Afran Qallu

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/beeshadir.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/2/amp/

It isn’t only me who believes Qaldho Dir exists, I’m not trolling lol.

And funnily enough I have family who faught fot WSLF

That website and others like it spew a lot of bullshit. They are run by ignorant fuc.kers IMO. Just because a large percentage of the biggest subclan (Daga) are of Dir origin they wrongly conflate Afran Qallo as a whole with Dir by assuming a 'Qaldho' Dir clan exists when that is not clearly the case. The Afran Qallo number in the millions, they are not all of Dir origin.

I don't know if you are for real, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. The Afran Qallo are for the most part culturally indistinguishable from Somalis that they neighbour and are relatively observant when it comes to Islam. They suffered heavily during Menelik's reign and have no love for the Habasha hence they found common cause with the proper Somalis.

Not small, the entire subclan is Yabarre.
They live in the kolmucha area untill outside of Harar. Yabare Jidwaaq contributed 50k soldiers for the Adal empire. And everywhere they went we stayed and preached the Quran and Oromos are known for having the best land so I don’t blame them for not leaving.

They live in the kolmucha area untill outside of Harar. Yabare Jidwaaq contributed 50k soldiers for the Adal empire. And everywhere they went we stayed and preached the Quran and Oromos are known for having the best land so I don’t blame them for not leaving.
The Yabares there are well known for being Khat Dealers and being in that government but we haven’t been asslimated and most other yabares like myself live in the Jigjiga and it’s surroundings.

Not denying it. Just stating most Noole claim Oromo while knowing their lineage etc. Nothing to deny. And when it comes to Jarso and Hune, large amounts of them claim Somali over Oromo. It depends where they are located and which clans they associate with. But origins are different.

As a whole they originated as Oromos but absorbed during the Gada days where mogasa(adoption) was accepted.

Afran Qallo only came into existence after the Futuh Al Habash wars when Somalis and Oromos confederated. My question is did the Somalis join this confederacy before the 19th century because their Muslim beliefs would not have permitted them to partake in the Gada rituals and the process of Mogasa?

Afran Qallo only came into existence after the Futuh Al Habash wars when Somalis and Oromos confederated. My question is did the Somalis join this confederacy before the 19th century because their Muslim beliefs would not have permitted them to partake in the Gada rituals and the process of Mogasa?

AQ goes back before that period. The reason they turned to eachother was for political alliance and became a confederation. I believe all the Nooles in Oromia be it Hararge, Wallaga, Wallo etc were once one clan. The Jarso, the Arsi, the Aroji etc. They all just split and joined new confederations which took place prior to the 16th century.

For the case of the Somali. It depends on the clan, and location. At a point, the Gurgura were labeled as Gurgura Warra Oromo Noole.

They took part in the Gada rituals and were part of the Raaba Doori(AQ version of Gada). I sent you something before in regards to Sh. Bakhari Sapalo. A well know Oromo who’s father converted to Islam 16 years prior to his birth. They hail from the Gurgura clan.

So with this said, it depends on when they started to associate with other Oromos. Clans like Bursuuk are recent, Gurgura have had a longer history. And you have others like the Yabarre etc. I don’t have full detail as to when assimilation took place but I know it must have been between the late 18th and early 19th century.

Listen to this jaarso guy . He talks about a trip he made to the hararghe area and he talks about the Somali clans who he met there. He also says everyone has abtirsin ,even though he speaks somali and not afaan oromo he knows oromo because his abtirsin tells him so. Also he says the only thing that makes someone oromo is language, thats all.

He names the clans he met like yabarre, hawiye, sheikh haal, harti and that their identity doesn't pass their qabil.

@kobe @Ferrari

AQ goes back before that period. The reason they turned to eachother was for political alliance and became a confederation. I believe all the Nooles in Oromia be it Hararge, Wallaga, Wallo etc were once one clan. The Jarso, the Arsi, the Aroji etc. They all just split and joined new confederations which took place prior to the 16th century.

For the case of the Somali. It depends on the clan, and location. At a point, the Gurgura were labeled as Gurgura Warra Oromo Noole.

They took part in the Gada rituals and were part of the Raaba Doori(AQ version of Gada). I sent you something before in regards to Sh. Bakhari Sapalo. A well know Oromo who’s father converted to Islam 16 years prior to his birth. They hail from the Gurgura clan.

So with this said, it depends on when they started to associate with other Oromos. Clans like Bursuuk are recent, Gurgura have had a longer history. And you have others like the Yabarre etc. I don’t have full detail as to when assimilation took place but I know it must have been between the late 18th and early 19th century.

I am not talking clans that retained their Somali/Muslim identity. I am talking about Somalis in the Noole and Jaarso. Did they lose their identity before the 19th century when the Oromo that swooped down on Hararghe were pagans?

As for the Afran Qallo as a clan name, it did not exist before the Futuh Al Habash Wars and only came into existence after the Oromos settled in the Harar area.

I am not talking clans that retained their Somali/Muslim identity. I am talking about Somalis in the Noole and Jaarso. Did they lose their identity before the 19th century when the Oromo that swooped down on Hararghe were pagans?

As for the Afran Qallo as a clan name, it did not exist before the Futuh Al Habash Wars and only came into existence after the Oromos settled in the Harar area.

I’m not sure of this bro. I still can’t get the information I need. Amongst Oromo scholars in Ethiopia, many that really knew this stuff have passed away and the younger generations just know Oromo is Oromo, and that is Oromo etc etc. It’s hard to get much info. I’m still digging for it. Hopefully my soon trip to the mother land will help.

