one from the top of my head and assuming this being is sentient (conscious), if it reconfigured the stars for example in a way that spells out a certain clear message like "I'm God and I exist" or whatever, then I'd definitely have no choice but believe. It could even be done with clouds.

Got you, why would a sign in the sky that occurs during a certain point in time only, constitute are solid evidence of a higher power? Kinda cliche no?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Got you, why would a sign in the sky that occurs during a certain point in time only, constitute are solid evidence of a higher power? Kinda cliche no?

It is kind of cliché but it was the one I thought of.

If the constellation of stars were to change to read "I am God and I want you to do..." Or whatever, then it would literally be impossible to find a rational explanation for such a phenomenon.

Mike Hunt

If the constellation of stars were to change to read "I am God and I want you to do..." Or whatever, then it would literally be impossible to find a rational explanation for such a phenomenon.

Yeah it would be kinda of hard to refute a higher power after that.....So then would the god of the gaps fallacy be a valid way of determining gods existence?

Mike Hunt

I ask that because if the constellation did change and read "I am god and i want you to..." that in itself would be a gap...would you agree?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Yeah it would be kinda of hard to refute a higher power after that.....So then would the god of the gaps fallacy be a valid way of determining gods existence?

I don't think it is. I mean, placing your God in the blind spots of science is highly ludicrous in my view. Some try to determine that God must exist due to the close proximity of the Big Bang and any small change would've changed the universe entirely. The problem with that is it's based on ignorance and arrogance. Our reality would not have existed but that doesn't mean that some other reality might've come into existence. It puts too much emphasis on our existence when in reality we're so insignificant you wouldn't be able to imagine. We're just a product of our environment.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I ask that because if the constellation did change and read "I am god and i want you to..." that in itself would be a gap...would you agree?

I don't agree because the constellations will not change for another millions of years and thus for it to suddenly just reconfigure itself and read something like that, that to me would be a miracle.

VixR

Veritas
It depends on who you talk to. I'm an agnostic atheist and most mainstream atheists will fall under that category too. I don't know if there is a God (agnosticism) but I don't believe there is one (atheism). Combines you get, agnostic atheist.
I'm the same, an agnostic atheist. I wouldn't claim to be an agnostic alone as that complicates matters, and has certain connotations not in line with my outlook.

I consider gnostics, which includes atheists that make god claims (that a god(s) absolutely doesn't exist) and the religious alike, to hold extreme, intellectually indefensible positions.
image.jpeg

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I'm the same, an agnostic atheist. I wouldn't claim to be an agnostic alone as that complicates matters, and has certain connotations not in line with my outlook.

I consider gnostics, which includes atheists that make god claims (that a god(s) absolutely doesn't exist) and the religious alike, to hold extreme, intellectually indefensible positions. View attachment 8117

Yeah, perfectly illustrated. Most theists and a lot of people on here would definitely claim that they KNOW God exists.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir

I consider gnostics, which includes atheists that make god claims (that a god(s) absolutely doesn't exist) and the religious alike, to hold extreme, intellectually indefensible positions. View attachment 8117

This is a common misconception Muslims have when they come across the likes of us. They wish to label us something we aren't (Gnostic Atheists) and will make the subsequent argument "you believe something came from nothing yada yada" when we simply make the claim that we don't know how this Universe initially came about; but neither does anyone else.

Mike Hunt

I don't agree because the constellations will not change for another millions of years and thus for it to suddenly just reconfigure itself and read something like that, that to me would be a miracle.

Exactly to you it would be a miracle...A miracle would constitute as an extraordinary event that is neither explicable by nature or science. In other words it would be a "gap".

So you refute the god of the gaps fallacy as evidence of a higher power, but would accept a miracle(gap) occurring as evidence of a higher power.

There are tons of miracles science can't explain.

Mike Hunt

I don't think it is. I mean, placing your God in the blind spots of science is highly ludicrous in my view. Some try to determine that God must exist due to the close proximity of the Big Bang and any small change would've changed the universe entirely. The problem with that is it's based on ignorance and arrogance. Our reality would not have existed but that doesn't mean that some other reality might've come into existence. It puts too much emphasis on our existence when in reality we're so insignificant you wouldn't be able to imagine. We're just a product of our environment.

Strawman.

Mike Hunt

Nah, i'm a spy sent here to push a secret miseducation agenda directed toward the Somali diaspora online.

Status
Not open for further replies.