β€œSomalis Before The Arab Invasion”

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
how r they elite do tell πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ€”πŸ€”
Oromo girls are elite, there's a reason Somali niggas used to get assimilated like crazy, it wasn't through war but through poom poom
1710682642233.png

1710682657046.png

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
Wdym oromiyya exists right now
We can sort this out inshallah
and there were many cases of half somalis half oromo offspring most of the time preffering their oromo side rather than somali side they are literal sleeper cells and oromos know this.
This only happens in border regions, if it was anywhere else in somaliweyn they are fully assimilated. In reality, most half habasha or half oromo in Somalia try hide their Ethiopian side in fear of bullying.
Don't fall for the oromo psyop..
Oromo are not organised or intelligent enough to conduct a mass psyop on Somali.

Oromo are not organised or intelligent enough to conduct a mass psyop on Somali.

Not organised? Walaal, ask the Amharas how they're doing right now.
Wdym oromiyya exists right now and there were many cases of half somalis half oromo offspring most of the time preffering their oromo side rather than somali side they are literal sleeper cells and oromos know this. Don't fall for the oromo psyop..

100%. Ironically, I was just on a tiktok live and an oromo dude who is half somali said he feels more oromo than somali and that dir dhaba is an oromo city. And his dad was an ogaden. To me that's qasaaro, like wtf I even had you for if you don't rate me or my culture?

On a serious note- Somalis have good trading relations all the way from Zambia to South Sudan.

They’re rapidly becoming influential in Kenya, too. With our links to the Arab world, we could have become a regional super power and the proper Jews of Africa. Instead, we’re reliant and fight over UN aid money 😩
We could’ve made money like Singapore and be the regions busiest cargo seaport.

those africa fb pages also appear on my feed. they all have the same posts about african facts, habesha glazing and also the somalis before arab culture shit. They must get the source from some sort of discord or info supply because they repeat the same nonsense
Yep, it maybe a coordinated effort.

A decade ago, Oromos bore a presence in SL, the perception of those people seems to have changed with increasing immigration and the skepticism that comes with it since when I was there back in 2013, those people were viewed as miskeens that worked well.

One has to be careful to not frame this as a binary, black-and-white contrast view of injustice virtue signaling viewing migrants as unfortunate actors and the host people as the irrational, malicious factor as it masks the reality in unhelpful ways. Avoiding that is crucial, otherwise, the outcome is the people of Somaliland are bad-natured, without any reasonable explanation, and the migrants are treated worse for no reason than existing.

Examining the problem on the backdrop of rational plain, having many migrants moving into land with limited resources and opportunities, inhabited by poor people, the incoming people then represent a rational threat of taking jobs at lower salaries away from the natives, making the Oromo represent a quite a problem for the collective well-being of the average citizen since the carrying capacity is already low in Somaliland in its current condition.

Again, the hating Oromo part for no reason of just racism is not a true statement at all, because Oromos were not hated a decade ago in the land. Unsustainable, quite uncontrolled migration, to an irresponsible proportion, has led this to go toward a high burden cost of the indigenous citizens. Now, the response of growing hatred by Landers is probably not the most graceful sight, but this is human nature; you're not going to see much love toward people who you think represent a threat to your well-being and life prospects. Overall, I think many in Somaliland treat Oromos like people. We have to make sure not to exaggerate things.

At the same time, one has to factor in that with a growing Oromo presence, and lack of vetting among those people have caused issues and growing suspicion among Somaliland citizens because of strange incidents. It's hard to have a sense of community if children are being kidnapped or you don't share a sense of value or worldview in a land where that is crucial and has been crucial for survival.

This does not mean that I don't feel bad for Oromos who get mistreated in Somaliland, since I believe any migrants should be treated well, no matter where they are from. And I don't think any Somalilander should attack Oromo and do personal injustice and they should follow the laws. But I don't accept the framing that Somalilanders are raging lunatic racists who just want to harm oromos for xenophobic reasons. This is what people call gaslighting. Their concerns are real and it is irresponsible to gloss over it like this is some Mexican coming to America, a country that has a tremendous carrying capacity. It's not even apples and oranges.

The other factor is historical and extremely salient, meaning a trend. Our relationship with Oromos has been of them consistently expanding on Somali lands, Somalis accept them as neighbors, then when time goes things get blurry because Somalis warm up to them and think they will not get taken advantage of, but suddenly the descendants of the Oromos you let in with kindness demand land and resources, conflict happens, they get demographic dominance, and then they start to lay claim on historic Somali territory. This has happened many, many times, and we more than any other people know this, and it did not only happen to us. Somaliland is deep into Somali territory; one has to question why the migrants are not other Ethiopians but Oromos. It's because of the historic expansion of those specific peoples at the cost of our receding presence, and Somaliland is the final line. So with that in mind, it is quite dangerous to have too many of them around you because you cannot reverse that without things getting ugly. And no one wants ugly, trust me.

Pretending that history has stopped, that this is some old outdated process, and forgetting that within the last two decades, several massacres have taken place with countless territorial disputes is irresponsible. One has to question why many Somalis don't migrate deep toward southern Ethiopia on their lands.

Unquestionable is that the majority of Oromos seek economic opportunities without some scheme of taking over individually, acknowledging this fundamental fact does not remove the reality of them being a distinct set of people, and with a growing population will have a sense of coherency that will replay a lot of bad history - the Oromo expansionary culture is something that is real and should be responded to aptly or we will be outplayed. This is not some foolish conspiracy or immigration scare but a reality, a fact. One has to learn from previous mistakes or things will never change with the same problems repeating.

Now, suddenly, the reactions of Somalis all make sense but at the same time the government should deal with this and frankly stop migration, they have to help the Oromos who probably have lived there for a long time and make sure their well-being is met and protect them against harmful actors, but I think some deportations also is in order of the newer immigrants of young men that just come there for work and weird characters that show up on the radar needs to also be sent back. All of this can be done ethically without injustice. You cannot run a country on irresponsibility and virtue signaling that is what leads to growing problems and more hate. All migration should be manageable and that is how the Oromos that live there can have it nice and the natives as well.

The Oromo influx is extremely high relative to the population size of Somaliland compared to rich countries. So no, it is not an "insane" response. It is a rational response of rightful concern for self-preservation that has historically in every turn proven to be right. It can be done better, starting with mitigation and an internal understanding of demographics to produce a policy that drives effective actionable approaches, but the underlying sentiment comes from a place that is true and real. Somalilanders don't have the comfort of holding cheap 21st-century optics as primary consideration. They cannot survive with some liberal cadaan woman thinking as if Somaliland is America with space and resources for many millions more. That luxury does not exist for poor Somalilanders, and Oromos are not Mexicans, and America did not lose land to Mexicans either; it was the other way around, probably. So they cannot play those silly games because tomorrow they will have larger issues within their borders.

The other problem is how Ethiopia can garner influence by pushing migration toward Somaliland. We see how that is highly effective for Russia in the Caucasus and other places in Eastern Europe. You have to control these things before it is too late. Demography is no joke. The state has to deal with it and deportation is part of the equation. I don't want all Oromos gone. Again, the ones who have lived there for a long time got vetted and integrated should get to stay. But the rest needs to get going. No violence should be forced upon them but their presence has to be managed. Somalilanders cannot live in la la land.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts