4 Somali Queens react to a West African bashing Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
The truth is we have several combinations of features, we also have all the sub Saharan African ones lol we’re not all light skin or brown many are as dark as nilotes lowkey:manny:
Some have harder hair like @Timo Madow and proud and some have wider noses, ethnic Somalis don’t all look the same so don’t pait it all with the same brush, even in the same family you’ll see wide differences :cosbyhmm:
Yeah some Somalis literally look Nilo Saharan. I look Indian/Pakistani apperanly except for my Madow hair.

P.S no ugly ass unibrow.

Tukraq

VIP
@geeljire madaxweyne

Sxb, @Tukraq has a point because racist Europeans called South-East Asians the yellow and haven't you heard about the term the 'yellow peril'?

What's the origin of the phrase 'The Yellow Peril'?

The phrase 'The Yellow Peril' is no longer used in anger, so to speak. The threat of Oriental hordes swarming west and engulfing 'civilised' societies was a widely held fear in the late 19th/early 20th centuries.

...…….The yellow was clearly an allusion to skin colour, although not to the cowardice suggested by the American term yellow bellied, which was coined later.

The fear in the West of the mysterious, and many believed unknowable, Orientals was as real at the turn of the 20th century as the fear of Muslims at the start of the 21st, and just as misguided.

The term Yellow Peril was coined following Japan's military defeat of China in 1895 and was generally applied to Japan. It has been reported as being coined by the German Kaiser Wilhelm II, in September 1895. If the Kaiser did coin the phrase then the date is incorrect as the term was used earlier that year by the Hungarian General Turr, in an assessment of Bismark. This was reported in several US newspaper at the time, including the Ohio paper The Sandusky Register, June 1895:

"The 'yellow peril' is more threatening than ever. Japan has made in a few years as much progress as other nations have made in centuries."

Read more on

BecDWQHCQAA6ezL.jpg

Barkad's sister is hot, what is her name? She reminds me of @Rahiko.
He thought it was just black and white, and that Asians and Indians were safe from race:chrisfreshhah: even Native Americans are race classified and are called red indians unlike those from the Indian subcontinent who are called brown:mjlol:

I have the most caucasoid features in this thread, y'all timo Madow/san weyn Somalians often accuse my tribe of being hindi :farole:

I've come to embrace that label :trumpsmirk:

Apollo

VIP
Some Somalis will look black & some will look Afro-asiatic.

Somalis aren't like Hispanics who have different ancestry % per individual. Ancestry percentages of Somalis are even across Greater Somalia more or less.

The only thing that really differentiates Somalis from one another is recent Bantu admixture. Recent Arab admixture is almost nonexistent.*

*There are some Somalis out there with Yemeni great grandparents or whatnot, but those are incredibly rare. Most Somalis claiming Yemeni on Social Media are hoaxers.

Apollo

VIP
Somalis back home don’t see a issue with that label, like I said even in the same family you will see different features, in the puntland elections two cousins were going at it
images

5EC7RcoA.jpg

Dani isn't Bantu admixed, he's just incredibly obese and has a massive double neck.

If he takes a genetics test he will come out as any other Somali without having any foreign ancestry.

You guys are obsessing over minuscule differences.

Tukraq

VIP
Dani doesn't look Bantu, he's just incredibly obese and has a massive double neck.

If he takes a genetics test he will come out as any other Somali without having any foreign ancestry.

You guys are obsessing over minuscule differences.
You can’t look at me with a straight face and say he’s not black is all I’m saying I mean he would fit in any subsaharan country, even Asad would be looked at as black where I’m from but it’s because there’s a lot of lightskins on the west coast

Apollo

VIP
You can’t look at me with a straight face and say he’s not black is all I’m saying I mean he would fit in any subsaharan country, even Asad would be looked at as black where I’m from but it’s because there’s a lot of lightskins on the west coast

All Somalis, even the lightest ones, are at times described as 'black' by Europeans/Whites, Northeast Asians, and even Arabs. In addition, Somalis do have loads of native East African ancestry. Big deal.

Black is a vague amorphous concept anyway and not a genuine thing that ties people closely together.

