7 reasons why Ethiopian people are way better than Somalian people

Status
Not open for further replies.
amharas deep down dont consider oromos ethiopians but get pissed off when they identify as oromo only. also amharas are the only ones that turn awkward when you ask them what tribe ethiopian. were as others act excited to tell you they are tigre or oromo or afar amharas will insist on ethiopian. they got amhara guilt from cuttin oromo women breasts off.:mjlol:

VixR

Veritas
I agree with you to be fair.

It is mainly outside the country if anything people will refer to 'Ethiopian'. Inside the country it's a different story. The term 'Habesha' is rarely used inside the country as well.

Amhara's are the most die-hard Ethiopian's, they will happily say Ethiopian over Amhara:pachah1:.
I know Habesha is an outside manifestation that's used more by the younger, Diasporan crowd, but that even there acceptance on who's considered Habesha or not differs with some ppl. Ethiopian is more inclusive, no room for debate there, but there are underlying tensions between certain groups.

I'm most familiar with Amharas. The closest Habesha person I know is half Ethiopian half Eri though. And I know there are big time tensions there too, understandably.

I know Habesha is an outside manifestation that's used more by the younger, Diasporan crowd, but that even there acceptance on who's considered Habesha or not differs with some ppl. Ethiopian is more inclusive, no room for debate there, but there are underlying tensions between certain groups.

I'm most familiar with Amharas. The closest Habesha person I know is half Ethiopian half Eri though. And I know there are big time tensions there too, understandably.
True.
And yeah there are many half-half's

VixR

Veritas
Out of which ones? I'm Ethiopian if a non-Ethiopian asks, and I'm still Ethiopian if an Ethiopian ask. I turn non Ethiopian when the Ethiopian assumes I speak Amharic:ufdup:.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I see. Do you use the Habesha label towards yourself?

There's this general disdain for Amharas, but they still seem to be dominant, or more visible. Idk if it's numbers, or bc everyone seems to speak the language.

I see. Do you use the Habesha label towards yourself?

There's this general disdain for Amharas, but they still seem to be dominant. Idk id it's numbers, or bc everyone seems to speak the language.

Well I do if I ever need too. We always mumble to whoever we are talking too while walking '___ habesha' when we see another Habesha looking person and say hello when we walk passed each other.

It's probably just history and language. The government didn't even put the right number of Amhara's I believe in the 2007 census and cut them off by like 2-3million:mjlol:.
They are like considered the average Ethiopians, I was just speaking to @HILIB-CUNE about it.

Out of which ones? I'm Ethiopian if a non-Ethiopian asks, and I'm still Ethiopian if an Ethiopian ask. I turn non Ethiopian when the Ethiopian assumes I speak Amharic:ufdup:.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How are you ok with speaking another ethnic group's language? lol

unironically, this type of shit is what destroyed our country

How are you ok with speaking another ethnic group's language? lol

unironically, this type of shit is what destroyed our country

What's wrong with speaking another ethnic group's language? I speak my own so whatever else I speak doesn't bother me one tiny bit:icon lol:. It's turned into the language of communication in Ethiopia now too anyways. Unless you thought I only speak Amharic....

I don't like this vibe that just because another language is more dominant and official, you forget your own language. That may have been the case before but not anymore. :icon lol:

What's wrong with speaking another ethnic group's language? I speak my own so whatever else I speak doesn't bother me one tiny bit:icon lol:. It's turned into the language of communication in Ethiopia now too anyways. Unless you thought I only speak Amharic....

I don't like this vibe that just because another language is more dominant and official, you forget your own language. That may have been the case before but not anymore. :icon lol:

loool speak for yourself my grasp of Somali has been slowly dying for years now, I might need to recharge back at Somalia soon.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
I've also noticed that they are also very quiet in public which isn't common among other African nationalities (South Sudanese and Somalians are probably the loudest).

I can't say for West Africans because I don't live in Europe, and aren't many here.

Wow, this is inaccurate on so many levels especially the part about less likely to cheat you and being more kind.
I can tell whoever wrote this has not lived with Ethiopians for awhile and seen their true faces you will love being Somali afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts