Afran Qallu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesisx72

living off borrowed time
Your dad is Somali, so you are Somali. Just cause your mother's clan may technically be Oromo, doesn't make you less Somali lmao.

My great grandmother was also oromonized somali, she was from haramaya and Harar, my great grandfather along with other elders of the somali region was invited to Harar by Haile Selassie and was given these girls as gifts :denzelnigga:

If I had to guess, I would guess that the ESomali population does not actually have that many admixed people, and that most of the Oromo admixture is limited to Dir in Jigjiga and Afdheer and the Garre in Liban. I don't think that Ogaden in Nogob, for example, have any Oromo admixture. And if they do, it is most certainly mediated through the Sheekhaal who intermarry with both Ogaden and Oromo.

The Oromo are not an ethnic group.

The Jidwaaq and Geri of Jigjiga Region both definitely have 'non-Somali' admixture as evidenced by their historical dealings with the Oromo. So do the Ogaden that live in the frontier districts of Nogob, Godey and Afdheer. Irrespective of clan, all current Somalis that live on the frontier will plausibly have male ancestors that mated with a non-Somali at a particular historical junction.

As for Nogob, don't you know that the OG neighbour both the Akisho and the billingual Hawiye of Babille? As a matter of fact, the Akisho in Nogob are indistinguishable from the Ogaden that they intermarry with. The Sheekhaal that lived in the midst of the Ogaden did not have a border with the Oromos until they migrated to Raaso so don't blame any Oromo admixture that the Nogob OG may have on them.

As for Afdheer, it is well documented that the Cawlayahan mated with Oromo women when they pushed South of the Shabelle River. Gunther Schlee even commented on this fact.

All in all, the idea that there is a pure Somali genetic profile that has remain unchanged over millennia is fanciful unless we come across A-dna that supports such a claim. We are a patriarchal ethnic group that only formed in the last millennium or so, doesn't matter who you historically with mated as long as you pass for Somali and have a paternal blood line linking you to Somalis.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The Jidwaaq and Geri of Jigjiga Region both definitely have 'non-Somali' admixture as evidenced by their historical dealings with the Oromo. So do the Ogaden that live in the frontier districts of Nogob, Godey and Afdheer. Irrespective of clan, all current Somalis that live on the frontier will plausibly have male ancestors that mated with a non-Somali at a particular historical junction.

As for Nogob, don't you know that the OG neighbour both the Akisho and the billingual Hawiye of Babille? As a matter of fact, the Akisho in Nogob are indistinguishable from the Ogaden that they intermarry with. The Sheekhaal that lived in the midst of the Ogaden did not have a border with the Oromos until they migrated to Raaso so don't blame any Oromo admixture that the Nogob OG may have on them.

As for Afdheer, it is well documented that the Cawlayahan mated with Oromo women when they pushed South of the Shabelle River. Gunther Schlee even commented on this fact.

All in all, the idea that there is a pure Somali genetic profile that has remain unchanged over millennia is fanciful unless we come across A-dna that supports such a claim. We are a patriarchal ethnic group that only formed in the last millennium or so, doesn't matter who you historically with mated as long as you pass for Somali and have a paternal blood line linking you to Somalis.

Anonimo, saying all have some non-Somali admixture recently is a stretch. Don't use absolutes without proof.

What is equally as fanciful is claiming that some Somalis are not recently admixed.

:yacadiim: Only thoroughbred Dirs in my hood. Hybrids aka Somali wild asses are no good. Insha'Allah the DNA is coming, bro.

Anonimo, saying all have some non-Somali admixture recently is a stretch. Don't use absolutes without proof.

What is equally as fanciful is claiming that some Somalis are not recently admixed.

:yacadiim: Only thoroughbred Dirs in my hood. Hybrids aka Somali wild asses are no good. Insha'Allah the DNA is coming, bro.

I said all frontier clans 'plausibly' have non-Somali admixture, that is not a stretch nor is it an absolutist statement. Considering the historically fluid frontier of the Somali ethnic border and a penchant for taking concubines or intermarrying with assimilated non-Somalis be they Hararis/Oromos etc, my statement is within reason.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I said all frontier clans 'plausibly' have non-Somali admixture, that is not a stretch nor is it an absolutist statement. Considering the historically fluid frontier of the Somali ethnic border and a penchant for taking concubines or intermarrying with assimilated non-Somalis be they Hararis/Oromos etc, my statement is within reason.

Define the parameters of frontier. :dabcasar: Also, what if you have no harem blood? :mahubowtf: What then of your hypothesis. Is that an outlier?

Define the parameters of frontier. :dabcasar: Also, what if you have no harem blood? :mahubowtf:

Any clan that directly neighbours non-Somali Horners etc. One can also possess Harem blood indirectly via Harem offspring, thus acquiring non-Somali ancestry. No wonder the inhabitants of Jigjiga region are more bug-eyed than the average Somali.:drakekidding:

I think they are prettier for supposedly having 'exotic' ancestry, more so than some of the Black/Blue inhabitants of the Red Sea coasts of Puntland, Somaliland and coastal Central Somalia.

I shall now excuse myself from what is fast becoming a supremacist thread.:icon arrow:

Bohol

VIP
Only weak clans assimilated into Oromos. Some of those groups were in the hundreds of thousands at that time yet succumbed to Oromo assimilation.

Only weak clans assimilated into Oromos.

The clans that have become Oromoised were oddly enough the clans that neighboured Harar and contributed heavily to the Futuh Al Habasha wars.

The clans you see today were not exactly the bravest in times gone by. Ajuuran held off the Oromos and fought the Habasha in Qalafo. Today, many have assimilated into the Boran.

Every Dog Has His Day.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Any clan that directly neighbours non-Somali Horners etc. One can also possess Harem blood indirectly via Harem offspring, thus acquiring non-Somali ancestry. No wonder the inhabitants of Jigjiga region are more bug-eyed than the average Somali.:drakekidding:

I think they are prettier for supposedly having 'exotic' ancestry, more so than some of the Black/Blue inhabitants of the Red Sea coasts of Puntland, Somaliland and coastal Central Somalia.

I shall now excuse myself from what is fast becoming a supremacist thread.:icon arrow:

:siilaanyolaugh: Those birthing eyes are dying to explode out of their sockets like someone with a thyroid condition. Aesthetically lets agree to disagree my colour struck friend

Is that black Friday DNA discount still avaliable?

:yacadiim:I might even fork over some cash to do a comprehensive test myself. I pray to get results that conform to my biases :siilaanyosmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.