Tukraq

VIP
All Somalis, even the lightest ones, are described as 'black' by Europeans/Whites, Northeast Asians, and even Arabs. In addition, Somalis do have loads of native East African ancestry. Big deal.
Yeah I don’t see the big deal with being black but also separate and unrelated to Bantus :manny: they’re all the way from Nigeria they should stay there:susp:

Apollo

VIP
Yeah I don’t see the big deal with being black but also separate and unrelated to Bantus :manny: they’re all the way from Nigeria they should stay there:susp:

Most Romanis/Gypsies and Slavs are viewed as white, especially by Sub-Saharan Africans and East Asians, yet they still don't like each other and one group is invasive (from Northwest India) out of the two.

Tukraq

VIP
Most Romanis/Gypsies and Slavs are viewed as white, especially by Sub-Saharan Africans and East Asians, yet they still don't like each other and one group is invasive (from Northwest India) out of the two.
They pretty much are white or at least indoeuropean, but I get your point a Slav isn’t the same as a Irish but there both white same with us and Khoisan and nilotes, Bantus have just been expanding so people think they’re the meaning of black or african

Apollo

VIP
They pretty much are white or at least indoeuropean, but I get your point a Slav isn’t the same as a Irish but there both white same with us and Khoisan and nilotes, Bantus have just been expanding so people think they’re the meaning of black or african

The terms 'white' and 'black' are more important in the Americas/new world than in the old world (Afro-Eurasia). As Europeans and Africans have their own local identities and ancestries while in the Americas they are all mutts of various ethnic groups.

However, in recent years in Europe (excluding UK), the term white is becoming more and more popular due to increasing African and Arab immigration they are seeing themselves as whites now, while they didn't (at least not as much) before inter-continental mass migration.

The Anglo-Saxon British used to think that the Irish weren't white or of their race. :mjlol:

V4TdJ7Q.jpg

aVIMkfC.png

03u5uxP.gif

Cc1Wyf7.jpg

I know even within families some siblings look more African whilst some look more Eurasian. But theres still a “Somali look” you can just tell when someone is Somali.
I've never seen families that have divergent looks within them, although they may exist but are rare. Most Somali families maintain a uniform look for the most part.

I've never seen families that have divergent looks within them, although they may exist but are rare. Most Somali families maintain a uniform look for the most part.
Not true, I have seen many Somali families with differing skintones and hair textures, even within my own family thats the case

Not true, I have seen many Somali families with differing skintones and hair textures, even within my own family thats the case
Well i guess it's down to personal experience.

My family has a uniform racial look on a phenotype basis (skintone is irrelevant) & many other Somali families are like that as well.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@geeljire madaxweyne

Sxb, @Tukraq has a point because racist Europeans called South-East Asians the yellow and haven't you heard about the term the 'yellow peril'?

What's the origin of the phrase 'The Yellow Peril'?

The phrase 'The Yellow Peril' is no longer used in anger, so to speak. The threat of Oriental hordes swarming west and engulfing 'civilised' societies was a widely held fear in the late 19th/early 20th centuries.

...…….The yellow was clearly an allusion to skin colour, although not to the cowardice suggested by the American term yellow bellied, which was coined later.

The fear in the West of the mysterious, and many believed unknowable, Orientals was as real at the turn of the 20th century as the fear of Muslims at the start of the 21st, and just as misguided.

The term Yellow Peril was coined following Japan's military defeat of China in 1895 and was generally applied to Japan. It has been reported as being coined by the German Kaiser Wilhelm II, in September 1895. If the Kaiser did coin the phrase then the date is incorrect as the term was used earlier that year by the Hungarian General Turr, in an assessment of Bismark. This was reported in several US newspaper at the time, including the Ohio paper The Sandusky Register, June 1895:

"The 'yellow peril' is more threatening than ever. Japan has made in a few years as much progress as other nations have made in centuries."

Read more on

BecDWQHCQAA6ezL.jpg

Barkad's sister is hot, what is her name? She reminds me of @Rahiko.
my point still stands aussie
:farmajoyaab:anywyaz you dont see people screaming hey yellow at jackie chan do you

asians are called asians in the us that yellow thing is hardley brought up sometimes as a joke or a racist assault hardley brought up almost like the n word

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
He thought it was just black and white, and that Asians and Indians were safe from race:chrisfreshhah: even Native Americans are race classified and are called red indians unlike those from the Indian subcontinent who are called brown:mjlol:
native americans are not called red they where before
but today thier simply called indian

and as for the chiniese and east asians thier not called yellow
they where hardley called yellow mostly as a discription:mjlol:

i have yet to see a jackie chan movie where someone called him yellow as his race
he was mostly called asian

face it only blacks are identified with black cause they lack an identity:childplease:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts