AFARS CLAIMING SOMALI CULTURE

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
It was introduced by Somali merchants and Isaaqs who lived in Aden like my family.It's Yemeni culture and the word is Arabic unless you have linguistic evidence that says otherwise?

Season 9 Waiting GIF by The Office
Like my family
:mindblown:
Get the f*ck out of here with that bullshit.
All my google findings state it was somalis that created it and then the somali groups that immigrated brought it to different countries from oman all the way down to southeastern africa. Now shut the f*ck up.
:mjdontkno:
I’m sure with some cadcads claiming Shaah saar as theres/yemeni origins, you’d be sitting there saying “yes my family was the one who saw yemenis doing it”
:umwhat:
I already know of the existence of the arabic meaning of diraac. You acting like 10%+ of Somali words isnt arabic in 2020.

You guys always claim anything any one yemeni also has as yemeni-origin. Does it ever occur to you langaabs that some things also in yemen originally came from us?
I’m sure you’d claim maraq/malawax as yemeni since they also eat it
:kodaksmiley:

Okay? How many words do we have that’s arabic??? You gonna say somalis never had chairs or beds before arabs?
:russ:
Yes Arab & Semitic civilization introduced a lot to Somalis and we are thankful for that (are you not thankful for Islam?) but I don't need to create fantasy history to feel proud unlike you following the footsteps of insecure madows with this historical revisionism and the leftist idea of gatekeeping culture.

How is the word Arabic?
Because it is lol...it's not that deep.Arabic and Semitic languages tend to have triliteral root words.This word meant something else in standard quranic arabic (coat of armor,chainmail,outter shell etc) but the Southern Yemenis changed the meaning to this cultural dress probably influenced by their pre-arabic language

Like my family
:mindblown:
Get the f*ck out of here with that bullshit.
All my google findings state it was somalis that created it and then the somali groups that immigrated brought it to different countries from oman all the way down to southeastern africa. Now shut the f*ck up.
:mjdontkno:
I’m sure with some cadcads claiming Shaah saar as theres/yemeni origins, you’d be sitting there saying “yes my family was the one who saw yemenis doing it”
:umwhat:
I already know of the existence of the arabic meaning of diraac. You acting like 10%+ of Somali words isnt arabic in 2020.

You guys always claim anything any one yemeni also has as yemeni-origin. Does it ever occur to you langaabs that some things also in yemen originally came from us?
I’m sure you’d claim maraq/malawax as yemeni since they also eat it
:kodaksmiley:
Still waiting for any actual evidence from scholars whether linguists or historians.Don't want to hear some video from that london waaqist crackhead in London Hyde's park :mjlol:

Dirac is Southern Yemeni...Should Yemenis be harassing us and accuse us of stealing tons of shit? Some of you Somali females be moving like those madow delusional afro-centrists tbh
Dirac originates in southern Somalia. My people have been dripped out for centuries while yours wear basic sadex qayd :camby:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Yes Arab & Semitic civilization introduced a lot to Somalis and we are thankful for that (are you not thankful for Islam?) but I don't need to create fantasy history to feel proud unlike you following the footsteps of insecure madows with this historical revisionism and the leftist idea of gatekeeping culture.
Everyone gatekeeps there culture to an extent. I’m thankful for the prophet saw and his companions, I’m not thankful for arabs or semites in the slightest.

Wallahi this is some langaabnimo.

• الدِّرْع : قَمِيصٌ مِنْ حَدِيدٍ يُلْبَسُ وِقَايَةً مِنَ السِّلاَحِ
Straight from an official Arabic dictionary :pachah1:

You leftist ethno-nationalists aren't that bright are you?
A dictionary in colloquial Arabic shows how it evolved from meaning shield,armor,coat of mail to a clothing women wear :mjdontkno:
  1. المعجم: عربي عامة
  2. درّعالمرأة
    • ألبَسَها قميصًا ترتديه في البيت.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
  • الدِّرْع : قَمِيصٌ مِنْ حَدِيدٍ يُلْبَسُ وِقَايَةً مِنَ السِّلاَحِ
Straight from an official Arabic dictionary :pachah1:

You leftist ethno-nationalists aren't that bright are you?
That makes absolutely zero difference. Explain its other name Shiid (as well as some calling it just baati) and Bacweyne then?
After all it’s northerners that call it diraac (proximity to yemen) and southerners that call it Shiid. And it ORIGINATED in Southern Somalia. Do also explain why yemenis rarely wear it if it’s theres?
:hahaidiot:
You in a lose-lose situation. Diraac/Shiid is a vital part of somali traditional clothing, that shit is from SOMALIA!
:salute:
You will not erase somalinino with your langaabnimo
:pacspit:

That makes absolutely zero difference. Explain itself other name Shiid then?
After all it’s northerners that call it diraac (proximity to yemen) and southerners that call it Shiid. And it ORIGINATED in Southern Somalia.
:hahaidiot:
You in a lose-lose situation. Diraac/Shiid is a vital part of somali traditional clothing, that shit is from SOMALIA!
:salute:
You will not erase somalinino with your langaabnimo
:pacspit:
Somali comes from the North not from the Swahili-Af maay country of qadaaweynistan

This is why you can’t have a convo with langaab landers
:ohlord:
Is Chimwiini,Mushinguli Bantu languages not spoken in your country of Somalia? Is Af-Maay a non-Somali language not have millions of speakers in your country? Perhaps we taught you what dirac was just like we showed you qaat but you couldn't pronounce the 3ayn as it doesn't exist in your language of Af-Maay

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
The first diraac seller in Aden even said that it was imported from Djibouti. It’s undeniably Somali, it’s worn by Somali women throughout Greater Somalia while it’s only traditionally worn by women in Aden. Somalis also lived in Aden in huge numbers back in the days, I believe at one point we were 20% of the population there.
Did you forget the abu langaabs family personally took it from Yemen
:heh:

Trending

Latest posts