What do you think about Somalis in Western militaries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having done a internship in my computer science field, I realized I didn't want to be a desk jockey for the rest of my career. I'm more of a outdoorsy/using my hands and on the go type of person. I think a signals/ cyber operations officer would be a great career for me. I get to travel the world, be in outdoor environments, and have a opportunity to pursue a masters degree paid fully by the govt. I love sports n working out, so i get to do that as a lifestyle. I'm also a firm believer in having self control, discipline and structure in your life...and the military really embodies those 3 characteristics. The best part is that it's a non-combat role. But when I told my friends that I'm starting boot camp for this shit this coming summer, they all think I'm gonna be a real soldier out there on some call of duty shit loll. Tbh I couldn't give a single f*ck what people think, but I just wanted to see what the general opinion is here of Somalis in serving military roles just so I can have a idea what to expect.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
You could learn a lot of important and useful skills that you could then bring back to the motherland. I think it's good. Go get 'em. Semper Fi.

You could learn a lot of important and useful skills that you could then bring back to the motherland. I think it's good. Go get 'em. Semper Fi.

Jesus christ you're a monster fam. You want me to go back and teach these bahals how to fight and kill more efficiently?

Lool jokes aside you're right. I always wanted to give back to Somalia, was thinking of opening a gym/kickboxing school in Somalia when I get old as f*ck and chill with my pension lacag

Sell-outs :5hcpspq:

True, I can see why someone would believe that. I useed to see it that way as well but then I started thinking in a more pragmatic way. Many of us are actual citizens, a lot of us by birth, of these cadaan countries we live in. If shit hits the fan and your city is under attack, wouldn't you want the best protection and security. I find it hard to call the same people who would die protecting you and your family sellouts. Just the way I see it sxb. I'm from a miskeen country, we don't go around invading and getting into wars. Mostly self defense and peacekeeping

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Jesus christ you're a monster fam. You want me to go back and teach these bahals how to fight and kill more efficiently?

Lool jokes aside you're right. I always wanted to give back to Somalia, was thinking of opening a gym/kickboxing school in Somalia when I get old as f*ck and chill with my pension lacag
It doesn't even have to be about fighting. Many of the skills you learn will translate nicely into the civilian sector.

Sell-outs :5hcpspq:
:draketf::what::snoop:

True, I can see why someone would believe that. I useed to see it that way as well but then I started thinking in a more pragmatic way. Many of us our actual citizens, a lot of us by birth, of these cadaan countries we live in. If shit hits the fan and your city is under attack, wouldn't you want the best protection and security. I find it hard to call the same people who would die protecting you and your family sellouts. Just the way I see it sxb. I'm from a miskeen country, we don't go around invading and getting into wars. Mostly self defense and peacekeeping

Protect my family?

:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::russ::kodaksmiley:

These militaries would only protect their people walal.
And last I checked these same western militaries were responsible for slavery and the colonisation of African countries. Today, all these western militaries do is bomb Syria and carry out deadly drone tests in third world countries away from their people.

Protect me from who? Themselves? :hmm:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
:kanyehmm:

Excuse me for being loyal to my people
Loyal to whom? Are you not living the west? Educated in the west? Paying taxes in the west? Then you're just as big of a sellout as the one who joins the army. The one who's joining the military is just more honest than you about it. Your money is going towards these peoples salaries, and the equipment and weapons they buy. At least the person who joins the military will be able to bring rare and in demand skills back to Somalia. Things that can help in some small way bring Somalia a brighter future. Things they sorely need.

You can't be sitting comfy in the west and talk about selling out. We're all sell outs if that's the case.

Loyal to whom? Are you not living the west? Educated in the west? Paying taxes in the west? Then you're just as big of a sellout as the one who joins the army. The one who's joining the military is just more honest than you about it. Your money is going towards these peoples salaries, and the equipment and weapons they buy. At least the person who joins the military will be able to bring rare and in demand skills back to Somalia. Things that can help in some small way bring Somalia a brighter future. Things they sorely need.

You can't be sitting comfy in the west and talk about selling out. We're all sell outs if that's the case.

How does living in the west equate to fighting for the west?

:drakewtf:

But the joke is on u for assuming I pay taxes, I don't pay shillin :francis:

War waxaan bal eega.:damedamn:

But I think you're getting me wrong for thinking that I hate the west, that is not the case. I just hate their backward militaries that have time and time again attacked my people under the guise of "help" but by all means, support these militaries if you want. Just hand back your black card, your muslim card, your somali card, hand them all back.

Police-Throw-Man-Out-of-Moving-Car.gif

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
But I think you're getting me wrong for thinking that I hate the west, that is not the case. I just hate their backward militaries that have time and time again attacked my people under the guise of "help" but by all means, support these militaries if you want. Just hand back your black card, your muslim card, your somali card, hand them all back.

Police-Throw-Man-Out-of-Moving-Car.gif
You (or your parents) are paying their salaries. Living off their ill gotten gains. Helped pay for that nice truck in the gif you posted. You're just as bad, no matter how you try to make yourself feel better. At least he would get more in return. There are many things the military can teach him. Useful knowledge that he can then bring back to Somalia.

Tell what flag is on a military person's uniform? Answer: The same one on your passport. You're part of the same machine.

You (or your parents) are paying their salaries. Living off their ill gotten gains. Helped pay for that nice truck in the gif you posted. You're just as bad, no matter how you try to make yourself feel better. At least he would get more in return. There are many things the military can teach him. Useful knowledge that he can then bring back to Somalia.

Tell what flag is on a military person's uniform? Answer: The same one on your passport. You're part of the same machine.

My parents might support these militaries, they may even agree with the shit they do but I don't so you really don't have a point here :childplease:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
You're right, I'm sorry. It's my fault for trying to argue with a non-taxpayer.:francis:
At least you're owning up to it

:manny:
:dwill:

Being in the military isn't really bad thing i have cousin whos in the Candian military got his whole schooling paid off from them. After his contract is finish he can re join the military or find work else were which isn't really a bad deal :damedamn:

Just cause someone joins the military dont mean that they are going into combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.