Qallo did exist. Just a smaller clan the became large later on.

I’m not sure of this bro. I still can’t get the information I need. Amongst Oromo scholars in Ethiopia, many that really knew this stuff have passed away and the younger generations just know Oromo is Oromo, and that is Oromo etc etc. It’s hard to get much info. I’m still digging for it. Hopefully my soon trip to the mother land will help.

I know Qallo existed but they are not Dir. They are a priestly clan among the AQ of Sheekhaal Harari origin, not 'Qaldho Dir' as some wrongfully claim.

When you land in Dire, travel to the Mana Abu lands on the outskirts of Harar and make inquiries on my behalf please.

:nvjpqts:

I know Qallo existed but they are not Dir. They are a priestly clan among the AQ of Sheekhaal Harari origin, not 'Qaldho Dir' as some wrongfully claim.

When you land in Dire, travel to the Mana Abu lands on the outskirts of Harar and make inquiries on my behalf please.

:nvjpqts:

Look at my previous post above. That guy talks about his travels through that area and he mentions that he came across sheekhaal people. Are those the people you're talking about?

Qallu and Qallo are 2 different names and clans.

Qallu are placed under Ittu in today’s clan structure but they aren’t actually Ittu.

It’s like Sheekhal being under the Hawiye structure but not of Hawiye Origin.

Will definitely try to get as much info as possible.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
That website and others like it spew a lot of bullshit. They are run by ignorant fuc.kers IMO. Just because a large percentage of the biggest subclan (Daga) are of Dir origin they wrongly conflate Afran Qallo as a whole with Dir by assuming a 'Qaldho' Dir clan exists when that is not clearly the case. The Afran Qallo number in the millions, they are not all of Dir origin.

I don't know if you are for real, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. The Afran Qallo are for the most part culturally indistinguishable from Somalis that they neighbour and are relatively observant when it comes to Islam. They suffered heavily during Menelik's reign and have no love for the Habasha hence they found common cause with the proper Somalis.

You can’t call them ignorant when you aren’t from Afran Qallo either.

Look at my previous post above. That guy talks about his travels through that area and he mentions that he came across sheekhaal people. Are those the people you're talking about?

I was mainly talking about the subclans of Dir origin among the Noole, Huume and Jaarso. These clans are not all Dir as is evident but several subclans among them are of Dir origin.

In the video you posted, the guy is talking about what is common knowledge. The Babille Oromo have a lot of Hawiye; Kombolcha Gurguras in the Oromo East Hararghe Zone; Sheekhal Oromos etc. The Hartis that live with the Gurgura of Dire Dawa region are called Harti Gab and are attached to them. However, a larger prominent independent group of Hartis are presumably found among the Ala AQ. He is wrong abut one thing though. Jaarso are a confederation of Somalis and Oromos, only some subclans are of Oromo origin whilst others are of Somali origin; mainly Dir with the exception of the Balcad subclan of Darood origin.

Last edited:

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
I was mainly talking about the subclans of Dir origin among the Noole, Huume and Jaarso. These clans are not all Dir as is evident but several subclans among them are of Dir origin.

In the video you posted, the guy is talking about what is common knowledge. The Babille Oromo have a lot of Hawiye; Kombolcha Gurguras in the Oromo East Hararghe Zone, Sheekhals etc. The Hartis that live with the Gurgura of Dire Dawa region are called Harti Gab and are attached to them. However, a larger prominent independent group of Hartis are presumably found among the Ala AQ. He is wrong abut one thing though. Jaarso are a confederation of Somalis and Oromos, only some subclans are of Oromo origin whilst others are of Somali origin; mainly Dir with the exception of the Balcad subclan of Darood origin.
So some humme subclans are dir?

In the video you posted, the guy is talking about what is common knowledge. The Babille Oromo have a lot of Hawiye; Kombolcha Gurguras in the Oromo East Hararghe Zone, Sheekhals etc. The Hartis that live with the Gurgura of Dire Dawa region are called Harti Gab and are attached to them. However, a larger prominent independent group of Hartis are presumably found among the Ala AQ. He is wrong abut one thing though. Jaarso are a confederation of Somalis and Oromos, only some subclans are of Oromo origin whilst others are of Somali origin; mainly Dir with the exception of the Balcad subclan of Darood origin.
oh because at 36 minutes he says the sheekhaal are called qallu, thats why I wanted you to watch it I thought you were talking about that

Listen to this jaarso guy . He talks about a trip he made to the hararghe area and he talks about the Somali clans who he met there. He also says everyone has abtirsin ,even though he speaks somali and not afaan oromo he knows oromo because his abtirsin tells him so. Also he says the only thing that makes someone oromo is language, thats all.

He names the clans he met like yabarre, hawiye, sheikh haal, harti and that their identity doesn't pass their qabil.

@kobe @Ferrari
interesting.

he confirms what I was saying.

oh because at 36 minutes he says the sheekhaal are called qallu, thats why I wanted you to watch it I thought you were talking about that

Refer to Afran's last post, the guy was probably referring to those Oromised Sheekhaals but who is to say they were Somali to begin with as the Sheekhaals are associated with the Harari people.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
I can because there is nothing like a Qaldho Dir clan in our clan folklore.

I can only confirm that the Warra Bursukh of the Humme are Dir. I am not familiar with the clan breakdown of the other Warra.

In my mothers abtirisi Qaldho isn’t the son of dir but the grandson of madaxweyn dir btw.

In my mothers abtirisi Qaldho isn’t the son of dir but the grandson of madaxweyn dir btw.

Another troll account!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts